stadium

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
stormin_kes
Squall
Squall

Its the "missus" (MRS) for me ....
and now she has a name Aami.
It's just a Storm in a tea-cup.
Woody
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

stormin_kes wrote: Its the "missus" (MRS) for me ....
and now she has a name Aami.
I`m not sure how many times I`ve seen that written and that didn`t occur to me. I like, I like...... :D
mahoobla
Squall
Squall

Do the NRL know something that we don't know???? On the NRL website, the venue for the Aus vs NZ game on May 7th is listed as ETIHAD!!!

http://www.nrl.com/repgames/repgameshom ... fault.aspx
Buzz
Site Slave
Site Slave

I hope not. People at the stadium said that the first event will be on April 17th - but not sure what that event is. One of my guys went there yesterday for the ATMs, and tells me afterwards he even stood on the grass. Didn't take photos! Can you believe that?

Bah!
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

The Storm reckon seating allocations will be finalised by the week starting on the 22nd which is this Monday so hopefully they're on schedule. I'm dying to know what bay we ended up in.
Hailstorm
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Buzz wrote: One of my guys went there yesterday for the ATMs, and tells me afterwards he even stood on the grass. Didn't take photos! Can you believe that?

Bah!
If you're not gonna sack him for that Buzz then you should at least issue him with a warning. hehe...  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
steaming stormer
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I did get told by someone who knows people working there, and his comment was there is no chance it will be ready... but hoping he's wrong of course!!
Storming our way to glory!

[img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a173/hocko123/makybebanner.jpg[/img]
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

There was an article in the paper a week or 2 ago saying it definitely won't be finished even though they've literally been working around the clock. But it'll mainly be just the cosmetic stuff and nothing major structurally, they also mentioned there's a chance the roof won't be finished being sealed so lets hope it doesn't rain  :lol:
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

The field will be playable - The seats in the stands will be usable - As long as someone,somewhere in there is selling food n drink the rest is irrelevant  ;D
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
Insomniac
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I know we are desperate to get into our new stadium, but if those rumours are true then that is extremely disappointing and will end up being very embarrassing with all the cameras and coverage the "launch" is bound to get...  :icon_frown:
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

steaming stormer wrote: I did get told by someone who knows people working there, and his comment was there is no chance it will be ready... but hoping he's wrong of course!!
I'm guessing this is like the rumour that the roof was falling.

If true why then would Ticketek still be selling tickets for the Australia vs New Zealand test match at the Thunderdome?
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

The lights are on, but there's nobody home....

.....yet!
CooperCronk
Monsoon
Monsoon

I can't wait until we invade that place lol
mahoobla
Squall
Squall

Love the picture with the lights - the lights have been blazing every morning when I come past on the train and it looks awesome. They really are working around the clock to get it ready for us!
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

Some are home now: