Andrew Johns has stood down as NSW Assistant Coach

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
KingHoweofIsrael
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Tahu had hindsight...........it's not as if he heard the remarks and left on the spot!

I agree with it being the wrong thing to say by a person in his position. The fact it wasn't handled in any way might be the real source of Tahus' departure  -  that i can respect. Turning your back on team mates over words? That's bullshit.

I guess only Tahu knows which one it is.
Storm 4 Life~
Play the ball
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Putting aside whether Timana did or didnt do the right thing ,  for a moment

I can not believe a coach would call an opposition player a black c**t in 2010 to his players, and obviously think that is acceptable

what is this, hicksville, what a dill.
Go the Allblacks, Richmond , and the mighty Storm
The Eagle
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Honestly,would you all be this dirty on Joey if he was saying it about Thurston?
Black is a racist word yes but its also descriptive when speaking with police in my area (we have super black people in blacktown,no,its true not just funny)
and for all reasons mostly his personality or lack thereof Thurston is a C###

I call people left handed C###s from time to time in my saturday indoor sport,am i discriminating about them or just describing them with low brow words?
"Absolutely trained to the minute"
Phil "Gus" Gould

"I will personally pay for those to touchies to go and visit OPSM for a checkup,id thought we'd reverted to gridiron for a moment there"

Desmond "Sorry" Hasler
KingHoweofIsrael
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Eagle, that's what myself and others have been saying (roughly) it's not so much the words that were said, or even the individual who said them. The position (of the individual who said the words) is really the contentious part, i don't mean to speak for everyone, but feel i am  -  basically, if the same guy said the same thing in a pub with a selection of friends (black, white, brown whatever) it wouldn't matter.

If A. Johns told me in a phone conversation that NSW need to shut down that "black expletive" (go sbs) it wouldn't matter so much. But he said that in an official position infront of the people he is meant to be a leader of. Therein lies the problem. If you've read my previous posts you may think i've done a backflip on this  -  i haven't, i still think Tahu did the wrong thing  -  but so did Johns.

KHoI
Storm 4 Life~
CooperCronk
Monsoon
Monsoon

Rebecca Wilson (not that she's a reliable type) said on the Offsiders on Sunday, that Joey (allegedly)  has been doing this for a long time.

I am glad Tahu walked out in protest, Origin jumper/team mates or whatever.
singlemalt
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

KingHoweofIsrael wrote: I'm with Freshy on this one.
KHoI
Well you and freshy are complete fu*king morons then

'Oh look at me, I don't get offended at being racially abused because I am white!!!!'

You useless excuse for a human being ... I wouldn't piss in your mouth if your teeth were on fire

Learn the difference between sledging and racism

lima lima lima duck
KingHoweofIsrael
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

singlemalt wrote:
KHoI

'Oh look at me, I don't get offended at being racially abused because I am white!!!!'

You useless excuse for a human being ... I wouldn't piss in your mouth if your teeth were on fire

*LIMA LIMA LIMA DUCK!*wit
As i'm pretty sure that's not racism or sledging, it must be a tough guy with a huge e-penis running his mouth.

Some of us in the real world don't reach for the kleenex every time someone says something stupid.
Storm 4 Life~
Freshy
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

singlemalt wrote:
KHoI

*LIMA LIMA LIMA DUCK!*wit
Haha look at you go! Mate for the record im black (half maori/half tongan) and I know what its like to be racially abused. What happened with Tahu is sad but still I think Tahu handled it the wrong way.
The Eagle
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Yeah i guess but the way i had pictured it was Joey talking to some asshat one on one
and Tahu walked past and basically used it as an excuse to play for parramatta
and another way to try divide society as a whole and get his people an extra cut of the
already lopsided pie as the darker people of this country are just as capable as the ones
with a dungeon prisoner tan if not more capable in many cases,Another Choc Mundine
just what this country needed to take the racial divide away,my western sydney friends
look at this entire issue in disgust as it doesnt matter if our skins dark or light (i have good mates both sides)
we are Australian

Stop the divide
Phil "Gus" Gould

"I will personally pay for those to touchies to go and visit OPSM for a checkup,id thought we'd reverted to gridiron for a moment there"

Desmond "Sorry" Hasler
KingHoweofIsrael
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

The Eagle wrote: Stop the divide
I liked your post Eagle, especially the quoted bit - much love. Kind of wish it went down the way you described, then all our friends like doublefault (or whatever his name is) would get the point.

