So whose staying...

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I'm happy with whatever way it rolls. I think it'll work either way and however it starts it'll be up to us to keep it going. It's a small thing but also can be such a huge thing/statement at the same time.
BigG
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

absentee wrote: Someone should paint a banner with "You'll never walk alone" on it.  I imagine Fox Sports would show it on TV and it may even be shown in match highlights.  It might not start people singing straight away but at least it puts it in the minds of the fans.  You have to start somewhere.
Thats why I menitioned earlier that someone should contact the banner crew, what better place than that???
BIG JIM
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

I would say try to get it going its a well known song and recognised i would have thought from then on it will roll on
Tigger
Site Slave
Site Slave

BigG wrote:
absentee wrote: Someone should paint a banner with "You'll never walk alone" on it.  I imagine Fox Sports would show it on TV and it may even be shown in match highlights.  It might not start people singing straight away but at least it puts it in the minds of the fans.  You have to start somewhere.
Thats why I menitioned earlier that someone should contact the banner crew, what better place than that???
Banner is already done & dusted this week.  

No offence to anyone but that's a soccer song - it really belongs to Liverpool - our go-to song should really be 'We wont back down' since it's the one the team ran out to for years.  
Reebs said years ago it fits perfectly for Storm and I agree with him.
When I want your opinion - I'll give it to you!
BigG
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

BIG JIM wrote: I would say try to get it going its a well known song and recognised i would have thought from then on it will roll on
Don,t think the Everton fans will join in  ;D
BIG JIM
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Tigger wrote:
BigG wrote:
absentee wrote: Someone should paint a banner with "You'll never walk alone" on it.  I imagine Fox Sports would show it on TV and it may even be shown in match highlights.  It might not start people singing straight away but at least it puts it in the minds of the fans.  You have to start somewhere.

No offence to anyone but that's a soccer song - it really belongs to Liverpool - our go-to song should really be 'We wont back down' since it's the one the team ran out to for years.  
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS IS A SOCCER SONG BUT RUGBY TEAMS SING THAT
Tigger
Site Slave
Site Slave

Woah Big Jim, keep it down willya?  :P

What I meant is that that particular song will always be associated with Liverpool, nothing wrong with that - it's a bloody great song.  I just believe that our own (well Tom Petty's  ;-)) is the best one for us to show a united front.
Then we can't be accused of pinching another teams 'official' song.
When I want your opinion - I'll give it to you!
BigG
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

BIG JIM wrote:
Tigger wrote:
BigG wrote: Thats why I menitioned earlier that someone should contact the banner crew, what better place than that???

WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS IS A SOCCER SONG BUT RUGBY TEAMS SING THAT

So did Freddie Mercury, are you showing your true colors Big Jim????????????   :o
BIG JIM
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Tigger wrote: Woah Big Jim, keep it down willya?  :P

What I meant is that that particular song will always be associated with Liverpool, nothing wrong with that - it's a bloody great song.  I just believe that our own (well Tom Petty's  ;-)) is the best one for us to show a united front.
Fair point but i would of thought a song which is easier and more common would have been a simpler song to follow.I will still ne there with my Purple Latex Pants screaming for the Storm
Michael :P
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Celtic sing it.
Michael :P
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

BigG wrote:
Noa Nandruku wrote: I think to start off with it has to be a supporter led thing, sung off the cuff some-what

To have the club seen to be doing it may look a bit rich to some if you know what I mean. At first I think the Club should just co-operate by turning the MC off at a pre-convened time, then as time goes on and wounds start to heal they can seen to be more hands on.
So what do you want me to say to Haley if she calls back? Please let me know the general feeling and I will pass this on. Great idea though Noa which ever way we go.
Yeah tell em to put it on but there doing so at the request of the fans.
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

Noa Nandruku wrote: We need to belt this out on Sunday

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y7xvegPH_Lw
Good thought, but do we rally want to associate this with Hillborough?
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
Dani_
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Especially since it was the anniversary only a few days ago.
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v299/DaniStorm/Dani07a.jpg[/img]
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Tigger wrote: Woah Big Jim, keep it down willya?  :P

You can stand me up at the gates of hell but I WONT BACK DOWN   ;-)
VIDEO - LYRICS
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
BigG
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

TC wrote:
Noa Nandruku wrote: We need to belt this out on Sunday

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y7xvegPH_Lw
Good thought, but do we rally want to associate this with Hillborough?
Its not about whose sung it before, who still sings it or who you think it belongs to. It's all about the words in the song and that they will not "Walk Alone" we are behind them. I don,t think anyone wants it sung week in week out, it,s all about showing support this week. Most of the players will not know that the other song used to be a club song, but they will know the meaning behind "you will never walk alone"
Last edited by BigG on Fri Apr 23, 2010 7:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.