Betting called of for Titans?

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Chip
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

True?
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
Play the ball
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Proof?
Go the Allblacks, Richmond , and the mighty Storm
Chip
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

It was in the sunday papers here in NZ - tipped to be the next club under investigation for being over the cap.  Have to say I haven't read the whole article as yet though
estormboy
Squall
Squall

This is what I've found in the SMH on this

http://m.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league ... -ukuv.html

Agency suspends futures betting following Gold Coast 'rumblings'
ADRIAN PROSZENKO May 09, 2010

A betting agency has suspended wagering on its NRL futures markets amid fears that the Gold Coast could be the next club implicated in a salary cap scandal.
Sportsbet.com.au suspended its premiership market at 10:11am yesterday following ''rumblings'' that Melbourne might not be the only team docked points this season for breaches of the cap. The agency's chief executive, Matthew Tripp, said he had taken the extraordinary step to ''protect'' his clients.
"We happily returned almost $100k [$100,000] to clients who had backed the Melbourne Storm, and would like to avoid a similar situation if there is any validity in the rumblings,'' Tripp said. ''We are trying to provide the best service we can to our customers and it would be ideal if we had a better exchange of information from the NRL as we pay them a product fee and sponsored the Storm last year.
"I would like to work with the NRL to ensure that we have a mechanism in place to protect fans in the future.
''The fairest way is to treat any disqualified team as a late scratching and apply a deduction to the remaining teams, similar to what is done at the races."
Before the shutdown, the agency had the Titans listed as a $9 chance to win the grand final, behind only St George Illawarra ($3.50), Parramatta ($6) and Manly ($6.25). Other futures markets, including the top four and the top eight, were suspended. Spoon betting had not reopened following the Storm scandal.
Another bookmaker, Sportingbet Australia, inadvertently broke the Melbourne salary cap story when it was stung by a series of bets on the Storm to win the spoon on April 22. Later that afternoon, the NRL imposed unprecedented sanctions - including the stripping of two premierships - on the club.
Rumours have been circling this week that the Gold Coast could be the next club stripped of points for breaches. However, the NRL stated there were no new developments after the league cleared the Titans last month over claims by builder Alex Simpson that captain Scott Prince was provided a house free of charge.
The ABC's Four Corners program is preparing an episode on corruption and salary cap rorting in rugby league. It is believed that journalist Sarah Ferguson has interviewed Simpson as part of its investigation. However, the ABC would not give details, including the expected airing date.
Gold Coast boss Michael Searle rubbished the fresh rorting rumours and insisted that all of his club's dealings were above board.
''There is not even an ounce of truth to it,'' Searle said. ''If a bookmaker finds out about a potential salary cap investigation before the NRL or a club does, then we've got some serious issues in our game.''
He added: ''Titansbet hasn't suspended betting. If people want to get a bet on, they are welcome to do so there.''

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Since light travels faster than sound, people appear bright until you hear them speak"  Anon
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

The floodgates might have opened with Melbourne but the water has finally flowed to Robina... let's see what kind of punishment gets dished out to them.
[color=#400040]Melbourne Storm 2011:[/color] take your time, try not to forget, pay no mind to us... [color=#400080]WE'RE JUST A MINOR THREAT![/color]
estormboy
Squall
Squall

LESStar58 wrote: The floodgates might have opened with Melbourne but the water has finally flowed to Robina... let's see what kind of punishment gets dished out to them.
I agree ... But let's be realistic!  Hell will have to have frozen over before the NRL will investigate the Titans again!  The Storm rorting the cap is one thing, but the new kid on the block - it would rock the code to the core.

Again, if the Titans are found to be rorting the cap, it'll be swept under the carpet for all the carnage it will cause  :x
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Since light travels faster than sound, people appear bright until you hear them speak"  Anon
The Eagle
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Depending on the nature of the cap breach (Some clubs consistantly break it by a minimal amount and cop fines)
If its anywhere near the reported breach of the storm this and last year theyd have to play for no points
Giving the titans the spoon because theyll have less for and against
"Absolutely trained to the minute"
Phil "Gus" Gould

"I will personally pay for those to touchies to go and visit OPSM for a checkup,id thought we'd reverted to gridiron for a moment there"

Desmond "Sorry" Hasler
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

I agree.  Nothing will happen to the Titans.  There will be other teams over the cap this year.  All announced after the eand of the season.  They will all get fines and say it was a honest mistake.

After reading and listening to everything I can get on this "Stormgate" over the past few weeks, I have come to the concuslon that the media only tell us what they want us to know.  They also are very good at giving their opinon on things and making us think that it is fact, when it a lot of the time it is actually rubbish.
The Eagle
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

glennb wrote: I agree.  Nothing will happen to the Titans.  There will be other teams over the cap this year.  All announced after the eand of the season.  They will all get fines and say it was a honest mistake.

After reading and listening to everything I can get on this "Stormgate" over the past few weeks, I have come to the concuslon that the media only tell us what they want us to know.  They also are very good at giving their opinon on things and making us think that it is fact, when it a lot of the time it is actually rubbish.
Thats why they say "reportedly",it indicates its absolute bullshit and not fact
Phil "Gus" Gould

"I will personally pay for those to touchies to go and visit OPSM for a checkup,id thought we'd reverted to gridiron for a moment there"

Desmond "Sorry" Hasler
jellyhead
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

From another forum -
Rumours getting stronger. Rumour now of a police investigation into the personal dealings of club $$$ by Michael Searle.
AHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA.  Once a tool, always a tool.
Temi
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Grrr. Even if they've been rorting the system to the extent of the Storm administration, they'll still get a slap on the wrist - simply because it's too damaging to have more than one team caught under their noses!

The blatant hypocrisy and favouritism of the NRL administration really pisses me off!!!!!!
The Eagle
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Temi wrote: Grrr. Even if they've been rorting the system to the extent of the Storm administration, they'll still get a slap on the wrist - simply because it's too damaging to have more than one team caught under their noses!

The blatant hypocrisy and favouritism of the NRL administration really pisses me off!!!!!!
Sorta like how Brett Stewart got railroaded by Gallop and Inglis got treated like a kid who'd spilt his milk?
Inglis pretty much admitted his crime,Stewart is pleading innocence and in this country your innocent till proven otherwise
Phil "Gus" Gould

Desmond "Sorry" Hasler
Temi
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

The Eagle wrote:
Temi wrote: Grrr. Even if they've been rorting the system to the extent of the Storm administration, they'll still get a slap on the wrist - simply because it's too damaging to have more than one team caught under their noses!

Sorta like how Brett Stewart got railroaded by Gallop and Inglis got treated like a kid who'd spilt his milk?
Inglis pretty much admitted his crime,Stewart is pleading innocence and in this country your innocent till proven otherwise
When did Inglis admit his crime? His whole defence was that there were mitigating circumstances...

Having said that, I can't remember what Gallop did to Stewart and Inglis exactly... they were both stood down for a few games from memory, I presume Stewart was suspended for longer?
The Eagle
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

i meant to write "crime",GI 2 weeks,BS 4 weeks
Phil "Gus" Gould

Desmond "Sorry" Hasler