Leaving Early

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

As with Tigger, i've never once said anything to anyone who upped and left early and i never would or will. Of course it's their prerogative to do what they want to do but that's not to say i still don't think it's a pretty weak effort to up and leave for the sole reason we're getting done. I'm sure some will disagree with that which is fair enough but that's just how i see it.
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I have been trying to educate my daughter (now 14) for a number of years about this very issue.

She has been taught that in order to rejoice in victory and enjoy the sweet  taste of success......then you also have to be prepared to sit resolutely through the difficult times which includes loses.

IMHO....it is only by experiencing the pain of defeat that we can truely call ourselves "supporters" in every sense of the word and enjoy the good times associated with winning.

Sure...anyone can just take the winning part if they like....but I reckon that there is always a "gap" in the human psychi when a person runs away from adversity and only revels in victory.

I have a mate who goes to Storm games with me ...he is also a Richmond "supporter". He regularly leaves Richmond games at 1/2...3/4 time.

I told him my theory on staying until the end. He reckons that if the players are playing shit and have given up ...then why shouldn't the "supporters" just go home. I told him that he has spent too long watching Richmond cos that is one *LIMA LIMA LIMA DUCK*ing bad attitude.

Just my opinion
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
minichick
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

Posted by: Storm Spirit
Insert Quote

I have been trying to educate my daughter (now 14) for a number of years about this very issue.

She has been taught that in order to rejoice in victory and enjoy the sweet  taste of success......then you also have to be prepared to sit resolutely through the difficult times which includes loses.

IMHO....it is only by experiencing the pain of defeat that we can truely call ourselves "supporters" in every sense of the word and enjoy the good times associated with winning.

Sure...anyone can just take the winning part if they like....but I reckon that there is always a "gap" in the human psychi when a person runs away from adversity and only revels in victory.

I have a mate who goes to Storm games with me ...he is also a Richmond "supporter". He regularly leaves Richmond games at 1/2...3/4 time.

I told him my theory on staying until the end. He reckons that if the players are playing shit and have given up ...then why shouldn't the "supporters" just go home. I told him that he has spent too long watching Richmond cos that is one *LIMA LIMA LIMA DUCK*ing bad attitude.

Just my opinion

Great post, think you've got something there - and I love how you're trying to teach it to your daughter as well. Now I just need to remember and teach my little bloke too.
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

minichick wrote: Posted by: Storm Spirit
Insert Quote

Just my opinion

Great post, think you've got something there - and I love how you're trying to teach it to your daughter as well. Now I just need to remember and teach my little bloke too.
Molly leaves Saints games at half time if the Storm are playing on the same night.

I remember talking to a man and a woman at Origin and 2006 and they got up with 15 minutes to go. When I asked them why they were leaving they said "we've seen enough" and I said "Don't leave. The last 10 to 15 minutes is what makes Origin so great". Silly twats didn't take my advice and look how that game turned out. One of the greatest endings in Origin history!
[color=#400040]Melbourne Storm 2011:[/color] take your time, try not to forget, pay no mind to us... [color=#400080]WE'RE JUST A MINOR THREAT![/color]