Who is going to the Forum on Saturday?

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
StormFront
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Madstorm.... totally agree... complete bullshit and disregard for what members actually want...

Access to the social club .. ok if I am not one of the first 500 to enter then I dont get in... thats my fault...but not paying $90each for a 3yr and 6yr to go...
Access to a reserved area ... its not that hard to do if they already are doing it in the GA areas... they just want to control where people sit.

But alas they are not going to change it all now...
Lets Party Like Its 1999....
The Storm 1999, 2007, 2009, 2011

StormFront......
StormRepublic
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

I agree there should be a reserved area, it was a great idea. But we have been around 12 years now and most people have brought friends to games. Maybe getting rid of the reserved area will turn the casual fan into a member. Yes it may turn a few away but it may also make people sign up and get that guaranteed income.
$90 for social club entry is a rip off but having the first 500 get entry is not the best idea. What if your seat is the furthest away from the social club, you then would have to leave the game early to get entry. Also what if you have limited mobility.
Biggest disappointment the club made was getting rid of the 3 game membership, i notice alot of other AFL clubs are introducing them now.
Storm member from the start.
Tigger
Site Slave
Site Slave

I'm pretty sure that they are only selling 500 spots for the After Party.  That's why they are saying 'first in best dressed' for when you actually buy them.  Once they're sold that's it!
I highly doubt the admin would be stupid enough to over sell $90 passes and have more angry people (if they couldn't gain access)
When I want your opinion - I'll give it to you!
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

StormRepublic wrote:$90 for social club entry is a rip off but having the first 500 get entry is not the best idea. What if your seat is the furthest away from the social club, you then would have to leave the game early to get entry. Also what if you have limited mobility.
Logistically it would be a nightmare but instead of an After Party Membership they imagine if they had a kind of lottery where 500 members were selected at random based upon those members that are at the ground (ie have scanned their membership card). Then everyone gets the chance to go just by having turned up to the game.

Don't shoot me down, I know it's not workable but in theory it's fairer and a better reward for members than the current rip off.
Brian
Squall
Squall

Surandy wrote:
StormRepublic wrote:$90 for social club entry is a rip off but having the first 500 get entry is not the best idea. What if your seat is the furthest away from the social club, you then would have to leave the game early to get entry. Also what if you have limited mobility.
Logistically it would be a nightmare but instead of an After Party Membership they imagine if they had a kind of lottery where 500 members were selected at random based upon those members that are at the ground (ie have scanned their membership card). Then everyone gets the chance to go just by having turned up to the game.

Don't shoot me down, I know it's not workable but in theory it's fairer and a better reward for members than the current rip off.

BANG :lol:
Andy
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Thanks for your replies a couple of pages back.  I have decided to stick with the Western Stand and staying undercover too. 

I hope I can change if I'm not happy with my seat.
woori_boy
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

FYI-I spoke to the club and they told me there will be a $50.00 administration fee to change your seat-"in that area "- if unhappy with allocation !! Also if for some reason you decide you don't like the area you are allocated, and move to another part of the ground, scale down from say "Premier Club" to "Championship Club or General" there will be no refund for a lower cost ticket.
tugga
Monsoon
Monsoon

So potentially you could fork out $90 for a social club membership, but never see an after-party if you get there late every time???????????????
2012 premiers. Legit.
steaming stormer
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

no, they're selling 500 after party memberships only
Storming our way to glory!

[img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a173/hocko123/makybebanner.jpg[/img]
samo
Squall
Squall

when do tickets go on sale for storm v broncos?

samo
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

Last I heard was sometime in early April.