season 2010 starts in 5....4....3....2...(spoilers).

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

Noa Nandruku wrote:
Might dawn on you one day Bellamy doesnt want his centers out of postion.
Looking for the ball is not out of position for a centre.
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

Gallen being our best player at the moment. Another penalty and Cam converts.
Michael :P
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Just happy with the win, real season for us dont start for another week or two. But please Craig, show some faith in Luke Kelly.
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

TC wrote: On the end of this backline it'll be no surprise. Still reckon he's a very average player.
Well considering you only saw him in one game (only his first game with the club, one where he played pretty damn well) and a half in this game before you bagged him it's pretty clear it gonna be one of those where you're just not going to like him no matter what he does. You know the ones, score 5 tries and not mention those but make one mistake and you're all over him? It's all too common unfortunately.
Fizer
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Ugly win but a win is a win. I thought we go dominated in the forwards for most of the game and struggle to go forward and when we do the passes were shit. Tolman and Lima were our best forwards. The sooner Smith gets into the hooker the better and his goal kicking was great again. I thought Quinn hit ups were great in the 2nd half.
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

He wont do it coz he's a stubborn ol bastard (and we dont really need to), but Craig needs to show some faith in Luke Kelly as I hate Cam at 7.

:lol:, I said that twice, must be the bottle and a half of Rose I downed.
Last edited by noa nandruku on Sun Mar 14, 2010 12:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tigger
Site Slave
Site Slave

Ahhh, I love it. Season is back and so are the 'discussions'  ;-)

GO STORM!!!!!!
When I want your opinion - I'll give it to you!
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

What was with the two Storm "on reports" ? YET NOTHING for the grubbiest penalty milking team in the NRL.

Quinn = At worst a careless attempt,(with the open hand) at a side fend - Against GALLEN FFS !
Finch = On report for doing a little less than Gallen n Co did for 80 minutes ?

Scrappy Game with a lot of errors , mistakes & wrong options taken.Fortunately a FULL STRENGTH Sharks outfit was still not a match for an off key Storm. Willing to give MacD time to settle as comparing him to the bloke that used to be in that spot,(Steve Turner) would be unfair until he learns to second guess our set plays & running options.

Happy to come away from the Hobbits with 2 points & wreck the "Ricky Stuart has never lost a 1st game as coach" myth  :twisted:
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Ricky Stuart, as a coach, is a myth PERIOD

Wont be suprised if Quinn gets a week though, depending on record.
samo
Squall
Squall

loved aiden tolmans work and hinchcliffes work, both tackled and tried their hearts out, and i thought proctor looked alot stronger in defence then in the past, wrapped up and stopped alot of off loads.

only room for improvement, its gunna be very competitive when manu, white, cronk, stanley and lowrie r fit

samo
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

Ice wrote: Well considering you only saw him in one game (only his first game with the club, one where he played pretty damn well) and a half in this game
Umm, he's played the odd game before this. I've seen a few of his performances.
I'dbe happy to be proved wrong.
CooperCronk
Monsoon
Monsoon

I was very happy with our win, considering all the players sitting on the sideline and the travel factor.I remember watching GI on Rugby League SummerTime and he said he felt a little jaded with the trip to England.

And the sooner Cronk comes back,  then Cam can be a happy hooker again.

We have 2 tough games ahead at Newcastle and Penrith and really hope Quinn doesn't cop a suspension as we are a bit light on for experience.
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

First round, lots of guys missing, well done guys for getting the two points. Now to prepare for next week.
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

does anyone know whats up with hoffy n his shoulder. im watching the reply now and its just happened
[align=center][b]DAILY TELEGRAPH FANTASY COMPETITION:
THE BAI STAND[/b] (LEAGUE CODE: 867370)[/align]
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

My head is a bit foggy this morning but from memory I thought Dane Neilsen was excellent, Kev Proctor was good and will only get better, Ryan Hinchcliffe was sharper with his service and both starting props were solid.