Waldron has explosive tell-all book in works

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
billythekidslater
Squall
Squall

Will you get an autographed copy?

http://www.smh.com.au/sport/parra-set-s ... -wmdx.html

Waldron has explosive tell-all book in works

BRIAN WALDRON is in the process of penning a tell-all autobiography that will lift the lid on the Melbourne salary-cap saga. In what promises to be one of the most explosive Australian sporting books ever published, the former Storm boss is expected to name and shame all of those who were privy to the dodgy deals that took place at the disgraced club. The Last Word has been told that some of league's biggest powerbrokers should be very nervous about the the revelations. It's understood that dealings with players, managers and officials will be laid bare. Waldron has kept a low profile since the Storm rorting scandal broke but is set to come good on his promise to ''tell everything I know'' when the tome hits book-stands. We're tipping News Ltd will also be nervous about the revelations. In his only interview on the Storm saga, Waldron told Fairfax last month: ''I am … prepared to give the entire background to Rupert Murdoch so that he has a full understanding of how his company has managed a $66 million investment in the Melbourne Storm since its inception.'' Sounds like nitroglycerine.
stormmaster
Squall
Squall

Welcome back billythekidslater, where have you been mate we missed you the last week.  It wasn't school holidays was it?
jellyhead
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

He should be made to tell all to the investigators.  There's no way I'll be lining his lima lima lima duck pockets to read a biased account!!  :x
StormFront
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

All monies should be frozen by Storm or lawyers - profits from criminal action in my view.
Pay back Storm the money we have lost, fines we have had to pay and the cost of the legal action...

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Lets Party Like Its 1999....
The Storm 1999, 2007, 2009, 2011

StormFront......
stormsally
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

We wont need to buy the book, it will be in all the papers.  I would be prepared to go into a class action to sue the pants off him - he shouldn't be able to make a dime. 

He doesn't have to speak to the NRL investigators - since he isn't a part of the NRL and they have no power to make him.  Maybe those speaking of a Royal Commission (similar to Soccer Australia) will get some credibility if he does in fact incriminate others.
We live to play, we play to win, We try and try, we won’t say die, we won’t give in
The Eagle
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

StormFront wrote: All monies should be frozen by Storm or lawyers - profits from criminal action in my view.
Pay back Storm the money we have lost, fines we have had to pay and the cost of the legal action...

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Thats the best post ive read in a while,id buy it if profits went to storm....reason being i want my enemies powerful so when we beat you its worth cheering over
"Absolutely trained to the minute"
Phil "Gus" Gould

"I will personally pay for those to touchies to go and visit OPSM for a checkup,id thought we'd reverted to gridiron for a moment there"

Desmond "Sorry" Hasler
simo
Monsoon
Monsoon

haha.. Couldnt really care less what he has to say.. If he names more Storm ppl.. who cares..
damage has been done.. its all done and dusted really..

He's probally just making a last attempt to make some money.. as he'd never be able to get another job again.
Freshy
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Waldron is doing this because of his integrity. It's the only thing he has left even if its minimal. He's going to name not only people from Storm, but his knowledge of other NRL clubs and even the NRL itself. Everyone makes him out to be THE "chief rat" but just wait. The rort I believe goes alot deeper then Waldron and hes been used as the scapegoat.
CaptainKlutz
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

I'd have thought it'd be a must read???
[b]Making movies, signing songs and fight'n round the world.[/b]

Dose chess dip Err?
noa nandruku
Squall
Squall

Not sure if its been mentioned but I wonder if Rob Moodie had a "private" convo with Waldron before he decided to go ahead with the court-case.
CooperCronk
Monsoon
Monsoon

Freshy wrote: Waldron is doing this because of his integrity. It's the only thing he has left even if its minimal. He's going to name not only people from Storm, but his knowledge of other NRL clubs and even the NRL itself. Everyone makes him out to be THE "chief rat" but just wait. The rort I believe goes alot deeper then Waldron and hes been used as the scapegoat.
That's what I think also.
Play the ball
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Part of me doesn't want to go near the book so not to contibute to Waldron making some money on this,

And the other part wants to read it because it could be bloody interesting to see what really went on behind the scenes.
Go the Allblacks, Richmond , and the mighty Storm
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Don't think we'll ever know what REALLY went on  ??? Everyone's story will be coloured to make them look 'nicer'.
Personally I rate almost everyone involved in NRL admin positions as lower on the honesty scale than used car salesman & Player agents are hanging by a fingernail next to that.
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Freshy wrote: Waldron is doing this because of his integrity. It's the only thing he has left even if its minimal. He's going to name not only people from Storm, but his knowledge of other NRL clubs and even the NRL itself. Everyone makes him out to be THE "chief rat" but just wait. The rort I believe goes alot deeper then Waldro.and hes been used as the scapegoat.
Wrong; Waldron is writing this for the sake of his EGO, which is NOT and NEVER HAS BEEN minimal, not his integrity. There's a BIG difference.

The rest of your post I am in total agreement with however. I've always been convinced cheating is going on at other clubs and I reckon Waldron is privy to it as he was held in pretty high regard by Searle, Cullen etc. Who knows what information that  mob shared with each other.

The irony is that anything he might say could potentially help us build a case to have the trophies reinstated...
[color=#400040]Melbourne Storm 2011:[/color] take your time, try not to forget, pay no mind to us... [color=#400080]WE'RE JUST A MINOR THREAT![/color]
Freshy
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Bourbon Rat wrote: Don't think we'll ever know what REALLY went on  ??? Everyone's story will be coloured to make them look 'nicer'.
Personally I rate almost everyone involved in NRL admin positions as lower on the honesty scale than used car salesman & Player agents are hanging by a fingernail next to that.
Hey! I resent that haha, im in currently doing a course to be one  :P