Official Findings

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
superstar5677
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

Here's the document that's been released, and posted on the Melbourne Storm website.
http://www.melbournestorm.com.au/defaul ... n-findings
PURPLE HEART, PURPLE PRIDE
NEVER SURRENDER, NEVER DIE

I <3 Cooper Cronk!!!
*swoon*
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Apart from giving actual dollar values per season it seems to be a collection of generalisations ?
Which leans heavily on the point that players & officials did not co-operate whilst reference to co-operation,(access to accounts & emails) of THE CLUBS OWNERS is glaringly absent ?

I can see why my multi national employer chose NOT to use this excellent,(?) firm for audit purposes.
Or did they just stick to the terms of reference given to them by - You know who  ;-)
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
Chip
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Can someone clarify why the breach of the cap would be lower in 2008 than the preceding & following years which were the GF years? It sticks out as a bit of an anomaly...wouldn't the amount of the breach be a steadily growing figure if you look at it overall?  Did Storm lose a significant number of the named players or something in that year?  Or have the 2 GF years been loaded to justify the stripping of the GF's.  I may be being paranoid & there could be a rational explanation but it just seems a bit wrong & against the trend of the breach.
Buzz
Site Slave
Site Slave

How much is the actual "overs" amount? This will remain a superficially inflated figure until the amount of Third Party Payments is released. These payments were paid for by the 3rd Party (ie Cam Smith and Foxtel) with a guarantee that should the payment not be made, Storm would either find a new 3rd party or pay the money.

According to the NRL, for Melbourne Storm this is outside the cap. I refer back to the Nth Qld Cowboys CEO saying that he needed to find a third party agreement in the order of $500,000 to keep Thurston at his club. That apparently is OK.
absentee
Monsoon
Monsoon

I don't understand how David Gallop can assume the report is correct when he hasn't seen it.  I realise they're all one big happy company, but let's pretend for a moment that there's some separation between the NRL and News Ltd - why would he just go with the figures that were found in a report that was ordered by a club's owners?  He should either be standing by what the NRL's audit found or asking for further investigation.  We're talking about peoples lives here and for Gallop to simply say "I understand that the report is pretty much correct" (I don't remember the exact quote but it was something like this) is irresponsible.  Who's really in charge here?
You had me at meat tornado.
mka
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

what a load of rubbish. News ltd has only released a condensed version of the report. They said on sen this morning that even gallop has only seen the edited report.
What are they hiding?
Will we ever know the truth?
CaptainKlutz
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

mka wrote: ....
No!
[b]Making movies, signing songs and fight'n round the world.[/b]

Dose chess dip Err?
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

Listening to a guy SEN this morning said the report the was complied by the Deloitte would truthful and correct, beacuse they are a large international firm, do these kind of audits all the time and they would not lie because Newslimited told them to.  Then he said, but waht was released to public from the report is a different story.
mb09
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

mka wrote: what a load of rubbish. News ltd has only released a condensed version of the report. They said on sen this morning that even gallop has only seen the edited report.
What are they hiding?
Probably not
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Buzz wrote: How much is the actual "overs" amount? This will remain a superficially inflated figure until the amount of Third Party Payments is released. These payments were paid for by the 3rd Party (ie Cam Smith and Foxtel) with a guarantee that should the payment not be made, Storm would either find a new 3rd party or pay the money.

According to the NRL, for Melbourne Storm this is outside the cap. I refer back to the Nth Qld Cowboys CEO saying that he needed to find a third party agreement in the order of $500,000 to keep Thurston at his club. That apparently is OK.
And thereby hangs the rub  ](*,)
My understanding of the 3rd party agreement ruling is that there is no limit on $ value  :?
You can have a player with a $2 million dollar 3rd party deal & none of it is included in the clubs salary cap. PROVIDING That the agreement is not with anyone connected to the club or it's sponsors. Which is strange when you factor in statements that the Cam Smith / Foxtel deal only impinged on the cap because of the clubs backup guarantee ? No wonder Deloitte got confused  ;-)
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields