Who will be purchasing an After Party pass this year

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!

Please pick an answer and if you want, list your reasoning

Yes definitely - bugger the cost
5%
No way - too expensive
55%
Maybe - if my friends get one
16%
Not sure
3%
No - not interested at all
16%
Yes - but it is expensive
5%

Total votes: 38
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

there is only 500 of them to buy so i wont be one of them
SOMEONE'S GOTTA MAKE THE HISTORY BOOKS IT MIGHT AS WELL BE US

2014 BAI STAND TIPPING CHAMP
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

500 only & no chance to bring in newbies.No incentive to waste $90.
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I voted no, not interested at all. As mentioned in the other thread our group gave away the social club the year they started charging general members. It's not a money issue for us, it's just that it's been so long since we've been we're hardly going to miss it this year and especially given the way you guys have described how downhill it's gone. It's also more a principal thing for us, i just don't think you should have to pay extra for the SC on top of spending several hundred bucks on a membership.

There's plenty of good places in Swan St that charge nothing to get in and where you can meet up with others so that's where we'll be headed.
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Ice wrote: There's plenty of good places in Swan St that charge nothing to get in and where you can meet up with others so that's where we'll be headed.
You may have lots of company  ;-)
Wonder which will become the un-official Storm fans After Party venue  ;D
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

15th of February and so far 31 votes.

22 no votes
8 maybes/not sure

And a long last 1 yes vote

Matt, the true supporters have spoken!
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

but but we did research & we have over 3,000 members already  :twisted:
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

That comment really started to annoy me, it was like he was programmed to say that response.  I would like to know where they did this research and with what members.  Usually, when you speak to other Storm fans, you can find someone who was spoken to or knows someone who was asked.  I have asked people at the forum, the cricket match and Storm fans I know personally and I have yet to find anyone who was "researched" about membership. I think Matt should just be honest and call it marketing.
Hailstorm
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

glennb wrote: That comment really started to annoy me, it was like he was programmed to say that response.  I would like to know where they did this research and with what members.  Usually, when you speak to other Storm fans, you can find someone who was spoken to or knows someone who was asked.  I have asked people at the forum, the cricket match and Storm fans I know personally and I have yet to find anyone who was "researched" about membership. I think Matt should just be honest and call it marketing.
I'm pretty sure one part of the research was from an online survey done last year. Those who get the email
updates from the club are the likely ones to have got the link to it. I know I got it at least the past 2 years.
Not sure if there was any other research completed and in relation to 'reserved area' i don't recall anything
about it other than a question about renewing/upgrading/downgrading for the following season. I was a
reserved area member last year and have now downgraded because they didn't offer the same membership
type for 2010.
steaming stormer
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

well, in the end we decided to get one.  Have had a lot of fun at these over the years, and figure it's worth a look at the new stadium too! (even if it is expensive!)
Wasn't sure, but talked one of our non member mates into joining, and he wanted after party too, so why not. 
Storming our way to glory!

[img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a173/hocko123/makybebanner.jpg[/img]
Rose Madder
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Its a no from me,If going to "the after party" was like it used to be,then maybe I would consider it,but I dont see much point in paying $90.00 on top of an already hefty hike in memberships,to be treated like cattle!!
The survey they did was very intrusive of members financial situations and I think they have based their prices on those answers ,but I am sure the average family cannot afford that AND that is what they are banking on. This after party is so restricted to numbers ,that they dont want every body turning up so they have priced it out of your reach, it is going to be so exclusive shortly and that is just the way they want it!!!
They have kept the best seats in the house close to their chest in case they need them,and then they can sell them at top dollar when they think there is going to be a big crowd,they are not letting members have them when they can make a killing on them are they ?
I am so disappointed in this club at the moment,and someone touched on the fact that Matt sounded like a wind up doll,yes you are right he certainly did,and had a stock standard answer for everything,and the most annoying one was..there isnt a bad seat in the stadium ,I would like to be the judge of that given half the chance. They have gambled on the fact that the Melbourne supporters are so eager to get into this new stadium that they will buy something sight unseen, and that is exactly what we have done. They have more or less dictated where we are going to sit ,and that is where they want us, filling up the side of the stadium that will be shown on tele, bugger what is best for us.Now me along with probably 95% of supporters am going along to see the best team in the country,and I give that team 100% of my support...But Not The Club...not any more
[b]Who Dares Wins!!![/b]
changalanga
Squall
Squall

I have renewed my membership this year,including 4 afterparty memberships.yes it was expensive and yes i dont like that i had to buy it extra to my membership but i love the afterparty,obviously not everyone agrees,but everytime i have been even  when we lost i have enjoyed myself,talking to the usual  suspects[freinds] and the under 20s and the senior players is fantastic,my son loves to be able to meet the players and talk to them and get pics,and he usually brings a mate with him as well,and to see the look on their faces when they get to meet their heros is priceless.so if that still happens this year im happy to pay even though my credit card doesnt like it,also if my friends from the last 3 years dont buy afterparty memberships im sure i will catch up with them either at the game,or at the finals, an in the meantime, i will make new friends at this years  afterparty because storm supporters are the friendliest people around and most ive found love to have a chat about all sorts of things,so i might be in the minority and broker than some because of the after party but i wouldnt miss it for the world.
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

steaming stormer wrote: well, in the end we decided to get one.  Have had a lot of fun at these over the years, and figure it's worth a look at the new stadium too! (even if it is expensive!)
Wasn't sure, but talked one of our non member mates into joining, and he wanted after party too, so why not. 
Could be quite roomy there judging on the latest email from the club.

Looks like they haven't sold all of the 500 After Party Memberships and from reading on here and elsewhere it sounds like there'll be a few that have bought that won't make it to every AP.
There's plenty of entertainment, and selected Storm players will be in attendence after every home game. Due to limited capacity in the Storm's cafe function area at AAMI Park, only 500 spaces are available. So get in quick before they're all snapped up!
So much for their research.  :lol:
CooperCronk
Monsoon
Monsoon

I hope the Storm review the after party price for next year.  Its obvisiously too expensive for most supporters otherwise the quota would have been filled for this year.
$50 for a family and say $35 for a single member would be more welcome.

I bet they change it for next year.
Hailstorm
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Just wanted to warn people who have purchased the After Party membership. As part of
the membership those who bought it will be well aware of the keyring provided which you
will use to gain entry to the event. Having arrived in a nice little protective box you may
think there is some quality in the keyring. Don't be fooled. I have had mine for roughly
2 weeks now (maybe a tad more) and mine has already come apart not once but twice,
the second time 3 days after I had tightened the little screws holding it together. Luckily
for me I noticed the main locket thingy fall to the floor (once in the street and once in my
car). I've now taken it off my keys and will just need to remember to bring it to each game.
I recommend others do the same because you WILL lose it. Its a shame because I don't
mind it but there will be issues if its lost.

Anyway, as I said, I just wanted to warn people.
Buzz
Site Slave
Site Slave

I know it was after a loss and all that, but I seriously thought the after party was poorly attending both by "players" and supporters. Drinks at bar prices? I bought a 375ml can of bourbon and coke from one of the grounds bars for $9. For an amazing $8 I got a 340ml glass with a shot of bourbon and post-mix coke which I then had to pour into a plastic cup if I wanted to go outside on the balcony. Knowing that premixed drinks are more expensive that straight shots and post-mix coke I think I was completely dudded by that!

Picture tells the story of the crowd. Or maybe it doesn't Actually looks like some people in the crowd! :)
Attachments
Mobile Pictures 175.jpg