So whose staying...

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Hailstorm
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

I just want to make it known that whilst I won't be at the game on Sunday due to a pre-booked
trip to the Sunshine State, I will be there in spirit. I'll also be back for the next home game and
those that follow. I just hope we still have a club in the months and years to follow...
jellyhead
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

We'll be there.  In fact, I'm going to Ticketmaster tomorrow to buy 4 extra tickets.

Shattered by today's events.
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

I'll be at the new stadium open day on Saturday and the Storm game on Sunday, getting there early on Sunday to cheer on the Under 20's.
CooperCronk
Monsoon
Monsoon

Tempest wrote:
Tigger wrote: I will be there Sunday to hold the banner and support the TEAM!!
The players need our support now more than ever.  Some may be involved in this debacle but until we know for sure I'm standing by all of the players in my team.
Very gutted right now but life will go on and hopefully so will Storm after a colonic irrigation to remove the waste at the club.
Absof*ckinlutely.
Took the words out of my mouth Tigger and Tempest.
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

Will they still have the open day
MENACING*STORM
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Surandy wrote: I'll be at the new stadium open day on Saturday and the Storm game on Sunday, getting there early on Sunday to cheer on the Under 20's.
+1
[align=center][img]http://img695.imageshack.us/img695/8558/61813452.jpg[/img][/align]
StormBec
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

To my dear Storm Family

I will and always will be a Storm Supporter. Nothing will change this.

I am absolutely disgusted, ashamed and upset by the wheelings and dealings of CEO's, admin and player managers. If I ever see Brian Waldron in my lifetime, god help him. As the CEO during that period I hold him responsible for undoing all the great work of our club.

If I could be there on Sunday I would in a heartbeat. Wanting to give many of you big hugs right now. I live in Newcastle - (hey! they can't say nothing to me, our players aren't drug peddlers facing jail sentences).

We have booked flights to come down for the Cowboys game on June 19. Can't wait to see you all. Wishing it was sooner but that cannot be.

The Storm helped me get through a very dark time in my life when I was 15 (the year we won the 99 grand final). They were the one thing the helped me out of that and gave me a goal to get better. I was not able to attend the 99 grand final and all I wanted was to be able to be at a grand final and see my team win another premiership. I thought I had done that (well I have but not legitimately in the eyes of the NRL :(... ). For this reason I am truly grateful and will always love them to the day I die.

We are not done, we will rise again and no mercy will be shown on those who get in our way!

I urge you to show your support for the Storm, just because "some" have been fraudulent it is not a reason to give up on them. That's what all the naysayers want!

"Storm supporter till the day I die"
xxx
[img]http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o198/stormbec/banner-new.jpg[/img]
Michael :P
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

glennb wrote: Will they still have the open day
Open book day maybe  8-[
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Like most of you I am completely shattered. Maybe the first event at AAMI Park should be a public stoning of those involved.

I would say (and hope) that the vast majority at the club including Craig and the players did not know about this.

I will be there tomorrow and on Sunday, as members / fans we need to continue to support the club, otherwise the club we love will (definitely) cease to exist.

I am bracing  myself for all the crap I am going to get from everyone at work especially all the AFL fans who don't care about rugby league and the Storm.
steaming stormer
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I’m as gutted as I’ve ever felt in my life at the moment.  Don’t want to exaggerate, but this club has been so much to me over the last 12 years, that I actually feel lost, and that’s when I still have a team to go and watch on the weekend… god knows how it will be if the unthinkable happens.

I’ll be in the same spot as the other game, near where the players come out, and I’ll be making a point to stand and applaud as they come out.  I’ll go to the after party, seeing as I forked out 90 clams for it, and it will no doubt feel like a wake.  It’s going to be a surreal day in every sense of the word.  Kind of ironic that it comes on a day to remember past deeds!

The one positive I’ve heard was on triple m this morning, where one of the managing directors of News has stated that there is absolutely no chance that they will cut the club off if that means they die.  If they stick to that, even if News give up their share in the NRL partnership, if they stick with us, we just might get through it. 

I think we’ll lose players, and in the next few weeks.  Who that is, I don’t know… and it would be tough to blame them, but at the same time, they’ll be wanting our support as they did nothing wrong, well, they owe us too as supporters, as we, like them, are the innocent victims…

Taking the 07 and 09 premierships is soul destroying, but at the same time, as tainted as those memories are now, they are two of the greatest days of my life.  I remember talking to my old man on the phone as Quinny scored in the last few mins of 07, and all I could say was ‘How good is this??’  That feeling doesn’t go away, but it’s unfortunately replaced by a slightly tainted version today.

My 07 tattoo, do I change the 07 to 99?  Or do I leave it, as a permanent reminder of what was a special time at the time.  At the end of the day, that’s what tattoos are for!  I’m still weighing that one up.

All I do know, is I love the club totally, and whilst there is an ounce of life left in them, I’ll be there, in my jersey, cheering on the boys like I have every other game.  I’m a Storm fan til I die… simple as that.  Even if that ends up being nothing more than memories
Storming our way to glory!

[img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a173/hocko123/makybebanner.jpg[/img]
billythekidslater
Squall
Squall

SS

Your post is exactly 100% how I feel. Memories that will never leave me. NEVER!!!!!!!
CaptainKlutz
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

steaming stormer wrote: I remember talking to my old man on the phone as Quinny scored in the last few mins of 07, and all I could say was ‘How good is this??’  That feeling doesn’t go away, but it’s unfortunately replaced by a slightly tainted version today.
All I do know, is I love the club totally, and whilst there is an ounce of life left in them, I’ll be there, in my jersey, cheering on the boys like I have every other game.  I’m a Storm fan til I die… simple as that.  Even if that ends up being nothing more than memories
I was taking a photo of storm man and the boy aat the time. (Quinn can be seen in the big screen in the photo :lol: )
[b]Making movies, signing songs and fight'n round the world.[/b]

Dose chess dip Err?
CaptainKlutz
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

At least this is galvinising the fans.

Most Online Today: 71. Most Online Ever: 167 (April 22, 2010, 05:25:56 PM)
[b]Making movies, signing songs and fight'n round the world.[/b]

Dose chess dip Err?
BigG
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

glennb wrote: I think it more a question of which players are going to stay.  After the SOO series they have know reason to play and risk getting injured.  They have nothing to show for the last five years and playing for pride and the CLUB only goes so far.  A lot of them will move on (a couple have to anyway to get under the salary cap).

The players now have to be paid the amount the NRL think the were being paid, not the amount in the serect book.  Also, if Craig goes how many will go with him.
No matter what you say, you cannot take away the fact they lifted the trophey's in the grand finals, no matter what Gallop says. It's all to do with the  accounting of the bean counters and seems to be related to payments to agents rather than players. And remember most of our stars are home grown, who have we had to pay alot of money for to come to the club, I can,t think of anyone.

Everyone should be at the game on Sunday to support the players, no question about it.

Them that continue to chuck their teddy out of the pram are'nt real supporters.

Go the Storm
Last edited by BigG on Fri Apr 23, 2010 11:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
tugga
Monsoon
Monsoon

I have had a rethink and I will be there.
We must send a message to the NRL that rugby league in Victoria cannot die.
2012 premiers. Legit.