2010 memberships

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

Storm_rhinos, if the interactive seating view on the Storm website is accurate then bay 27 looks pretty small compared to the other bays. Look at the view from the eastern stand on the half way line.
jellyhead
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

storm_rhinos wrote: got my premiers membership yesterday and they said that it was unlikely i would get bay 27 thought it was all taken - but i find that hard to believe - if a bay holds 500-1000 and 2000 memberships have been sold then it would mean nearly all have been premium sales and i find that hard to believe. We have changed from 2 aingle adult memberships to one family, so i wonder if that will put us ddown the pecking order for seat assignment? (i.e. will the child be considered a new member and therefore further down the list according to seat assignment priority?)

I would have thought from 2000 memberships maybe 20% might be premium ......
I'm sorry but what?  You already have your membership?  Or do you mean your membership renewal? 
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

Week 1: 1,416 ticketed memberships sold
Week 2: 1,448 ticketed memberships sold

CaptainKlutz
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

May I cautiously add that this may be seen as a not "a great endorsement" of the new seating/pricing structure.
[b]Making movies, signing songs and fight'n round the world.[/b]

Dose chess dip Err?
steaming stormer
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Good work by the Sharks just on the quiet - after their form last year to have already sold more memberships is quite a good effort.  Yes, it is a low number, but still - improvement is improvement
Storming our way to glory!

[img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a173/hocko123/makybebanner.jpg[/img]
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Yes ! The Hobbits in the Shire must be getting extra pocket money.  :lol:

Seriously though they took a kickin' last season,so it's great to see their fans get behind them  =D>
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
pauliedude
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

CaptainKlutz wrote:
May I cautiously add that this may be seen as a not "a great endorsement" of the new seating/pricing structure.
I only just got my membership last night and I just picked GA (Storm Spirit). I was totally clueless what package to buy.
I think alot of people are the same and therefore the numbers are down. For now! I hope.
I am not a fan of reserved seat, much prefer reserved area. Its a pity the "walk ups" section cant be purchased as a reserved area membership, just like the eastern stand at OP. Atleast then if your friends rock up then theres a good chance everyone can sit together, plus if people with reserved seats dont turn up it looks rubbish.
StormFront
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

So what happened to the 5,000 memberships they were sprouting about at the forum????

Not processed yet, people withdrew, were they counting arms and legs not people ????

I do hope the numbers pick up but so many people are just not happy with the new structure.
Lets Party Like Its 1999....
The Storm 1999, 2007, 2009, 2011

StormFront......
routy21
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Melbourne Storm charging into March
NRL Fri, 19 Feb 2010 10:44:00 

Melbourne Storm normally make their charge in September, now they are making a historic push in February and players and officials couldn’t be happier.

Breaking records is nothing new for the club, but even they are surprised at the rate of memberships being taken up by fans.

The Storm are averaging 220 memberships per day since they went on sale only 19 days ago, and currently boast 4217 members.

While the club is in England chasing World Club Championship glory, finishing touches are being added to their state-of-the-art new home ground, Melbourne Rectangular Stadium.

The new ground will ensure a world class facility for players, members and sponsors alike.

The Storm are pleased by the amount of new people joining the club for 2010, with over 1,100 new Members already pledged their loyalty to the Storm.

Storm halfback Cooper Cronk says the club is well placed heading into their title defence.

“Coming off the Premiership and heading into the new stadium, its really great to see all the members getting behind us for 2010,” Cronk said.

http://www.nrl.com/newsviews/latestnews ... fault.aspx
steaming stormer
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

that's a huge result!!!
Storming our way to glory!

[img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a173/hocko123/makybebanner.jpg[/img]
Hailstorm
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

1,100 is a lot of new members thats for sure. Much more than I would've expected at this time of year.
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

Hailstorm wrote: 1,100 is a lot of new members thats for sure. Much more than I would've expected at this time of year.
I don't think it's that unexpected, the reverse is how many existing members are downgrading or not renewing. What will the nett result be, more or less members? And how many of the 4,217 are ticketed members?

I'm sure Tigger will back me up on this, when Storm moved to Docklands they gained quite a few new members, but they lost quite a few as well. A few new members will have joined due to the better stadium, however a few aren't renewing because they preferred the atmosphere at OP and are sick of the treatment from the admin side.
VIC
Squall
Squall

TOO MANY WHINGERS ON THESE BLOGS!!!!
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Stop whinging Vic.
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

VIC wrote: TOO MANY WHINGERS ON THESE BLOGS!!!!
threads*
[align=center][b]DAILY TELEGRAPH FANTASY COMPETITION:
THE BAI STAND[/b] (LEAGUE CODE: 867370)[/align]