Anyways, i'm bailing from this thread, it's run its course  -  bottom line, no Tahu playing, No Johns bringing on water.
Storm 4 Life~
bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Maybe Tahu got sick of it, maybe he tried to work something out with the Admin but nothing was being done.
We don't know the full story.
At the very least, this should have a positive effect on Origin and maybe the game in general. Its sending a strong message (Tahu walking out)
"Better to have Won then Lost, than to have never won at all" Arrogant, but true hahahaha
[img]http://lh5.ggpht.com/_LHg6T-6fC3I/S9VsrfFCLPI/AAAAAAAACeQ/RYZD1XBQI7A/redemption.jpg[/img]
thunder
Squall
Squall

What Johns said was wrong on all levels! There are no excuses and all of you out there trying to justify or simply expalin what he might have meant are living in the stars!

He is a pathetic human being and his comments are not isolated!

But in a statement last night Tahu said the comment was not an isolated incident.

Indigenous Rugby League Council board member Sol Bellear told ABC Local Radio in Brisbane today that he had spoken with senior members of Tahu's family at the weekend.

Bellear was told by the Tahu family that Johns had used a range of derogatory terms towards players of indigenous heritage, and Inglis was not the only target.

"Greg Inglis wasn't the only one who was sledged, [the one] he used those words at," he said.

"He used the word 'nigger', he used the word 'black b', he used the word 'monkey' at other players of colour as well ... and other words such as 'coon' and the like.

He has a track record and if any of you can justify these comments are just as bad as him. The NRL is a joke! It really is!!
The Eagle
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

What Johns said might be well outdated BUT talking to players in your own team,god this has been taken so out of context
I myself have used the same line about someone with Black being used as the word to describe the C***

What you say to your players in private are a private matter and not needed to be plastered all over the news,its absolute
bullshit and as a sportsman im digusted that this phrase ever left the dressing room,its a cone of silence as it should be
What if in the indiginous game the NRL Superspastics coach called say George Rose (Indiginous) A white C*** as half his team
is of a darker skin tone? would that be racism? im tired of being divided with men of my own country by skin colour!!!

The divide i speak of is bad in 2 ways,It leaves an excuse for stupid violence including hate crime laws (Lets face it,every bashing is a hate crime and
it should be seen in the same light as when you bash someone of your own skin colour) and the feeling that our indiginous are a somewhat simpler
person,not worthy of being given respect they deserve and therefore making them look weak due to fringe benefits for the said colour,its saying
"Oh lets help him more,his black he needs it'

Sorry for any percieved racism that anyone may see in my post,but im supporting ALL races saying we are lima lima lima duck equals,Lets start acting like it
and not crucify a man for using a percieved racist word when we all know he has a fair few aboriginal friends which used to include Tahu himself

Political correctness is getting out of hand,What should i call a man whos dark skinned race i do not know? "Hey you,that guy that looks somewhere
between a kiwi and a fijian,Watch the lima lima lima duck out that truck is out of control" instead of say "Hey (singular) black dude,WATCH THE lima lima lima duck OUT!!!"

Oh and im not endorsing Joeys statement,its behind the times but i defend his right to say it in his own teams locker room and things said in
a locker room,should never leave that room,Shame on Tahu in my opinion he has no right to speak of anything said in a private area,be a sook if
you want and leave,but never let it leave the locker room

Crocker still hasnt let his order from Bellamy to leave the locker room when everybody knows it was a foreplanned attempted murder ordered by
Bellamy
Phil "Gus" Gould

Desmond "Sorry" Hasler
stormsally
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Eagle - are you serious!!!
We live to play, we play to win, We try and try, we won’t say die, we won’t give in
The Eagle
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Sourced from the terrorgraph

ANDREW Johns emerged from hiding last night to honour a long-term promise to coach La Perouse United rugby league team - complete with its 15 Aboriginal and two white players.

