Greg Inglis to Brisbane

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
jellyhead
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Piss Lowrie off. He's useless.
Freshy
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

jellyhead wrote: Piss Lowrie off. He's useless.
aww poor guy haha. I like him. He's started off scrappy but getting his act together. He's gradually coming back into his 08 form I believe.
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

If Inglis really wants to stay, why did he ask permission to talk to the Broncos?  His girlfriend has always had a job in Melbourne.  If it is a new job offer, surely she would have spoken to him before taking it.
Last edited by glennb on Mon Jul 12, 2010 6:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Monsoon
Monsoon

glennb wrote: Ii Inglis really wants to stay, why did he ask permission to talk to the Broncos?
coz sally wears the pants in the inglis household!
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Sorry to burst everyone's happiness bubble....but for the right money.....Inglis was going to actually go to the Broncos.

I'm not sure who I am more disappointed with.....the Club for letting him shop himself or Inglis for actually wanting to go.

In fact...I am equally disappointed with BOTH. Piss poor effort on both fronts IMHO.

If this is how Greg repays the Club he feels he owes everything to (HIS WORDS NOT MINE)...then I'd hate to see what he'd do to a club or person he owes nothing to.

I am truely shocked...I thought I couldn't be anymore shocked after 22nd April 2010...but I am.

Maybe I am niaive...maybe I am stupid...but this is another low light for Melbourne Storm as a Club.

:'(
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
stormsally
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Sorry but I think you need to get over it.  The NRL doesn't encourage club loyalty - it is trying to change that, but the level playing field is more important than club loyalty - so you can talk all you like about what a player 'owes' to a club, but in the end the talent balancing act means that players move on (or at least they should have).

When the talk was about Cooper - everyone was saying how the club would be stupid to let him go.  As it turns out from the salary specuation they would be stupid because Cooper alegedly isn't on the supercontract of the other three.

If anyone mentions Cameron !!!

At the end of the day there has to be player movement and if it has to be one of the 'big 4' then we just have to live with it.

If the findings have been to hand for a week maybe the Storm football dept have the result that they are using this time to sort out their list before theshit his the fan.
We live to play, we play to win, We try and try, we won’t say die, we won’t give in
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I was quite amused that GI is now also linked to the Gold Coast. How the lima lima lima duck can THEY afford him. They are the next club to cop it in the neck FFS!
[color=#400040]Melbourne Storm 2011:[/color] take your time, try not to forget, pay no mind to us... [color=#400080]WE'RE JUST A MINOR THREAT![/color]
Monsoon
Monsoon

Storm Spirit wrote: Sorry to burst everyone's happiness bubble....but for the right money.....Inglis was going to actually go to the Broncos.

I'm not sure who I am more disappointed with.....the Club for letting him shop himself or Inglis for actually wanting to go.

In fact...I am equally disappointed with BOTH. Piss poor effort on both fronts IMHO.

If this is how Greg repays the Club he feels he owes everything to (HIS WORDS NOT MINE)...then I'd hate to see what he'd do to a club or person he owes nothing to.

I am truely shocked...I thought I couldn't be anymore shocked after 22nd April 2010...but I am.

Maybe I am niaive...maybe I am stupid...but this is another low light for Melbourne Storm as a Club.

None of us will ever know what really happened behind closed doors. Maybe GI knows one of the 4 has to go and he had the best reason with his fiances job. Maybe he was trying to do the club a favour, by going out on his terms, not theirs. Maybe the whole crazy love excuse is legit? maybe he knows something about the rort we dont? Maybe THE CLUB told him they cant keep him, and that billy coops and cam are the priorities, maybe its all just a media beat up? Aslong as greg stays in storm colours i think most will be happy, despite what really went on.
Michael :P
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Storm Spirit wrote: Sorry to burst everyone's happiness bubble....but for the right money.....Inglis was going to actually go to the Broncos.

wtf is he supposed to do if he's told that the club would willingly let him go before the other 3 after he'd been begging to stay for months (which is the case).

Dont apply rules to Greg we sure has hell wouldnt apply to ourselves. If I was told by my workplace I was the least of there priorities after telling all and sundry how I could never work anywhere else Id be out the door before you could say boo with no regrets.
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

stormsally wrote: Sorry but I think you need to get over it.  The NRL doesn't encourage club loyalty - it is trying to change that, but the level playing field is more important than club loyalty - so you can talk all you like about what a player 'owes' to a club, but in the end the talent balancing act means that players move on (or at least they should have).

When the talk was about Cooper - everyone was saying how the club would be stupid to let him go.  As it turns out from the salary specuation they would be stupid because Cooper alegedly isn't on the supercontract of the other three.

If anyone mentions Cameron !!!

At the end of the day there has to be player movement and if it has to be one of the 'big 4' then we just have to live with it.

If the findings have been to hand for a week maybe the Storm football dept have the result that they are using this time to sort out their list before theshit his the fan.

SS.....Greg was the one who said he owed everything to Storm.

How about playing for 250k for the next 3 years and then sorting out a new contract.

250k IS STILL L10 X THE AVERAGE YEARLY WAGE IN AUSTRALIA.

GI was one of clowns that has obviously got our club in this positon in the first place.

And YES...I AM ANGRY.....he should take a pay cut as a 1st option to stay with Storm.

I refuse to beleive that Gallop can STOP players taking a pay cut...it just couldn't happen despite everything that has been said.
Last edited by Storm Spirit on Mon Jul 12, 2010 6:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Noa Nadruku wrote:

wtf is he supposed to do if he's told that the club would willingly let him go before the other 3 after he'd been begging to stay for months (which is the case).

Dont apply rules to Greg we sure has hell wouldnt apply to ourselves. If I was told by my workplace I was the least of there priorities after telling all and sundry how I could never work anywhere else Id be out the door before you could say boo with no regrets.
Noa....who's told GI he's not a priority to be retained...where is there a quote directly attributable to Bellamy or Ponissi.

The last I heard...the 4 Directors had drawn up a plan to keep the big 4...how much more love does GI want than that ????
Michael :P
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Storm Spirit wrote:
Noa Nadruku wrote:

Noa....who's told GI he's not a priority to be retained...where is there a quote directly attributable to Bellamy or Ponissi.

The last I heard...the 4 Directors had drawn up a plan to keep the big 4...how much more love does GI want than that ????

Theyd like to but its out there that if one has to go Inglis will be it.
Monsoon
Monsoon

Storm Spirit do you really believe GI just flat out wanted to abandon the storm with no rhyme or reason?

Noa is right, i think he might already know he's the expendable asset.
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

1999 wrote: Storm Spirit do you really believe GI just flat out wanted to abandon the storm with no rhyme or reason?

Noa is right, i think he might already know he's the expendable asset.
No .... I find it difficult to accept that GI just wanted to flat out abandon the Storm...but like the well worn cliche.....when the going gets tough, the tough get going.

He should fight fight fight like hell to stay and rebuild the club.

I love the guy...he is a freaking once in a generation player...once in two generations maybe....I think that Storm will be a shadow of a team without him...still competitive, but NQR anymore to seriously put new Premierships in the display cabinet.
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Get a grip people  :roll:
We've been here since 1998 & Lots of "Irreplaceable" player have up & left.
We've seen some dark & ugly times as well.
We're still here - right ?

I know losing long term players from our team is like losing a member of the family,(something that those 'north of the Murray' don't quite understand about the Storm),but we will move forward & more young talent will step up into the line.
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields