Seating allocation

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Cowbell-Mark
Squall
Squall

Got my membership pack and all today (baring the card) and my 3 etihad stadium tickets. In Aisle 43, Row K seat 69...thundersquad FTW :)
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Cowbell-Mark wrote: Got my membership pack and all today (baring the card) and my 3 etihad stadium tickets. In Aisle 43, Row K seat 69...thundersquad FTW :)
SO..................How have they worked the Thundersquad area ?
My group is in Aisle 42 Row G
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
Tigger
Site Slave
Site Slave

Bourbon Rat wrote:
Cowbell-Mark wrote: Got my membership pack and all today (baring the card) and my 3 etihad stadium tickets. In Aisle 43, Row K seat 69...thundersquad FTW :)
SO..................How have they worked the Thundersquad area ?
My group is in Aisle 42 Row G
Looks like they've put you guys in the corner near the try line/in-goal, great seats those....at least you'll be seen on the tv   ;-)
When I want your opinion - I'll give it to you!
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Tigger wrote: Looks like they've put you guys in the corner near the try line/in-goal, great seats those....at least you'll be seen on the tv   ;-)
And this is a new thing because  :sign5:
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

Got my pack & tickets in the mail today. Phew, no last minute phone call to Storm HQ!
CooperCronk
Monsoon
Monsoon

I haven't got mine yet..quite upset and will be phoning them tomorrow.
Tigger
Site Slave
Site Slave

Bourbon Rat wrote:
Tigger wrote: Looks like they've put you guys in the corner near the try line/in-goal, great seats those....at least you'll be seen on the tv   ;-)
And this is a new thing because  :sign5:
I meant the 'Thundersquad' not just you Ratty  :P ;-)
absentee
Monsoon
Monsoon

Got my membership package today.  Very happy with my seats for the Etihad games - very disappointed with the member's pin, though.  Really, if that's the effort they put into it, what's the point?  Last year's pin was classy - and it didn't look like it cost two cents to make.  At least the lanyard doesn't look cheap this year - no problems with letter spacing this time.
You had me at meat tornado.
jellyhead
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Surandy wrote: Got my pack & tickets in the mail today. Phew, no last minute phone call to Storm HQ!
*sigh* I got 2 out of 4 today.  On the website it says if you haven't got them by today to ring the Membership Dept.  So I call.  Guess what?  If you haven't got them in tomorrow's mail, give us a call.  ???
CooperCronk
Monsoon
Monsoon

Mine arrived today...whew!  No membership card yet, but all the tickets for the games at Etihad and the other goodies.

I loved the team poster and the car sticker. 
Crooner
Squall
Squall

So after being a premium (gold class as it was once called) member for 6 years, myself and my brother finaly get our seating allocation, we have been moved from the half way line to the 30m line.......Not happy at all.
Called the membership office on Monday "all day" couldnt get through, finally speak with someone on Tuesday morning to be told someone paid before we did so we miss out!
When I called the club in Jan I was told "we wont be doing seating allocations untill the 5th March, as long as your membership renewal is in before then we will get as close to equivulat seats as possible"
As I pointed out to her, as it stands at ATM I can walk up on game day get a general admission ticket and get better seats.......
To say we are not happy is an understatment!
I have been waiting all week for the supervisor to call me - not that I expect him to do anything about it.
Not bad when they have already taken the money out of the account, charged more money this year then last year for worse seats.
If this is not resolved some how we will both be pulling our 2010 membership 0- f&^%k um
Lets make League viable in Melbourne.
steaming stormer
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

as close to equivulat seats as possible...

That's the key words here. 
Why don't people wait to see what the new stadium is like before going off... this thread is becoming a joke
Storming our way to glory!

[img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a173/hocko123/makybebanner.jpg[/img]
Insomniac
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

As someone already pointed out, simply transplanting long-standing paying/ticketed members (particularly premium members) from an old run down smaller stadium to a brand new larger stadium should not be rocket science.  All previous ticketed members should have been given practically identical seats before anyone else was allocated theirs (unless of course these members were now being asked to sit with additional new members).  This has obviously not happened for some reason, and so I completely disagree that this thread has become a joke because of the complaints - rather, the administration has fast become a joke, and the club is going to suffer for it.

As much as it pains me to say it, I for one have not and will not renew my long-standing membership this year after the disappointing treatment of the club's loyal members.
Tigger
Site Slave
Site Slave

What some people just aren't getting is the fact that we are moving to a larger stadium.  Therefore it is not difficult to superimpose a seating map from OP over the new stadium and to match up members seating!
All this talk and excuses about the new stadium and how hard it all is - we moved from OP to Colonial and ONE person (with a little help) did the seating allocation!!!
We moved back from Colonial to OP and TWO people did the seating allocation!!! We even managed to put new groups from Colonial back to great seats at OP with a minimum of fuss!  It's not bloody rocket science people - I have DONE IT!!!

It's also not hard to make two piles of membership forms - one for existing members with allocated seats and one for new sign-ups so you process the existing members first!  

With the many people now working in the Storm membership department you'd think they could get it sorted, it's not like they have to squeeze thousands of people into a smaller area, the new stadium is huge compared to OP and there is MORE 50m line space when you take into account the upper level of the eastern stand.

Sorry to offend folk but I've been there and done it and I'm sick of people saying the admin are doing a good job when they clearly aren't.
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

*shrugs shoulders* Happy with the seating we got for both stadiums - but then we're terrace rats  ;D