Active Support - help needed!

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Hailstorm
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Also keep in mind to date we've only had 2 day games at the new stadium and one
Monday night game where we got flogged (also in one of those day games). Day games
have never had the same atmosphere as night games. Hopefully this Saturday nights
game we'll be better positioned for a win and then I think you'll find the atmosphere
will return but I totally understand where you are coming from.

Re: the guy with the cowbell behind the Bai Stand. During the Bulldogs game he totally
screwed all opportunities for chants that you guys in the Thundersquad created with your
cowbell because the dumbarse doesn't have a clue. Would be good if someone could have
a word with him & good luck to whoever is game enough to. If he screws things up again
this week I'm letting Tigger off her leash  :lol:  :lol:

I really like the AFL style floogers idea. Now we're in a stadium with seating right up close
I think they could have a really good effect. I also loved the big flag you guys had on
Monday night though I kept waiting for it to catch fire from those fire-thingys  :lol:

BTW - checkout the Bai Standers after each Storm try is scored but usually before the
conversion kick is taken. Would be great to get the entire stand doing it (as stupid as
some of us do feel when we're too sober  :lol: )
stormsally
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

I'm all in Mark.  I'm going to slum it with the behind the goalers - for this game anyway.  I don't expect there will be any trouble getting into General with Premier's pass?!
We live to play, we play to win, We try and try, we won’t say die, we won’t give in
mystormboys
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Would the banner crew have any ideas especially making floggers for those closest round the fence??
Cowbell-Mark
Squall
Squall

In Response to CooperCronk's question regarding whether or not we have contacted the club to help us out - No we haven't, not just yet anyway because we first need to sort out what kind of numbers we will get, our preferred setout etc. ..I was thinking maybe walk around the stadium and get quick signatures etc.
Hailstorm wrote:Also keep in mind to date we've only had 2 day games at the new stadium and one
Monday night game where we got flogged (also in one of those day games). Day games
have never had the same atmosphere as night games. Hopefully this Saturday nights
game we'll be better positioned for a win and then I think you'll find the atmosphere
will return but I totally understand where you are coming from.

Re: the guy with the cowbell behind the Bai Stand. During the Bulldogs game he totally
screwed all opportunities for chants that you guys in the Thundersquad created with your
cowbell because the dumbarse doesn't have a clue. Would be good if someone could have
a word with him & good luck to whoever is game enough to. If he screws things up again
this week I'm letting Tigger off her leash  Laughing  Laughing

I really like the AFL style floogers idea. Now we're in a stadium with seating right up close
I think they could have a really good effect. I also loved the big flag you guys had on
Monday night though I kept waiting for it to catch fire from those fire-thingys  Laughing

BTW - checkout the Bai Standers after each Storm try is scored but usually before the
conversion kick is taken. Would be great to get the entire stand doing it (as stupid as
some of us do feel when we're too sober  Laughing )
Yeah I agree with people being a bit down at the moment from getting flogged and not being in the mood to cheer, but the issue is clearly in too many supporter groups being split, and our goal is to bring as many of those as possible into one area. We thought the thundersqaud was going to work but cleary has failed. And I will be sure to make sure to keep an eye on the bai stand after a try is scored, because we too have our own little song, then clap before Smithy takes his kick ;)
Cowbell-Mark
Squall
Squall

stormsally wrote: I'm all in Mark.  I'm going to slum it with the behind the goalers - for this game anyway.  I don't expect there will be any trouble getting into General with Premier's pass?!

Beautiful! Thats more like it ;) But the worry is that thundersquad is allocated seating, and we just sat down the front on Monday due to empty seats...It may be an issue Tomorrow but I'm sure we will find a near-by area that can accommodate the numbers. You shouldn't have too much of an issue getting in with your premiers pass as General admission is right around the tundersquad.
Cowbell-Mark
Squall
Squall

mystormboys wrote: Would the banner crew have any ideas especially making floggers for those closest round the fence??
Thats a bright idea, the banner idea would also have a close connection with the club so maybe they could help us out a little.
Tigger
Site Slave
Site Slave

Pretty sure the Banner Crew haven't made floggers ever but there are a few people who have smaller versions (think they're in the eastern stand now).  Can't be too hard to find out how they're made....

As for a Thundersquad storage room at the ground - over the Banner Crews dead bodies will you get that before we get somewhere to pole the banner/store the poles & general banner stuff/etc  ;-)
There is 'apparently' nowhere for us (read a room big enough) to pole the banner so we have to do it at the same time the banner is made - makes for a longer night   :(

Oh well, things are still being sorted out at our new home - it'll all be good wont it....wont it??  :lol:
When I want your opinion - I'll give it to you!
StormFront
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Maybe post a Chant up on here - i know there is a chant section but sorry - no one goes there.
So maybe one chant per game goes up on the Melbourne Section...

Also get in contact with the club and see if they can email that chant out with the
Hail Storm news letter via email.

At the game try to hand out copies of the chant to people in the area. Or gather email
address from the people in that section so you can email them a chant book and highlight
the main 2 or 3 chants for that week..... Start up a face book page and list the chants there
for those that are part of that area. Ask the owner of this site very nicely - whether or not
a section can be created for the Thunder Squad maybe ...

A big flag like I think St George had that was pulled up over the cheer squad group at Docklands
was great - looekd about 10 meters by 5 meters wide... pulled up for a few minutes
over the heads of that section of the stand - something like that prior to kick off and when
we win would be great... could also be used for away games if you or know people going.

A few people on here were part of the MSSC and most had a lot of enthusiasm and put in a lot
of effort, time and in some cases money to get things happening. But due to a number of
reasons things started to fall apart. Some of that was due to the shift in management away
from having the supporters so close to the club and the players - which really destroyed a lot
of what the club was about and why the fans were so loyal.

