Rugby League Week Magazine

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
absentee
Monsoon
Monsoon

Am I the only one who's starting to get really sick of hearing the word "rort"?  It sounds like it's a made up word.
You had me at meat tornado.
BIG JIM
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

And Storm will be using this word BOUNCEBACKABILITY  ;D

1. The ability to 'bounce back' usually implying a fighting spirit.
2. The ability to come from a losing position and win
Last edited by BIG JIM on Fri Apr 30, 2010 11:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
StormFront
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

It is going to get worse before it gets better....

Many rumors will be flying around.. some true,
some not so true, some just utter BS.

Numbers and figures should not be released until they
have all the facts and can account for the so called monies.

The way the salary cap works is very murky with some things
or and some things not - so lets just wait till the end and deal
with the facts. Which I have no doubt will not be easy.

P.S. Am very surprised and disappointed by what has been
said about MGs article being so anti-Storm
Lets Party Like Its 1999....
The Storm 1999, 2007, 2009, 2011

StormFront......
BIG JIM
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Your suprised at his comments or ours for pointing out he is a silly Marijuana Smoking pot head.Can you beleive he was awarded Australia Sports Medal for his contribution to Australia's international standing in rugby league.He spent more time on the sideline than on the pitch
Tigger
Site Slave
Site Slave

BIG JIM wrote: Your suprised at his comments or ours for pointing out he is a silly Marijuana Smoking pot head.Can you beleive he was awarded Australia Sports Medal for his contribution to Australia's international standing in rugby league.He spent more time on the sideline than on the pitch
I'm not surprised with anything the stupid nuff nuff does or says (he did, after all, plant a big kiss on my hubby one night.....) but was asked by someone close to him (and us) to check out the article.
I'd like to know what his beef is with our club, is he jealous of his brothers success with his 'other' family?  Maybe I'll send RLW an email to that effect - feel free to join me  ;-)
When I want your opinion - I'll give it to you!
StormFront
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

BIG JIM wrote: Your suprised at his comments or ours for pointing out he is a silly Marijuana Smoking pot head.Can you beleive he was awarded Australia Sports Medal for his contribution to Australia's international standing in rugby league.He spent more time on the sideline than on the pitch
Surprised that he was so against Storm.... I have not read the article though
can only go on what has been said on here. :(

Maybe Tigger is onto something there .... jealous of his brothers success and
continued support and friendship within the Storm group. Wonder how he
feels about the article?
Lets Party Like Its 1999....
The Storm 1999, 2007, 2009, 2011

StormFront......
BIG JIM
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Was it because he only won 1 Premiership  to his Brothers 2,and that Storm did not want him because he was a liability and a BIG LIABILITY AT THAT
Joe_Storm_FB_2025
Squall
Squall

Mark Geyers job is to be popular and rellavant to his audiance. ..... IN NSW.
[quote="billythekidslater"]
Yeah I am a troll. [/quote]
Tempest
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

StormFront wrote: Numbers and figures should not be released until they have all the facts and can account for the so called monies.
I still find it very suspicious that the first thing Gallop says about this 'discovering more money' is to shore up not just his general position but the single most criticised part of that position, ie the playing for no points.

I think this 'new finding' is a load of bullshit.
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

The more they dig the more they will find,because ALL,(and I'm talking about the entire NRL player group here) player contracts are now structured to be 'back ended'.This means that players get some of their salary package WHEN THEY LEAVE,or If something happens to shorten the length of their contract.
As with Cam Smith - The Foxtel contract was not with Storm.It became a problem because they said they would cover any loss IF he lost the job,so Storm didn't pay him $100,000 over the amount on his contract - They promised to cover a loss ?
That's a VERY grey area.Wonder how many other grey areas have be counted as HARD DOLLARS over the?
And the NRL still maintains that there isn't a problem with how the cap is structured,maintained & policed  #-o ](*,)
Are the contracts of ALL the players under the various player agents involved being investigated ?
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

I'd believe that as Peanut Brain Hadley got an Order of Australia for his (dis)service to rugby league.
one-eyed
Squall
Squall

I thought MG was a good bloke, but i guess sibling rivalry got the better of him, can't hack it his brother is twice the player he was, so nothing better than bag the club Boofa played for
Michael :P
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Besides having less spark then a wet lighter MG has been dirty ever since Matt only got 10minutes in the 07 GF.