Storm papers should be available: judge

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
waveydavey
Squall
Squall

Are the NRL for real (hypothetical question)?  They need time to locate the papers regarding the decision making process surrounding the penalties!!  Delaying tactics or NFI?  Or the third option, both!!!

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/nrl/s ... 5877591946

A JUDGE said he would be "staggered" if the NRL could not quickly produce key documents relating to salary cap penalties imposed on the Melbourne Storm.

Lawyers for the Storm's four independent directors are seeking a Victorian Supreme Court injunction to restrain the NRL from imposing salary cap breach penalties, which included stripping the club of their 2007 and 2009 premiership and preventing them earning competition points this season.

They argue the penalties announced on April 21 are in breach of NRL rules and the decision-making process in imposing them was not fair.

The case returned to court on Wednesday as the parties prepare for a likely August hearing.

NRL barrister Michael Colbran told the court he needed time to locate documents requested by the Storm about the decision-making process surrounding the penalties.

Justice Tony Pagone said most of the documents should be at "the fingertips" of the NRL.

He said he would be "staggered" given the recent investigation, if the documents were not readily available.

Barrister Pat Zappia said the directors wanted access to documents detailing the timing of the press conference to announce the penalties.

He said the timing could represent evidence of pre-judgment of the penalty.

Justice Pagone urged the parties to quickly prepare their cases or risk missing the August hearing date.

"There are people knocking on the door who want this date," he said.

An August hearing would likely see the matter resolved before the NRL finals series which begins on September 10.

The matter will return to court for a further case conference on June 17.
Michael :P
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

waveydavey wrote: Are the NRL for real (hypothetical question)?  They need time to locate the papers regarding the decision making process surrounding the penalties!!  Delaying tactics or NFI?  Or the third option, both!!!

A JUDGE said he would be "staggered" if the NRL could not quickly produce key documents relating to salary cap penalties imposed on the Melbourne Storm.

Lawyers for the Storm's four independent directors are seeking a Victorian Supreme Court injunction to restrain the NRL from imposing salary cap breach penalties, which included stripping the club of their 2007 and 2009 premiership and preventing them earning competition points this season.

They argue the penalties announced on April 21 are in breach of NRL rules and the decision-making process in imposing them was not fair.

The case returned to court on Wednesday as the parties prepare for a likely August hearing.

NRL barrister Michael Colbran told the court he needed time to locate documents requested by the Storm about the decision-making process surrounding the penalties.

Justice Tony Pagone said most of the documents should be at "the fingertips" of the NRL.

He said he would be "staggered" given the recent investigation, if the documents were not readily available.

Barrister Pat Zappia said the directors wanted access to documents detailing the timing of the press conference to announce the penalties.

Justice Pagone urged the parties to quickly prepare their cases or risk missing the August hearing date.

An August hearing would likely see the matter resolved before the NRL finals series which begins on September 10.

I read that sentence and dont know whether to laugh or cry. What an absolute bunch of incompatent morons.
absentee
Monsoon
Monsoon

Hasn't the NRL ever seen an episode of Judge Judy?  If you can't bring evidence to court that is important for your case then you don't have any proof.
You had me at meat tornado.
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Noa Nadruku wrote:
waveydavey wrote: Are the NRL for real (hypothetical question)?  They need time to locate the papers regarding the decision making process surrounding the penalties!!  Delaying tactics or NFI?  Or the third option, both!!!

I read that sentence and dont know whether to laugh or cry. What an absolute bunch of incompatent morons.
My thoughts exactly. With incompetence like this it's no wonder rugby league is under seige in it's heartland and considered a laughing stock by the rest of Australia!
[color=#400040]Melbourne Storm 2011:[/color] take your time, try not to forget, pay no mind to us... [color=#400080]WE'RE JUST A MINOR THREAT![/color]
The Mauritian
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Have the NRL hired Dennis Denuto?  Its the vibe.  They really are a badly run organisation.
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I just had a thought; Waldron has said he's prepared to speak under oath. I reckon either the NRL/News or the 4 rogue directors will pull a rabbit out of their hats and call him to give evidence...
[color=#400040]Melbourne Storm 2011:[/color] take your time, try not to forget, pay no mind to us... [color=#400080]WE'RE JUST A MINOR THREAT![/color]
StormFront
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

More like needs time to cover their tracks and head to the shredder machine.....

All just b/s and delaying as to not resolve the case prior to the finals starting.....

If thats the case then the Judge should rule that no penalties are standing
until after the case is heard... then we can play for points and win the dam
thing - if after the case when ever that may be - if the judge rules in the NRL
favor then we hand back 2010 along with 2007 and 2009.... but we all know
that is never going to happen...........

So much for wanting to resolve this issue quickly and in the best interest of the NRL
Lets Party Like Its 1999....
The Storm 1999, 2007, 2009, 2011

StormFront......
absentee
Monsoon
Monsoon

StormFront wrote:So much for wanting to resolve this issue quickly and in the best interest of the NRL
The way things have been handled isn't in the best interests of anyone.

Why am I not surprised?
You had me at meat tornado.
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Absolutely PATHETIC effort by the NRL.

If it is physically possible...they now have less than ZERO credibility
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
mystormboys
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

It's all getting too much for me - I need a hug
Woody
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

mystormboys wrote: It's all getting too much for me - I need a hug
That`s funny. I`ve been feeling a bit that way myself for a while. The more I read about some of the crap going on with all of this the more dispirited I get with it all. Probably my fault for reading it all I suppose. I can`t wait for this crap to be resolved so we can get on with sticking it up them all again
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Back in court today for another Court conference.

Wonder whether David Ballsup's Travelling Freak Show will actually have any papers with them that they actually need to conduct a discussion with Justice Tony Pagone or whether they will say again that they "can't quite lay their hands on the material".

Hopefully the Supreme Court finds Ballsup in contempt of Court and locks him up for 12 weeks.

Maybe the competition might actually run smoothly while he's eating porridge.
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
Michael :P
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

He's been very quiet lately has Gallop and hearing him talk he sounds stressed, something is on his mind
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Just looking at recent things like how long it took david ballsup to respond to the racism row, is it just me or does it seem that the only time that he actually made a decisive move was when he came down on us?

Selective punishment perhaps??
My wife and I welcome our new daughter Arwynn into the world
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Selective punishment perhaps??
Financial incentive from above perhaps  ;-)
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields