Proof

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Crooner
Squall
Squall

Proof today that the penalties the storm recieved is done so with some sort of agenda.
Newcastle cheered the cap is 2002, there is statements to prove it, will they be striped of their 2001 premiership.
I doubt they will, but what is the difference?
That is 4 clubs in 8 yeArs " that we know about" the NRL must go! Gallop must go!
Lets make League viable in Melbourne.
StormFront
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Do you have a link to a story??????
Some information we can check out>???
Lets Party Like Its 1999....
The Storm 1999, 2007, 2009, 2011

StormFront......
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

That is damning evidence........the whole NRL competition is a farce if they don't strip other clubs where cheating has now been shown.

Nothing short of a clean sweep of every club could be considered even remotely acceptable.
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
Crooner
Squall
Squall

scriptyx
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

I don't think anything will happen to newcastle..we were alos over the cap by $100,000 - $200,000 in 2001 and 2002 but we were just fined. They will just get a fine as they will say that it has to do with third party payments (same reason we were over in 2001 - 2002) its different to what we did this year guys...we cheated by actually runnig 2 sets of books and paying players illegally. I think some fo those players would have stayed with us even without the extra payments but its what the club did to decieve everyone that is the issue the NRl and NEWs are upset about. Every club has been over 100K - 200K in the last few years. Brissy is over almost every year but they only get a fine becasue all their payments are declared (well the ones we know about anyway) and are usually just a case of which payments need to be included in the cap.

It sucks tho becasue I know other clubs are doing the wrong thing and paying players extra money but without any proof we can't really us ehte what about them approach. If there is any evidence i'm sure its been torn up by now.
Crooner
Squall
Squall

Dont get me wrong, I dont think they will or should do anything.
But this is still Cheeting the cap.

Besides we lost a premiership for being over the cap by just $25K by all reports
Last edited by Crooner on Fri May 14, 2010 11:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jacko
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

Crooner wrote: Proof today that the penalties the storm recieved is done so with some sort of agenda.
Newcastle cheered the cap is 2002, there is statements to prove it, will they be striped of their 2001 premiership.
I doubt they will, but what is the difference?
That is 4 clubs in 8 yeArs " that we know about" the NRL must go! Gallop must go!
Sorry Crooner, but your logic won't hold water. Newcastle won the premiership in 2001 and in that year they weren't over the cap so won the comp fair and square. If they had won in 2002 whilst being over the cap then you may have an argument.

The other key point about the series of cap breaches in the past few years is that they are disagreements between the club and the NRL about how they are counted, such as 3rd party agreements etc. In the Storm case there was deliberate systematic deceit. That is why the Bulldogs were hammered in 2002. Had the Bulldogs won a premiership whilst being over the cap through systematic deceit, they too would have been stripped of their title.

All of this talk of a conspiracy against the Storm is way off the mark. I can assure you that the NRL desperately wants a successful team in Melbourne. Look on the bright side, there is almost no chance of your club folding, whereas as the loveable losers known as the Sharks are almost certain to fold after 43 years and not one premiership.
Hailstorm
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Tell me if I am wrong but from my understanding the point of the article is the Knights payments were "bogus."

From the article, "Now Newton, who was financial controller of the Knights for a year from March 2002, claims the
supposed grand final payment was a "phantom" one, and used as a way for the club to hide that it breached the
salary cap by $200,000 in 2002."

Whilst the Knights may not have officially been over the cap in 2001 how is this "rort" much different to the
situation the NRL claim the Storm is in? Yes, yes I know the Storm kept a second set of books but surely a
rort is a rort is it not? We're told the Storm illegally "assembled" (be it "retained") the team by rorting the
salary cap so how is this much different? Did the Knights not then illegally assemble (or retain) a team that
won a grand final?

Furthermore, if Storm were over the cap in 2007 by $100k-$200k (or whatever), why should they lose the
Premiership from that year when other teams who have won Grand Finals were found to be over the cap
by similar amounts when they won their premierships? As I said, a rort is a rort is it not? I do not condone
what the Storm did but it still all smells of double standards to me.
stormmaster
Squall
Squall

Gallop has already said there was not two sets of books, he was just making a figure of speech.  That figure of speech hurt our reputation more.  This man has had issues with us since waldron and bellamy re: Cam smith miss grandfinal saga.  The NON two sets of books was not all over the news because reporters in Sydney are homos(as Jonah would say)
absentee
Monsoon
Monsoon

stormmaster wrote: Gallop has already said there was not two sets of books, he was just making a figure of speech.
Source?  I'd like to see this.
You had me at meat tornado.
The Eagle
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

The source is either SMH or Doily terrorgraph,im not sure which but he originally said
"What can be convieniently be called a second set of books" and that was his part
of his original press conference on this whole farce

Newcastle according to that article only were over 200k for 2002,under or on in 2001
"Absolutely trained to the minute"
Phil "Gus" Gould

"I will personally pay for those to touchies to go and visit OPSM for a checkup,id thought we'd reverted to gridiron for a moment there"

Desmond "Sorry" Hasler
stormmaster
Squall
Squall

absentee wrote:
stormmaster wrote: Gallop has already said there was not two sets of books, he was just making a figure of speech.
Source?  I'd like to see this.
I saw it on a news video online about a week ago maybe foxsports or sky news I cant remember but I never heard about it again.
CooperCronk
Monsoon
Monsoon

So now everyone in Australia thinks we kept 2 sets of books....because I took it as such and its plastered all over the net and the  media ran with it.

Can someone clarify this?
steaming stormer
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

If there's no second set of books, this whole case changes massively!!!
Storming our way to glory!

[img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a173/hocko123/makybebanner.jpg[/img]
The Eagle
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

sadly for you guys this wont end till atleast origin III is over...
"Absolutely trained to the minute"
Phil "Gus" Gould

"I will personally pay for those to touchies to go and visit OPSM for a checkup,id thought we'd reverted to gridiron for a moment there"

Desmond "Sorry" Hasler