Lets just get on with it!

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
bushman
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

To say that I am sad at the moment would be understating the depth of emotion I am feeling at the moment.

But we have to look forward as I for one will not follow any League team if the Storm fold and I’ve follow a team all my life and I’m 50.

And this is why when this team started we took the players from the war ending and made a team in the most Rugby League negative place in Australia. At that time we were told it wont work all north of our border (I’m from NSW only been here as long as Storm) because the players we had were all left over’s but we won the 1999 final. During this time and after we where over the salary cap because of contracts that players had with supper league and fined in fact I’m sure the money we won all went to pay that fine. Did we cheat no did we get help from the NRL no.

Have we ever bought a top player to our team not to my knowledge we have over the years have discovered players, given players that other clubs did not want a go, developed young player. This list include CAM SMITH not wanted by Brisbane, BILLY SLATER from track work, GREG INGLIS signed as a 14 year old and supported by storm all that time and the list can go on and on they come here and they all want them within two years. DID THE NRL SUPPORT US KEEP ANY OF THESE PLAYERS ON. Did they help other clubs keep players yes JOHNS for one.

Did we go through a time of not being a top team oh yes the Muppet period say no more.

Are we the best club in the comp at the moment one of, do all our success stay yes Fxxk NRL, clubs are Supporters and Players not the useless management keeping in mind we all try and keep as much of our hard work our own if we think we can (who’s not worked for cash or made a claim close to the wind at tax time).

Our past CEO will regret this I think big time as well he should. Are we the only club with salary cap issues I very much doubt it we just got caught or lagged in by someone. Hey we would all pass the hat around to keep Billy or Cam at the club if they would let us.

In short the NRL have screw us all the way and now having dealt out a punishment that is nothing short of destructive for storm and the NRL brand need to support the club.
Our management has let us down heads will and should roll.
News needs to support Strom unless they want to look like complete knobs.
The players need to remain and remember where they started from.
And we as supporters need to support the club which is us people who go week in week out wining or loosing we (the fans) didn’t cheat.

So I will see you on Saturday and on Sunday STORM fans.

Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Well said bushman.
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

=D> Good on ya - Not bad for a young bloke  ;-)
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
stormsally
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Yes yes yes
That is exactly what I thought when I first heard what happened - and this is how we can go on all year.

We are stronger that this crap.
We live to play, we play to win, We try and try, we won’t say die, we won’t give in