Waldron Speaks !! NRL cheating rife, says ex-Storm chief Waldron

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

So does anyone know if there will be an independent inquiry or not?
"Better to have Won then Lost, than to have never won at all" Arrogant, but true hahahaha
[img]http://lh5.ggpht.com/_LHg6T-6fC3I/S9VsrfFCLPI/AAAAAAAACeQ/RYZD1XBQI7A/redemption.jpg[/img]
Super Cronk
Site Manager
Site Manager

It could be widespread...and if other teams are doing it then i hope they get caught too.

btw bula...awesome sig!
[img]http://img184.imageshack.us/img184/7238/stormef5.gif[/img]

[b]PROUD MELBOURNE STORM SUPPORTER[/b]
Play the ball
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

NRL 's response to waldron was, if you have information, come forward and lay it on the table and we will look into it.
Go the Allblacks, Richmond , and the mighty Storm
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Play the ball wrote: NRL 's response to waldron was, if you have information, come forward and lay it on the table and we will look into it.
I had a boss once we called "the broken mirror".Always said "I'll look into it", but he never did
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

Bourbon Rat wrote:
Play the ball wrote: NRL 's response to waldron was, if you have information, come forward and lay it on the table and we will look into it.
I had a boss once we called "the broken mirror".Always said "I'll look into it", but he never did
You used to work for Steve Bracks?!?
Insomniac
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Tempest wrote: ... I don't trust Wally's word about the supposed talk with Gallop, and 'everyone's doing it' is not an excuse for what he did, but - yes, I believe everyone is doing it. In fact, if a full independent inquiry proves that a team isn't rorting the cap at all, they should automatically get a finals shot.
If there is an independent inquiry the number of teams that end up on zero could mean the Sharks have a shot at the finals! :shock2:
bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Even then, Canberra would smash them anyway lol
"Better to have Won then Lost, than to have never won at all" Arrogant, but true hahahaha
[img]http://lh5.ggpht.com/_LHg6T-6fC3I/S9VsrfFCLPI/AAAAAAAACeQ/RYZD1XBQI7A/redemption.jpg[/img]
bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Super Cronk wrote: It could be widespread...and if other teams are doing it then i hope they get caught too.

btw bula...awesome sig!
thanks
Tempest
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Insomniac wrote:
Tempest wrote: ... I don't trust Wally's word about the supposed talk with Gallop, and 'everyone's doing it' is not an excuse for what he did, but - yes, I believe everyone is doing it. In fact, if a full independent inquiry proves that a team isn't rorting the cap at all, they should automatically get a finals shot.
If there is an independent inquiry the number of teams that end up on zero could mean the Sharks have a shot at the finals! :shock2:
Exactly! Scary, huh? :p
bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

whats to say the sharkies arent doing it too?  :lol:
jjai
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

Insomniac wrote:
hahahaha  good one..
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

OK, I've said this (or something like it) over at league unlimited;

Waldron broke the rules, plain and simple and as a result all the good work that we thought he was doing has been undone. That is the biggest irony of all.

First of all what needs to be said is that no amount of information Brian Waldron can or will impart is going to bring back our premierships, our minor premierships and our prize money and that's a realisation it took me a few days to get over but I've finally been able to move past that.

The second thing; I have little doubt that other teams do bend the rules of the salary cap. Wether or not they engage in practices similar to what went on at our club is irrelevant. However I don't think that Brian Waldron is doing himself any favorsor endearing himself to Storm fans, hell even rugby league fans, by making broad statements like "cheating is rife".

If he has information then he has to make it public. For the good of the game he has to and the NRL must investigate the affairs of all clubs.

I personally think that Waldron will spill the beans, even if it means risking defamation. His determination not to be made a scapegoat and his over-inflated ego will ensure it. But even if Waldron doesn't end up "walking the walk" the issue of the salary cap and clubs breaching it is now just too big for the NRL to ignore and I think there will be, to quote Raaaaaaaaaaaaaaay, some VERY nervous nellies at every club. Not just because Waldron appears to have the goods on them but maybe the NRL will start looking that much closer than everyone else now.

Again the issue has become just too big and the NRL will do one of two things:

a) increase the cap; or

b) root out the other cheats and punish them accordingly.

We have had all our accolades bar the 1999 grand final taken away from us. For the sake of consistency the other clubs found cheating must be punished accordingly.
[color=#400040]Melbourne Storm 2011:[/color] take your time, try not to forget, pay no mind to us... [color=#400080]WE'RE JUST A MINOR THREAT![/color]