Adam Blair's report

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Hasn't really rated a mention in the game articles.

It looked to me like he didn't even know that Ben Cross's head was undeneath his elbow as he was fallling.

I reckon anyone would have braced themselves for impact with the ground in exactly the same way.

FMD...when even Warren Smith says it was a dubious report...then there MUST be NOTHING in it.

Warren Smith and Fat Boy Andy Raymond are 2 of the world's biggest Storm haters !
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
samo
Squall
Squall

yeh andy raymond does not like the storm at all, may be due to his love affair with danny green and his strong links with the eels.

best way for the storm to stick it to them is by winning "which we always do" hahaha.

samo
CaptainKlutz
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Storm Spirit wrote: Hasn't really rated a mention in the game articles.

It looked to me like he didn't even know that Ben Cross's head was undeneath his elbow as he was fallling.

I reckon anyone would have braced themselves for impact with the ground in exactly the same way.

FMD...when even Warren Smith says it was a dubious report...then there MUST be NOTHING in it.

Warren Smith and Fat Boy Andy Raymond are 2 of the world's biggest Storm haters !

Blair knew alright.

i'd defend it with the "braced themselves for impact" with the ground/ accident  argument.

Should get off. It'll be another near miss for Blair. I reckon he has used up most of his 9 lives. Be more carful Blairy.
[b]Making movies, signing songs and fight'n round the world.[/b]

Dose chess dip Err?
Insomniac
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I agree... in my opinion you can see him look down at Cross and then position the forearm accordingly... it would be a difficult thing to prove though.  But just knowing how niggly he's become, he's really walking on thin ice as far as I'm concerned.  I wouldn't be too surprised if he does get cited, and maybe a scare or a suspension would be a good thing for him with his current attitude.

Aggression is one thing... stepping over the mark or simply playing dirty is another altogether, and we would be livid if another player did that to one of ours.

I'm also not happy with Billy if he did sledge Patterson with depression taunts, but that appears to be just speculation at the moment.
steaming stormer
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I am with you Insomniac particularly around the Blair thing.  I said to my mate at the time it was a grub shot - he looked at Cross and made sure he locked his forearm on his jaw IMO.
I posted on here that if it happened to one of our players we'd all be headless about it...
Will have to see how he goes though
Storming our way to glory!

[img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a173/hocko123/makybebanner.jpg[/img]
Monsoon
Monsoon

i wont be upset if he gets a week, being playin dirty larely and needs to cut it out
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

and he has to take a week....could be good in the long run norrie gets a game and blairy loses the points he had hanging over his head
SOMEONE'S GOTTA MAKE THE HISTORY BOOKS IT MIGHT AS WELL BE US

2014 BAI STAND TIPPING CHAMP
Michael :P
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Anytime Norrie gets a game, its a bad, bad day.
nustorm
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

who would you have instead? you could be surprised with norrie. If he got some game time who knows what could happen. what's your issue with him or are you from the wagga?
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Noa Nandruku wrote: Anytime Norrie gets a game, its a bad, bad day.
IIRC he was one of the best on ground against us last year for the sharks
[align=center][b]DAILY TELEGRAPH FANTASY COMPETITION:
THE BAI STAND[/b] (LEAGUE CODE: 867370)[/align]
Play the ball
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

I think to date,  he has been niggly rather than dirty,

But he crossed the line on this one ,

I believe there was intent, he looked straight at him  before he somehow got the forearm- elbow into position ,

When you consider a elbow- forearm into the head area with intent that results in that player been out for the count ,

Probably lucky only to be getting a week,

He need to watch himself, unless he wants to end up like a Gallen.
Go the Allblacks, Richmond , and the mighty Storm
Woody
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

sallymay wrote: and he has to take a week....could be good in the long run norrie gets a game and blairy loses the points he had hanging over his head
Is Norrie the most likely replacement? I have been trying to think of the most likely candidates to fill in for Blair against Penrith. It`s going to need to be somebody reasonably big and agile to cover the likes of Pritchard.
Michael :P
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

nustorm wrote: who would you have instead? you could be surprised with norrie. If he got some game time who knows what could happen. what's your issue with him or are you from the wagga?
Bryan Norrie is Ian Donnelly's less talented brother.
CooperCronk
Monsoon
Monsoon

Bellyache needs to spend some time with Blair, show him some vids to modify his tackling technique :)
Last edited by CooperCronk on Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.