The man at the centre of the State of Origin racism storm coached the team to keep his word following the death of one of the club's players.

The timing of the session reeks of a publicity stunt to counter public condemnation of Johns' disgraceful remarks in the Blues camp last week, which led to an offended Timana Tahu walking out.

But it can be revealed Johns' links to the club long pre-dated last week's scandal. Christopher Lyons, an indigenous rugby league player, died in a trial game earlier this year.

Johns was so moved when he heard of the player's death that he rang the team's coach, Troy Rugless, back in April to offer support.

"Put me down for a fundraiser or I'll help out with some coaching," Johns told the coach at the time.

When the furore erupted over the Tahu affair, Rugless contacted Johns and asked, since he would not be in Brisbane, whether he would come to La Perouse.

So instead of being at Ballymore to put the Blues through their final session for tonight's Origin blockbuster, Johns turned up at Yarra Oval, near the shores of Botany Bay last night.

No television cameras, no radio stations, no sign of his agent John Fordham. No quotes, no set-up photos. We took our pictures from a distance.

The Daily Telegraph discovered Johns' secret engagement via a tip-off from a Souths junior rugby league source.

When approached, all Johns would say is: "Look, I've only got myself to blame for being here and not in Brisbane but I'm glad to be helping the boys out."

He trained the A-grade side for about an hour, taking them through passing and running skills.

He signed autographs for the young Aboriginals from the under-15's who had trained beforehand.

Rugless, who is part Aboriginal himself, said the players were honoured to have the dumped Blues assistant coach at training, despite his comments at a team bonding session that led to his standing down from the Blues.

"What happened with the NSW team was obviously very regrettable," Rugless said last night.

"People get pumped up in rugby league and say things like 'go and smash that red-headed bastard' and stuff like that.

"I can tell you Joey admires black people. He's having a lot of fun tonight and the boys really appreciate having him here.

"When that tsunami hit years ago, he arranged the big fundraiser with Wendell Sailor, Roy Asotasi and Nigel Vagana.

"I know he visits a correction centre all the time. He took Jarryd Hayne last time. They had a really inspirational impact on the detainees.

"When Christopher Lyons passed Joey was one of the first on the phone. We all really appreciate it."

Channel 9 boss David Gyngell last night confirmed the station would be standing by Johns. "We've accepted his apology and we'll get him to come back when he's ready," Gyngell said.

"Joey's not a racist - he likes all people.

"All of us need to let him know we're disappointed and then get on with it."

Johns has been suspended from his position as a Daily Telegraph columnist over his racist remarks made in the Blues camp.

"The Daily Telegraph abhors racism of any form," The Daily Telegraph editor Garry Linnell said.

"As a result we have suspended Andrew Johns from his association with the paper. His position is under review."

While obvious publicity stunt is OBVIOUS,Read the highlight part and tell me how thats different?
Redheads recieve more percecution than dark skinned people these days as it is

I doubt Fatty would have left origin if he overheard "Smash that redheaded C***" about "Insert redhead NSW player of the 80s"
as he isnt a coward and its not like Joey said it in a public forum as Akermanis did about homosexuals in AFL (Comparison is on Joey and Aker ONLY)

Blown out of preportion and taken out of context by a COWARD named Tahu who probably wanted to play for Parramatta given
theyre ladder position,Black people need no pity,theyre lima lima lima duck equal if not stronger (Physically) than white people and reportedly
have bigger wangs,stop treating them like lessers ffs,treating them differently even in a favourable manner is a bigger form of racism
than what Joey did in a CLOSED ENVIRONMENT!!!

But i know GI is your guy and all and i get that,just realise he wasnt villifying him,he may have said it because Inglis is insanely destructive
around opposition defensive lines,in CENTRE and he was talking to a CENTRE who was marking the opposing teams CENTRE,go to a junior
game and youll hear idiot bogan parents (mothers more often than not screaming "Rip that ****** C****s Head off!) scream MUCH MUCH worse in PUBLIC
which makes Joeys cataclismically scaled disaster look like nothing more than a butterflys wings flapping on the other side of the world
Phil "Gus" Gould

Desmond "Sorry" Hasler