Cooper as a future coach

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Crippstor
Squall
Squall

Just heard Coops on the radio discussing the match and I have never heard a more astute description of both the game and what needs to be done to improve.
From what I have heard and read he is a great student of the game so I wondered what are the forums thoughts for long term planning as far as future coaches go?
Crippstor - Lord of The Realm
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

In a perfect world Mooks would take over from Bellyache after his current tenure is up. Don't get me wrong i'd love nothing more than for Belly to stay on but i've heard him say in interviews a couple of times that it might just about do him as a senior coach when his contract is up. If he does give it away it's probably wishful thinking in hoping that Mooks will still be with us because he's such a sort after coach but i could think of nobody better to take the reins of the great man if need be and would be a very very successful coach.
Crippstor
Squall
Squall

Ice,
I agree, having Mooks do 5 years plus after Bellyache calls it quits would be great and it also fits in with my theory, Coops will be not too far from career end in 8-9 years time, so maybe he could do time as an assistant before taking over
Crippstor - Lord of The Realm
Woody
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Totally agree with you guys. I`m really hoping that Bellyache and Mooks have some sort of succession plan in place for when Bellyache decides he`s going. That would be absolutely perfect but I just cant help wondering how many offers Mooks will get in the meantime. He`s too good to stay as an assistant forever. Having listened to Coops a couple of times I think he would make a great coach down the track. He seems very astute and aware of the game and its nuances.
Michael :P
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I wish I was sure of getting sum tonight as I was of Cooper being a coach.

You can bet your left nut on it, doubt it will be here though unless its several years into his career.
Woody
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Noa Nandruku wrote: I wish I was sure of getting sum tonight as I was of Cooper being a coach.

You can bet your left nut on it, doubt it will be here though unless its several years into his career.
Well um....good luck with that side of it. Hope it goes well ;D
singlemalt
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Bellamy has often said that Coops and Billy have the best footy heads of anyone in the team - I'd definitely see Coop stepping up in a similar way to Mooks after he has finished his playing days - here's just hoping it will be at Storm.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

id die if he was coach hehe get to see him every week as coach on tv ect ect (well i am a girl and he is hot)
SOMEONE'S GOTTA MAKE THE HISTORY BOOKS IT MIGHT AS WELL BE US

2014 BAI STAND TIPPING CHAMP
Super Cronk
Site Manager
Site Manager

Coops can be president if he wants! deadset legend.
[img]http://img184.imageshack.us/img184/7238/stormef5.gif[/img]

[b]PROUD MELBOURNE STORM SUPPORTER[/b]
CooperCronk
Monsoon
Monsoon

I wish he was my future husband  ;D
Temi
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

I get a real kick out of seeing Cooper barking orders on the field - and I love the fact that Cam Smith obviously doesn't seem to mind!

I think he will definitely be a successful coach in the future. And yes Sally, he is gorgeous too, but that's just the tip of the iceberg!
Super Cronk
Site Manager
Site Manager

CooperCronk wrote: I wish he was my future husband  ;D
me too ...*shifty eyes*
[img]http://img184.imageshack.us/img184/7238/stormef5.gif[/img]

[b]PROUD MELBOURNE STORM SUPPORTER[/b]
CooperCronk
Monsoon
Monsoon

Super Cronk wrote:
CooperCronk wrote: I wish he was my future husband  ;D