Cronk, Inglis, Smith, Slater - which one can we afford to lose?

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
storma01
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

i think its going to be a few mid range players if any.....

lima  250k
tolman 100k-150k
finch  50k-100k
hoffman  250k
and maybe someone like blair 150k-200k or sika 150k-200k
WE ARE THE STORM FROM MELBOURNE TOWN! WE'LL BLOW THE OTHERS OFF THE GROUND, WE ARE THE STORM AND WERE NUMBER "1"
"99" "07" "09" :-)
tugga
Monsoon
Monsoon

storma01 wrote: i think its going to be a few mid range players if any.....

lima  250k
tolman 100k-150k
finch  50k-100k
hoffman  250k
You are kidding yourself if you think Finch is on 50-100k.
2012 premiers. Legit.
bushman
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

I would loose Inglis and another mid range player with Finch that should be enough.  League will loose Inglis to AFL and it will be just another fine job by the NRL.
storma01
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

tugga wrote:

lima  250k
tolman 100k-150k
finch  50k-100k
hoffman  250k
what is he on?
WE ARE THE STORM FROM MELBOURNE TOWN! WE'LL BLOW THE OTHERS OFF THE GROUND, WE ARE THE STORM AND WERE NUMBER "1"
"99" "07" "09" :-)
tugga
Monsoon
Monsoon

storma01 wrote:
tugga wrote:

lima  250k
tolman 100k-150k
finch  50k-100k
hoffman  250k
what is he on?
You're the one quoting figures. I'm not.
He's not on that little inmy opinion.
2012 premiers. Legit.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I would hope if Lima, Tolman, Finch and one or two others on mid-$ contracts leave that we would be able to keep the fab four. Assuming Mr Gallop allows it. I don;t want Tolman to leave but think it is inevitable unfortunately.

If one of them has to leave, as much as I love him, I would have to say we could afford to lose GI. For the simple reason that Smith, Cronk and to a lesser extent Billy are so important to our structure and all three of those players are more consistent than Greg.
Brian
Squall
Squall

Lets pretend it 1997 and get Johnsy back to start assembling a new team with affordable players.
Joe_Storm_FB_2025
Squall
Squall

tugga wrote:
storma01 wrote:
tugga wrote: You are kidding yourself if you think Finch is on 50-100k.
what is he on?
You're the one quoting figures. I'm not.
He's not on that little inmy opinion.
Depends which of the books we are talking about
[quote="billythekidslater"]
Yeah I am a troll. [/quote]
Michael :P
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Scooter wrote: If one of them has to leave, as much as I love him, I would have to say we could afford to lose GI. For the simple reason that Smith, Cronk and to a lesser extent Billy are so important to our structure and all three of those players are more consistent than Greg.
How consistent has Billy been this year, and how was Billy going at 23 years of age.

Keeing Billy over Greg, and I hope it doesnt come down to that, would be a massive mistake. Like I said we can replace Billy with Gareth,who arguably has much better play-making abilities, if we lose GI we replace him with Willie Isa.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

we can let greg go
SOMEONE'S GOTTA MAKE THE HISTORY BOOKS IT MIGHT AS WELL BE US

2014 BAI STAND TIPPING CHAMP
KingHoweofIsrael
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

I'm going to say what we'd all say,  i don't want to lose any of them.

But, imo, probably GI, i love the guy but he seems to be very hit and miss with his performances (excluding any that coincide with his personal life, although they can be hit and miss too).

People above have said Billy over Inglis. All i can say is Billy bleeds purple, he's come so far and amazes me with his current passing game. I remember having an argument with a mate over what position Billy should be, he said fullback, i said centre without doubt. I was wrong. I don't see any other fullback that scares teams more than Billy (yes, i **might** be wearing my purple glasses) but personally, every time he picks up the ball, or is close to it, i think something will happen (which usually does).

As for cronk or cam, i would hate to see them go. Time will tell i guess. We need our team, and our team needs us more than ever.

Storm 4 Life!

KHoI
Storm 4 Life~
Temi
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

In my opinion, Inglis is more expendable than the rest.

We most certainly cannot let Cronk or Smith go... and in my opinion, Slater shows his value far more consistently than Inglis.

Having said that, Inglis has not been playing at full strength lately, as he is carrying an injury.

When he is in good health, and his mind is on the game, he is unstoppable.
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Bit unfair to use the night we decide to play football as a sign we dont need GI (I see the left got shit ball again). BTW how expendable was he last year when we were struggling towards the end of the season with Cooper, Cam and Billy playing like headless chooks. As soon as he came back we go on an unstoppable role to the title. The fact is we can replace what Billy does without much fuss. If you think Isa could have the affect on a game like Inglis did against St. Merge without hardly seeing the ball you got rocks in your head.

BTW Greg is 23, about to hit the prime of his career, Billy is 27 and at 23 he wasnt in Gregs league.
tugga
Monsoon
Monsoon

All I know is that we simply cannot let Cronk go.
2012 premiers. Legit.
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

tugga wrote: All I know is that we simply cannot let Cronk go.
Yep, especailly if he plays like that all the time. Alot of times he plays the percentages too much and its good to see him show the depth of his skill.