is it possible that the storm might not be alone with the wooden spoon.

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
storma01
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

I have a question to ask, i want to know what happens if another team gets done for being over the salary cap this year will they get the same punishment as we did? what happens with the wooden spoon if they do? and lets not forget about the titans and prince......  if they are found guilty.....  WHAT THEN?
WE ARE THE STORM FROM MELBOURNE TOWN! WE'LL BLOW THE OTHERS OFF THE GROUND, WE ARE THE STORM AND WERE NUMBER "1"
"99" "07" "09" :-)
KimmorleyKiller
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

The wooden spoon is metaphorical, so teams would 'share' the spoon. As it were.
[quote="Buzz"]
I really have to say that the only way that Boofa played at that kick from Orford was if he cracked a fat.
[/quote]

[img]http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c385/KimmorleyKiller/TheT
Insomniac
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I'll be surprised if the NRL are as vigilant in policing the other 15 clubs, unless of course another disgruntled former employee turns whistleblower with irrefutable evidence against one of them... even if the NRL request a full audit of the other clubs (including bank accounts, tax data etc.), the Players' Association would still have to allow it, and for privacy reasons, they may object or limit widespread access.

And the spoon won't be ours anyway.  As I said in another post, if we can't legitimately win the comp, we can't legitimately lose it either.
Joe_Storm_FB_2025
Squall
Squall

Insomniac wrote: I'll be surprised if the NRL are as vigilant in policing the other 15 clubs, unless of course another disgruntled former employee turns whistleblower with irrefutable evidence against one of them... even if the NRL request a full audit of the other clubs (including bank accounts, tax data etc.), the Players' Association would still have to allow it, and for privacy reasons, they may object or limit widespread access.

And the spoon won't be ours anyway.  As I said in another post, if we can't legitimately win the comp, we can't legitimately lose it either.
True it is nearly imposible to prove unless there is a whistle blower.
[quote="billythekidslater"]
Yeah I am a troll. [/quote]
Buzz
Site Slave
Site Slave

Titans have already been found not guilty of the claims against them. No paperwork - no evidence.
moody89
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

who was the whistleblower for the storm?
I'm absolutely sure that there are teams who are breaching this cap... but probably not to the extent that the storm. IMO if they are found to be cheating, they should be given the same punishment... but unlikely that the NRL will serve such a punishment.
Insomniac
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Well no one has been as successful, so there's not really that much to take away even if they have been cheating.  Unless they have won minor premierships or go back quite a few years to a team like, say Manly or the Roosters or Broncos for example, they could really only fine other clubs that are caught cheating.
Buzz
Site Slave
Site Slave

I'm trying to apply some logic or consistency here...

If I'm understanding how things stand right now (using Bulldogs and Storm as evidence), if you cheat the salary cap but haven't been successful yet, you get a monetary fine and lose some points. If you cheat the salary cap and have been successful, you get a monetary fine and lose your titles.

Isn't the current system more of a Snakes and Ladders kind of deal? If you cheat the salary cap climbing the ladder, you might land on a snake and drop down a level or two. If you land on a snake near the top, your fall is greater. It just seems that there's more incentive to cheat the salary cap so you climb the ladder quicker. Obviously getting caught at the top is fairly drastic (that is if you've actually won anything).

It's been less than 72 hours since this broke, and I'm still trying to work it out.
Scotty
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

Buzz wrote: I'm trying to apply some logic or consistency here...

If I'm understanding how things stand right now (using Bulldogs and Storm as evidence), if you cheat the salary cap but haven't been successful yet, you get a monetary fine and lose some points. If you cheat the salary cap and have been successful, you get a monetary fine and lose your titles.

Isn't the current system more of a Snakes and Ladders kind of deal? If you cheat the salary cap climbing the ladder, you might land on a snake and drop down a level or two. If you land on a snake near the top, your fall is greater. It just seems that there's more incentive to cheat the salary cap so you climb the ladder quicker. Obviously getting caught at the top is fairly drastic (that is if you've actually won anything).

It's been less than 72 hours since this broke, and I'm still trying to work it out.

Buzz,
Maybe you can use a Olympic race as an example then. If the runners that came 4th to last get caught taking seroids they get chucked out for a length of time. If the persons that come 1st to 3rd get caught, they get the same, and get stripped of their medals as well. Each non-cheater in the race gets promoted up the order and perhaps win a medal. In the case of the Bulldogs they were stripped of enough points to ensure they did not place higher up than any other team that did not cheat.
The difference obviously between league and the Olympic race is, that we don't kick out a team for a time, and we don't award the runners-up a promoted medal.
BigG
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

storma01 wrote: I have a question to ask, i want to know what happens if another team gets done for being over the salary cap this year will they get the same punishment as we did? what happens with the wooden spoon if they do? and lets not forget about the titans and prince......   if they are found guilty.....   WHAT THEN?

The only good to come out of that would be that the bookers would not pay out the large bets to the sneaks within the NRL Headquarters