Billy Slater was interviewed on SEN tonight

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

Bugger, I turned the radio on to find that Billy Slater was being interviewed by Tamsyn Lewis on SEN's Six Degrees Of Sport tonight. This show starts at 7pm and I turned the radio on a touch before 7:30pm.

The interview was recorded last Monday night so nothing on the trial match against Newtown Jets or the two Storm players.

Billy discussed salary cap concessions, working with Gay Waterhouse, his driving 20 hours with his cousin from Innisfail to Brisbane to try out with Brisbane Norths, sharing house with Ryan Hoffman and Ben MacDougall, surfing around Torquay with Robbie Kearns, his sporting idols - Allan Langer, Wally Lewis, Tamsyn Lewis, missing out on being named Rookie Of The Year due to the Dally M Awards being cancelled, contract/future playing plans, his hopes to play State Of Origin, media training, favorite things ie movie, music, etc, his thoughts on Aussie Rules and doing some cross-training with Richmond Tigers and Collingwood Magpies, amongst other things.

He will be on air again next Monday night after 7pm as it will be his turn to interview a sportsperson.
Buzz
Site Slave
Site Slave

Just on the Six Degrees of Sport - they replay the interview at least once during the rest of the week. It might be worth emailing the station and finding out when the next replay will be on.

As for SEN, the ground announcer at the MCG for cricket is Tony Schibeci - who hosts the midnight to 6am Sunday and Monday morning shifts. I've warned him that we'll be bombarding him with calls on League. He told me that during his shift this morning, he mentioned the Matt Orford situation several times.

If you're up after midnight on Saturday or Sunday nights - give him a call!
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

Bugger, I actually listened to the start of his show on Saturday night and contemplated ringing up but didn't.

I think from memory he was talking about soccer but was encouraging callers to ring about any sport they wanted to discuss.
Buzz
Site Slave
Site Slave

They are planning a lot more soccer for that timeframe - considering that it does co-incide with big European games. But Tony's up for anything!

I did ask Tony today about whether SEN was interested in broadcasting League (since they won't be able to broadcast AFL for another 3 years). He said the management met to discuss this a couple of weeks ago - but apparently thought there wasn't enough of an audience.

Maybe another email blitz is on the cards? ;)
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

Buzz wrote:I did ask Tony today about whether SEN was interested in broadcasting League (since they won't be able to broadcast AFL for another 3 years). He said the management met to discuss this a couple of weeks ago - but apparently thought there wasn't enough of an audience.

Maybe another email blitz is on the cards? ;)
I actually sent them another email yesterday regarding that matter and whether Rugby League would get a timeslot on SEN like AFL, soccer, basketball and horse racing does.
AAS
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

If people did not hear the interview!!!! Saturday 9pm-10pm is the repeat.
DEAR STORMWARING(C), PLEASE LEAVE!!!

THANKS FROM THE AASHOLE OF THE BAI STAND