If you are having trouble with security let the storm staff know what is happening.
Maybe they can get you clearance on the banners - but at all games I have seen every banner
checked - just part of the security like checking the bags. No big deal really and takes 2 minutes.

It will take time... I think we are all getting use to who we are sitting next to...
and all the shyte that has gone down has really ripped at the hearts of the
supporters. But in time this will get better.
Lets Party Like Its 1999....
The Storm 1999, 2007, 2009, 2011

StormFront......
Cowbell-Mark
Squall
Squall

StormFront wrote: Maybe post a Chant up on here - i know there is a chant section but sorry - no one goes there.
So maybe one chant per game goes up on the Melbourne Section...

Also get in contact with the club and see if they can email that chant out with the
Hail Storm news letter via email.

At the game try to hand out copies of the chant to people in the area. Or gather email
address from the people in that section so you can email them a chant book and highlight
the main 2 or 3 chants for that week..... Start up a face book page and list the chants there
for those that are part of that area. Ask the owner of this site very nicely - whether or not
a section can be created for the Thunder Squad maybe ...

A big flag like I think St George had that was pulled up over the cheer squad group at Docklands
was great - looekd about 10 meters by 5 meters wide... pulled up for a few minutes
over the heads of that section of the stand - something like that prior to kick off and when
we win would be great... could also be used for away games if you or know people going.

A few people on here were part of the MSSC and most had a lot of enthusiasm and put in a lot
of effort, time and in some cases money to get things happening. But due to a number of
reasons things started to fall apart. Some of that was due to the shift in management away
from having the supporters so close to the club and the players - which really destroyed a lot
of what the club was about and why the fans were so loyal.

If you are having trouble with security let the storm staff know what is happening.
Maybe they can get you clearance on the banners - but at all games I have seen every banner
checked - just part of the security like checking the bags. No big deal really and takes 2 minutes.

It will take time... I think we are all getting use to who we are sitting next to...
and all the shyte that has gone down has really ripped at the hearts of the
supporters. But in time this will get better.

Thanks for the ideas...I really like the one about the hailstorm newsletter, and handing out chants at the game. As for the facebook page I may give that a go, but I have  a feeling t would not be affective. But I will definitely make up a list of chants to hand out over the next week or so, silly me never thought of that. And funny that you bought up the idea of a jersey banner drooping over the fans because we were thinking that on Monday too. MSSC?? I take it that was a social committee for the storm? I hope that something like that could rebuild again because that would help dramatically.
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

stormsally wrote: I'm all in Mark.  I'm going to slum it with the behind the goalers - for this game anyway.  I don't expect there will be any trouble getting into General with Premier's pass?!
I had no problems on Monday night when I slummed it with The Bai Stand.  ;D  (Actually I just wanted to get a feel for where I'll likely be sitting in future as Premiers Club will be out of my budget next year.)

Unfortunately for a variety of reasons it was the quietest I've been at a Storm game in years. 
leaguekid
Squall
Squall

In response to The Banner Crew doing something with the Thunder Squad - ie floggers/banners - it currently takes us 6-7 hours to make one banner this is done after we have all been at work so I can't see any of the Banner Crew helping out making extras - I think if anyone from the Thunder Squad wants to do the Floggers/Banners they should approach the club as there are rules in place on sizes of banners/flags etc on  where they can be put ie "Cannot be put in front of any sponsor signs" AAMI PARK rule not club rule - as the Banner is transported to the game each week (due to no storage area) I don't think that the club would be able to help others that want to do banners with regards to storage - cheers
Brian
Squall
Squall

Some of yous would remeber that the old MSSC had floggers many years ago and i think it was Tom mesilane who had them made,where are they now? they wore out as they used to be taken to every away game on the buses.We had a round 20 of them and they did look good
Freshy
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Brian wrote: Some of yous would remeber that the old MSSC had floggers many years ago and i think it was Tom mesilane who had them made,where are they now? they wore out as they used to be taken to every away game on the buses.We had a round 20 of them and they did look good
Last I heard of them, we sent them over to Vegas for use in Tom Jones's NRL ad.
stormsally
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

I ended up with a vistor tonight - so kept my cussy 40m line seats, but I have to say that the crowd was awsome.  It helps that we were scoring try after try, but even beore we got on a role the crowd was really making noise.  There was a group on the Southern side that started up quite loud but didn't keep it up all game.  Around me there aren't many chanters, but those of us who did, could jump on to the tail end of the northern stand/Thunder Squad.

I didn't realise that the cow-bell was confiscated until someone yelled to Storm Man not to go to the northern end, cos the coppers don't like cowbells.  I could hear the chant "give us back our . . ." and I was trying to work out what.  Bringing multiple bells will mean that you could mask their location ;-)

On the TV you could really hear the Billy chant, but I couldn't at the ground.  We did get about 5 people with the Super Bill chant, and when that started at OP it grew each week - so maybe there is some hope for us!!
We live to play, we play to win, We try and try, we won’t say die, we won’t give in
StormFront
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Cowbell Mark -

MSSC - Melbourne Storm Supporters Club. Was run as an independent group separate from
Storm itself. Although some stuff did go through Storm from time to time...
It involved social functions through out the year, a booklet produced each home game,
I think the banner fell into being part of the MSSC at one stage  but I might be wrong on that,
away travel and other things were organised by the MSSC body - which was a group
of volunteers that often worked very hard behind the scenes.

Brian - I had forgotten about the floggers that the MSSC had at one stage... they did look good  :D
Lets Party Like Its 1999....
The Storm 1999, 2007, 2009, 2011

StormFront......