Storm vs Raiders - SPOILERS

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
absentee
Monsoon
Monsoon

Seeing Inglis slide across the field face first in slow motion was the funniest thing.  I thought he'd never stop.
You had me at meat tornado.
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

Campese, Furner and the raiders crowd all crying about the ref.

Campese needs to learn to keep his mouth shut; Harrigan would have binned him within 20 minutes.
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
Tigger
Site Slave
Site Slave

absentee wrote: Seeing Inglis slide across the field face first in slow motion was the funniest thing.  I thought he'd never stop.
I just said that to my daughter  :lol:
Did anyone else think he had a Braveheart moment after that try with the paint on his face??  ;-) ;D

On Campese - he's one of the worst captains I've seen! Isn't he the one who's supposed to be controlling his players and not being a hot-head? Reminds me of Wayne Campbell from Richmond a few years ago....
When I want your opinion - I'll give it to you!
tugga
Monsoon
Monsoon

Tigger wrote:
absentee wrote: Seeing Inglis slide across the field face first in slow motion was the funniest thing.  I thought he'd never stop.
Did anyone else think he had a Braveheart moment after that try with the paint on his face??  ;-) ;D

On Campese - he's one of the worst captains I've seen! Isn't he the one who's supposed to be controlling his players and not being a hot-head? Reminds me of Wayne Campbell from Richmond a few years ago....
lol
From one Tiger to another...at least Campese has balls. ;-)
2012 premiers. Legit.
Cowbell-Mark
Squall
Squall

Great performance, but still can't stop laughing after Inglis' 3rd... :lol:
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Campbell was such a softc&%k......

Oh hang on.....now I think about it.......Campese IS just like him....
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
Tigger
Site Slave
Site Slave

tugga wrote:
Tigger wrote:

lol
Ohhhh another Wayno hater?? He still is such a deeck!  ;D
I just think a captain should keep his own head and be able to control his players, show some restraint, guys who run straight into the fray are NOT captain material. 
When I want your opinion - I'll give it to you!
tugga
Monsoon
Monsoon

Tigger wrote:
tugga wrote:
Tigger wrote: I just said that to my daughter  :lol:

lol
Ohhhh another Wayno hater?? He still is such a deeck!  ;D
I just think a captain should keep his own head and be able to control his players, show some restraint, guys who run straight into the fray are NOT captain material. 
Campese went a tad overboard tonight. He needs to pick his moments. I don't have a problem witha player wanting to fly the flag. Campbell seemed to always fly the rainbow flag (not that there is anything wrong with that).
2012 premiers. Legit.
Super Cronk
Site Manager
Site Manager

Macdougall was poo.

The commentating was worse.
[img]http://img184.imageshack.us/img184/7238/stormef5.gif[/img]

[b]PROUD MELBOURNE STORM SUPPORTER[/b]
absentee
Monsoon
Monsoon

Super Cronk wrote: Macdougall was poo.

It was better than the last Fox Sports game.
tugga
Monsoon
Monsoon

Super Cronk wrote: Macdougall was poo.

Commentating was a disgrace.
2012 premiers. Legit.
JF_Storm_Swans
Squall
Squall

Tigger wrote: Greg Inglis - BEST FACEPLANT EVER!!!  ;-)
I know it hurt him but did anyone find it funny when he landed that he came up looking like he has Aboriginal war paint all over his face.  :P

Am more than happy with that effort. That was a bloody tough game. The forwards were going at it hammer & tongue all game. We were far better with our conversion rate over a Raiders team who kept dropping it at important times. We were lucky with the second try as Inglis did look offside, but I reckon the Dugan try was a knock before he grounded it. (How come the commentators couldn't see it? ???) Easy for us to say that after watching the replay.

Good to see BOTH Whitey & Manu playing in the navy together again as well.

JF

PS:- Does anyone think Adam Blair has an attitude problem at all? He refused to come when the ref called him & was pulling faces after a penalty against him.  ???
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v210/swansbear/mel-premiers09.jpg[/img]
absentee
Monsoon
Monsoon

Adam Blair seems to push things too far too often.  He seems to get away with it more often than not, though - so I don't know.

While on Blair - did Campese have a death wish trying to go him?  Not the kind of guy you'd want to mess with.
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

JF_Storm_Swans wrote: PS:- Does anyone think Adam Blair has an attitude problem at all? He refused to come when the ref called him & was pulling faces after a penalty against him.   ???
He does push the boundaries quite a bit, but seriously that penalty was the fault of Lima, wasn't much Blair could've done about that one.

What I want to know was why we didn't get a penalty when Hoffy was raised above the horizontal and to add insult to injury the Raiders player then gave Hoffy a facial with his forearm!

The Canberra crowd were giving the ref heaps? Did they not notice that the penalty count was very much in their favour, 6 to 2 I think it ended up.
jellyhead
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

absentee wrote: Adam Blair seems to push things too far too often. 
I think he's got an "I don't care" attitude at the moment.  He always had the niggles - hanging on a bit too long in the tackle etc. - but tonight he was a bit over the top with the stupid "naughty boy" face after the ref spoke to him.  Admittedly, I laughed but we're already being seen as arrogant so I'd hate to see him cause more angst with that sort of behaviour.