GI to the roosters?

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Monsoon
Monsoon

been hearing rumours left right and centre today that GI has penned a 3 year deal with the chooks, i heard it from afew questionable sources but it is now starting to do the rounds on the LU forum etc (i know still questionable lol), anyone heard this one? i personally cant see it happening, although they do have O'sullivan who shares a close bond with greg..
Michael :P
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Id doubt it, couldnt see Inglis liking Sydney too much and the POS connection is an easy one to make
The Eagle
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

exactly how are they under the cap as it is?
"Absolutely trained to the minute"
Phil "Gus" Gould

"I will personally pay for those to touchies to go and visit OPSM for a checkup,id thought we'd reverted to gridiron for a moment there"

Desmond "Sorry" Hasler
Monsoon
Monsoon

the roosters have ex player and chief auditor ian schubert in thier corner, anythings possible, they used to be known as the creative accountants lol
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

1999 wrote: the roosters have ex player and chief auditor ian schubert in thier corner, anythings possible, they used to be known as the creative accountants lol
The original bag man  ;-)
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
The Eagle
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Mmmm but with theyre usual off season signings he'll be signed there in every news paper
and in every other it will be suggested even Manlys after him,we've been after every off
contract player in the last 40 *lima lima lima duck* years according to the papers
"Absolutely trained to the minute"
Phil "Gus" Gould

"I will personally pay for those to touchies to go and visit OPSM for a checkup,id thought we'd reverted to gridiron for a moment there"

Desmond "Sorry" Hasler
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Sorry just can't see this one happening.

Maybe your sources are just having a laugh at your expense....why not...we are still fair game at the mo.

GI came out only 3 weeks ago saying how much he loved Storm and wanted to stay....HE said how much he owed the club.

To say that within 3 weeks he is signed sealed and delivered to the chooks would be bizzare to say the least.
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
absentee
Monsoon
Monsoon

I'd be very, very surprised if this is true.
You had me at meat tornado.
Monsoon
Monsoon

vossy just said on the footy show white could be off to the warriors, hmmm you'd think if we lost GI, tolman, white, finch and lima we'd be under the cap for sure, maybe the decisions have already been made?

with no new signings for 2011

1. Billy Slater
2. Matt "Duffman" Duffie
3. Chase Stanley
4. Dane Nielsen
5. Anthony Quinn
6. Gareth Whiddop
7. Cooper Cronk
8. Adam Blair
9. Cameron Smith (c)
10. Sika Manu
11. Kevin Proctor 
12. Ryan Hoffman
13. Ryan Hinchcliffe

14. Rory Kostjasyn
15. Todd Lowrie
16. Bryan Norrie
17. Ryan Tandy

Not bad, still very competitive IMO.
Monsoon
Monsoon

i dont wanna lose anyone  :icon_frown: especially GI, as i said i heard a rumour and wanted to know if anyone else had heard it, i want him to stay, i want them all to stay!
CooperCronk
Monsoon
Monsoon

1999 wrote: i dont wanna lose anyone  :icon_frown: especially GI, as i said i heard a rumour and wanted to know if anyone else had heard it, i want him to stay, i want them all to stay!
I feel the same, and as you said, especially Greg. 

Sounds like every nrl club are after a Storm player in this crazy year.
hitman82
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

CooperCronk wrote:
1999 wrote: i dont wanna lose anyone  :icon_frown: especially GI, as i said i heard a rumour and wanted to know if anyone else had heard it, i want him to stay, i want them all to stay!
I feel the same, and as you said, especially Greg. 

Sounds like every nrl club are after a Storm player in this crazy year.
To be expected when you have a large collection of the best players in the world and suddenly their contracts look weak  ;-)
jjai
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

The Eagle wrote: Mmmm but with theyre usual off season signings he'll be signed there in every news paper
and in every other it will be suggested even Manlys after him,we've been after every off
contract player in the last 40 *lima lima lima duck* years according to the papers
i dont know eagle he would be an asset for us, i wish we were chasing him now that we have released matai..

maybe a roosters are smarter than the storm in that they  DONT RECORD ANY ILLEGAL  DEALINGS IN A BOOK!!!!!!
DEADSET why would you record illegal dealings down ,its not like they can take the player to court if he renegs on the deal ..they would expose themselves then also..
stormsally
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

They didn't actually have two sets of books, they had two contracts, one for the player and one for the NRL.
We live to play, we play to win, We try and try, we won’t say die, we won’t give in
Hailstorm
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Seriously doubt this rumour. Our players haven't been given permission to negotiate with
other clubs so if other clubs are off negotiating without permission then they open themselves
up to penalties from the NRL.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,865 ... 66,00.html

Though I guess the article does insinuate things have been happening behind closed doors.