Round 4 Good Friday game

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Fizer
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Great defense paved the way for that win, great to have Coops back.
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Just got home, bring on 6pm so i can watch it again! Great game and a great win, i had a feeling we were gonna lift against quality opposition and did they what. Just a very strong and for the most part disciplined effort from the boys that really sent the message to not only St Merge but the rest of the comp if they want to take the title they're going to have to get past us first to get it  ;-)
routy21
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Great win boys! I thought Billy, Cam and Coops were our best..  Todd Lorwie didn't have a good game..

Great crowd as well
absentee
Monsoon
Monsoon

I love it when large groups of opposition supporters (Dragons, Manly) start off rowdy and then suddenly get very quiet for the rest of the game.
You had me at meat tornado.
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

absentee wrote: I love it when large groups of opposition supporters (Dragons, Manly) start off rowdy and then suddenly get very quiet for the rest of the game.
It happens much more often than not  :lol:
Taliesin
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Taliesin wrote:
Melbourne's Friday grows bright
Whilst St George's turns dire
As a freshening Storm
Quells the Dragons fire
a bargain made.a forfeit payed.let it be played
:swav:
Twill be a sullen journey North for the defeated ImageImage
Play the ball
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

I have to be honest I was not confident before the game,their form has been excellent

But when the first half turned into a grind it out arm wrestle , i started to like our chances, they became frustrated at not being able to put points on the board , and we stuck to the task,

No other team relishes that in the trenches stuff like us .  
Go the Allblacks, Richmond , and the mighty Storm
pauliedude
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Play the ball wrote: I have to be honest I was not confident before the game,their form has been excellent

But when the first half turned into a grind it out arm wrestle , i started to like our chances, they became frustrated at not being able to put points on the board , and we stuck to the task,

No other team relishes that in the trenches stuff like us .  
So true
KimmorleyKiller
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Greg once again, did lima lima lima duck all.

Slater on the other hand is ridiculously great. There is no one more critical to their teams success than Bill.
[quote="Buzz"]
I really have to say that the only way that Boofa played at that kick from Orford was if he cracked a fat.
[/quote]

[img]http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c385/KimmorleyKiller/TheT
simo
Monsoon
Monsoon

GI wasnt all that bad tonight.. His best game of the year so far.. wasnt great.. but was better.
Just before that no look Cronk pass to Slater, he fended off about 5 guys..
and put big Weyman on his ass pretty easily.. which was a pretyt good sight to see.

NRL on Fox said he started the season bigger then any of the forwards.. 115kg's

Next few weeks i reckon GI is gunna start rippin.
storm_rhinos
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

GI cant do a lot without service. The games so far this year have been an arm wrestle of defence, not free flowwing attacking football. Their is no way GI can shine at center when its not been supplied their as much. Billy on the otherhand has the freedom to play up in the line floating around the ruck, no wonder he stands out.

From watching the team this year we dont have the great switch plays across field that gives a good center / wing the chance to break and get clear field - if we did then GI would be able to take advantage of it. Yeah he aint doing much amazing, but his defence the last 2 weeks has been better.

And I am sure Soward pulled away when he saw GI running at him around 60 minutes ....i was hoping he would speed bump him again but i really think Soward was scared of trying to take him on one on one.

Will come in time.

Now I cant wait for Brett, Sika and Hoffy to be back - get some blasting done up the middle and more fringe of ruck running with Hoffy and Coops....

i reckon by the time origin is here we will just about have a full side, leaving us with plenty of cover, less inclusions (down from what 11 2 years ago to maybe......3or 4? (Billy, Cam and GI for Qld, maybe hoffy for the blues)...we should be in a strong position to have a good origin period
"Don't mistake lack of talent for genius"
"Fortune favours the brave, stand tall Storm your time is now. Go hard, go Storm!! "
I love Cooper
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Blame Proctor for that!! He didn't have enough ball to set the world on fire. He was solid and did what was needed.

I reckon Cronk will be in the Origin squad, especially if Lockyer retires. If not he'll get the utility spot.
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

I feel sorry for Luke, poor bloke. His first Storm game without scoring.  ;-)
Play the ball
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

KimmorleyKiller wrote: Greg once again, did *LIMA LIMA LIMA DUCK!* all.

Slater on the other hand is ridiculously great. There is no one more critical to their teams success than Bill.
Different kind of players ,

Slater is busier  ,always has been , but Greg can still turn a game on its head but not as often it seems,

Greg isn't 100% , has been battling a hip injury which affected his pre- season training,

His is above his playing weight and if we want him back to his best we will have to wait untill he plays himself back into form and fitness, it will happen just like last year,

The part that i find annoying and puzzling , is how an elite athlete can allow himself to pile on the fat while he is taking a break from training.
Go the Allblacks, Richmond , and the mighty Storm
Michael :P
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I love Cooper wrote: Blame Proctor for that!! He didn't have enough ball to set the world on fire. He was solid and did what was needed.

I reckon Cronk will be in the Origin squad, especially if Lockyer retires. If not he'll get the utility spot.
Kev is playing on the wrong-side, he should be on hte right to excel.
simo wrote: GI wasnt all that bad tonight.. His best game of the year so far.. wasnt great.. but was better.
Just before that no look Cronk pass to Slater, he fended off about 5 guys..
and put big Weyman on his ass pretty easily..

That was pretty funny, was the reason there was a hole for Billys try. Nielsen as well scored thanks to GI's presence outside him.

Anyone who thinks that was a poor game from Greg should get there eyes checked, it was solid

Ryan Tandy had his best game for the year so far