billy sledges paterson

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Diehard_Storm
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

According to Danny Weezler tonight on sportline, Slater said:

"Go to your room and have a cry"

All this commotion over such a...well...is it even a sledge? 

Surely this is one of the weakest sledges I heard.  Its just...lame.  Hardly offensive, but obviously if you're hypersensitive, you are going to react to anything.

A new low for sledging?  LOL hardly
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

Fox Sports post match wrap up tonight showed the replay of the incident and you clearly can see that Paterson says something to Blair who half turns when Slater steps in and makes a remark then Paterson goes nuts and starts walking towards Slater and spouting shit out of his mouth. As Slater walks off he remarks, not sure if it was to Blair or the ref, "he can dish it out but he can't take it".

Unless anyone knows what Paterson said to spark Slater's response then who are we to judge either party?
CaptainKlutz
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Insomniac wrote: Well it's quite obvious from Billy's own statement that he did overstep the mark, so if his sledge was in relation to depression then those that are making light of his comments have obviously avoided being affected or having someone close to them suffer from depression or mental illness.

It certainly is not something to be made light of, and those that have been affected by depression or mental illness would find comments like "some people should get a thicker skin" to be highly offensive, ignorant and/or immature.
Pfffffft

It is more obvious from Billy that he wants to remain a clean skin in the game and a good role model to the kids. Which is a great thigh to aspire to and a great service tp provide.

If he dished it out but he has to take it and not bitch about it after a loss.

Seriously, do you really care what gets said to you by an opponent or some Klutz on the internet.

I am neither offended nor ignorant...... but yes slightly immature. :P
[b]Making movies, signing songs and fight'n round the world.[/b]

Dose chess dip Err?
steaming stormer
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Billy doesn't have a cleanskin image with fans though mate... just with us!! :)
Storming our way to glory!

[img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a173/hocko123/makybebanner.jpg[/img]
CaptainKlutz
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

steaming stormer wrote: Billy doesn't have a cleanskin image with fans though mate... just with us!! :)
He does with the media.

Posters at LU aren't your normal fans.
[b]Making movies, signing songs and fight'n round the world.[/b]

Dose chess dip Err?
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

??? Non Storm LU posters = Daily Tele journos in training  :twisted:

Wonder just how many of them are screaming about THAT forward pass by the EELS 'wonder boy'  ;-)
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
brewer
Squall
Squall

hey guys, noob here

is there really that much to this. bit of an over reaction. but i guess some people might find it a bit off
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

go to your room and have a cry

It's a sad day for sport. How long till a coach gets fined $ 10K for telling someone he's playing like a girl? That's sexist after all.
Or a player gets suspended for misconduct for telling an opponent he's useless. It might reduce the poor bloke's self esteem.

Fair dinkum, what a joke.

Corey, mate. There's some cement in the back of my ute. Grab yourself a cup and harden the **** up.
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
singlemalt
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Diehard_Storm wrote: According to Danny Weezler tonight on sportline, Slater said:

"Go to your room and have a cry"

Oh ffs ... if this was the extent of the 'sledge' then Patterson needs himself a big dummy to suck on

I wouldn't even say it overtly targets his mental health problems ... if someone on the fiels is having a sook then that's the sort of thing you say to them  ... I used to pack into a scrum and say much worse ... and I was a damn nice guy to play against.
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

singlemalt wrote:
....Patterson needs himself a big dummy to suck on
can't say that - it's ageist.
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
Insomniac
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

If that latest report is indeed true (and who knows with Danny Weasel), then this whole mess has been farcical and I can totally understand why Billy didn't apologise until he heard Corey had taken his comment as a personal attack relating to his depression issues.

But seriously, who knows what to believe?  The matter is done and dusted, and as far as the negative press goes, the Billy haters are always going to be just that no matter what he does.
Super Cronk
Site Manager
Site Manager

What i found funny was Paterson standing over slater carrying on like a big baby. It was a nothing comment..."go and have a cry"...
[img]http://img184.imageshack.us/img184/7238/stormef5.gif[/img]

[b]PROUD MELBOURNE STORM SUPPORTER[/b]
bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Dont forget that theyve been pumping Jarryd Hayne up since mid last season as the greatest thing on legs. Anytime they can bring Slater down they will. I find it funny how everyone is pretty much divided on this but the journos in the tele seem to be unanimous  with their opinions on this matter.
Its started again, last year it sort of died down abit but since we're the premiers theyre gonna bring us down any way the can.
"Better to have Won then Lost, than to have never won at all" Arrogant, but true hahahaha
[img]http://lh5.ggpht.com/_LHg6T-6fC3I/S9VsrfFCLPI/AAAAAAAACeQ/RYZD1XBQI7A/redemption.jpg[/img]
CooperCronk
Monsoon
Monsoon

bula wrote: Dont forget that theyve been pumping Jarryd Hayne up since mid last season as the greatest thing on legs. Anytime they can bring Slater down they will. I find it funny how everyone is pretty much divided on this but the journos in the tele seem to be unanimous  with their opinions on this matter.
Its started again, last year it sort of died down abit but since we're the premiers theyre gonna bring us down any way the can.

=D>
tugga
Monsoon
Monsoon

People really do need to harden the lima lima lima duck up these days.
2012 premiers. Legit.