2010 memberships

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
routy21
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

"Storm's win against the Rhinos sparked a 15 per cent surge in membership, with more than 700 people signing up, taking the total to more than 5700.

Storm, which is aiming for 10,000 members, registered a "significant increase" in membership inquiries after the win."

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/nrl/p ... 5836723206
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Not sure if any of these are the alleged $20 Members Cap  ???  Headwear & Scarves
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
stormsally
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

I haven't seen any Melbourne specific advertisements, and barely any NRL general ones at all.

Even in the WCC, the Rabbito's ad was on (this is an effective ad)
We live to play, we play to win, We try and try, we won’t say die, we won’t give in
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I'm sure most would've already ready the latest email but in case anyone hasn't here's a couple of interesting bits.

SEATING ALLOCATION

For those members awaiting seat allocation who either joined or renewed their membership by the March 5, seating allocation will commence on Tuesday, March 9.
We appreciate your patience during this time as the process will be lengthy and arduous as we endeavour to accommodate all seating requests. We expect the seat allocation process may take up to two weeks, rest assured we will continue to keep you up to date. Once confirmed all members will be advised their of seat allocation by email.

STADIUM OPEN DAY

As confirmed at the recent Stadium Information and Members Forum, the Club is working with Melbourne and Olympic Park Trust to host a member open day at the new Stadium. We are hoping we will be able to confirm a date in late April very soon, and this will be your chance to take a look at Storm’s brand new, world class facilities. The $268million home of the Storm will be the envy of every other Club in the NRL, and you'll get to see why very soon. The turf inside the 31,000 seat stadium has been laid, and many of the seats are in place as well. It truly will be the place to watch rugby league, unrivalled by anything ever experienced before.
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

Ice wrote: I'm sure most would've already ready the latest email but in case anyone hasn't here's a couple of interesting bits.

SEATING ALLOCATION

For those members awaiting seat allocation who either joined or renewed their membership by the March 5, seating allocation will commence on Tuesday, March 9.
We appreciate your patience during this time as the process will be lengthy and arduous as we endeavour to accommodate all seating requests. We expect the seat allocation process may take up to two weeks, rest assured we will continue to keep you up to date. Once confirmed all members will be advised their of seat allocation by email.
Going on previous years experience who wants to hazard a guess how long it takes til people start complaining about not having received their seat allocation and/or their membership fulfillment pack? 

I'll start the guesswork and say next Wednesday, ie 10/3/10.  :lol:
Insomniac
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Well, less than a week out from our Round 1 game and I am still yet to receive a reply from the membership department regarding my membership questions/renewal.  My Username/Password will not work on the site even if I wanted to renew online, so with their lack of organisation the Storm admin can only blame themselves when (not if) we don't reach the 10,000 member target.

Very disappointing to say the least.
CooperCronk
Monsoon
Monsoon

Insomniac wrote: Well, less than a week out from our Round 1 game and I am still yet to receive a reply from the membership department regarding my membership questions/renewal.  My Username/Password will not work on the site even if I wanted to renew online, so with their lack of organisation the Storm admin can only blame themselves when (not if) we don't reach the 10,000 member target.

Very disappointing to say the least.
One of my friends had a similar problem where she did not receive her membership pack.
She rang the membership dept. and just gave her details  (last year's member no. name, address, etc) over the phone, credit card no. and they renewed her GA membership there and then, followed by a receipt no. when the credit card was approved.

Membership Dept. No:  03/ 8412 4920

Hope that helps you in some way.
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

as at march 8

[align=center][b]DAILY TELEGRAPH FANTASY COMPETITION:
THE BAI STAND[/b] (LEAGUE CODE: 867370)[/align]
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

nacho wrote: as at march 8

Source  ???
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
routy21
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Bourbon Rat wrote:
nacho wrote: as at march 8

Source  ???
http://blogs.news.com.au/dailytelegraph ... g_the_way/
CooperCronk
Monsoon
Monsoon

To me it looks like some of those figures are ticketed and non-ticketed members combined.

And why the * for the Storm?
Last edited by CooperCronk on Tue Mar 09, 2010 10:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Crippstor
Squall
Squall

Those figures are the combined totals given to the Daily Telegraph by the NRL. The asterisk is apparently because seating details are not yet finalised, well that's what the explanation on the blog was, though a better one would be that memberships have only been on sale a short time
Crippstor - Lord of The Realm
CaptainKlutz
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

CooperCronk wrote: To me it looks like some of those figures are ticketed and non-ticketed members combined.

And why the * for the Storm?
What the Crippster said. :D
[b]Making movies, signing songs and fight'n round the world.[/b]

Dose chess dip Err?
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

current member numbers stand at 7,798 . there is a counter on the storm site now
[align=center][b]DAILY TELEGRAPH FANTASY COMPETITION:
THE BAI STAND[/b] (LEAGUE CODE: 867370)[/align]
bruce
Squall
Squall

Im curious, anyone who has signed up for thundersquad memberships, what does your tshirt/flag look like?