2010 memberships

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Scooter wrote:

In my opinion I think they have the allocation of number of seats to various packages incorrect (ie too many allocated to Premiers and Champions and not enough to Storm Neighbourhood).

Based on the above I have two fears:
- 1 There will be a considerable number of empty seats in the Premiers Club membership area because of the amount of seats allocated to this area and the cost of the tickets. This will not look good particularly on TV and will mean that there could be large gaps between groups of supporters.
- 2 There will be people who want to purchase Storm neighbourhood memberships who will be told sorry all the tickets in those areas have been sold. This will force them to either upgrade to Champions club if they can afford it, downgrade to general admission or worst still maybe not renew their membership.

This is just my opinion and despite my feelings above I will be renewing my membership. Go the Storm in 2010.

You make some valid points there Scooter, it won't be a good look with empty seats if they don't sell what they've allocated in the premiers club membership. The only thing i think they could do to avoid that if it happens is to sell tickets from the middle bays out (which i'm sure they'll do anyway) and whatever's left that isn't sold they'll just seel them as category A tickets for each game to the public. At least then even if they aren't taken up by memberships they'll still have the chance to fill them.

Another thing i found a bit odd which maybe has already been mentioned is that looking on the seating chart, bay 24 and 30 on the western side (in front of the 10 metre line) are classed as premiers club membership. Yet the exact same bays directly opposite on the eastern side in bays 3 and 9 on the 10 metre line are classed as champions club members which are $95 cheaper for essentially the same seat just on the other side.

I dont know why they did it that way, surely you'd think either bays 24 and 30 would've been made into champions club or 3 and 9 made into premiers club to make both sides uniform wouldn't you? Either way if we end up with bay 24 or 30 we won't be staying there and spending $430 to sit on the 10m line. If that's the case i'd much rather fork out $180 and go back to general as we have for 12 years.
steaming stormer
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

the difference may be the benches and that, meaning a slightly inferior view to the Western side??
Storming our way to glory!

[img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a173/hocko123/makybebanner.jpg[/img]
Michael :P
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I would think the differecne is simply down to the bays on western seats being next to the player tunnels.
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

im sorry but this bullshit about people helping no matter what is just a load of rubbish.

some fans might not be in the best economical standing right now and there is no obligation to become a member if you cannot or deem it unnecessary to spend money on it.

many fans would rather spend ther money on the essentials for their families or themselfs.

this stuff about being a 'true fan' is not judged on how long youve been a member, or for how long youve supported them. its about turning up whenever u can to watch them play, its not measured in how much money you spend on the club.

i see no rational reason for someone who lives outside of melbourne to buy an overpriced interstate membership when it does not entitle you to included tickets

this was in reply to CooperCronk
[align=center][b]DAILY TELEGRAPH FANTASY COMPETITION:
THE BAI STAND[/b] (LEAGUE CODE: 867370)[/align]
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Super Cronk wrote: Just reading through the package i got today...and noticed something i didnt when i read it online a few weeks back...the interstate package doesnt come with tickets!!! wtf. The only reason last years seemed worth it was because of the 2 tickets....other-wise i would have paid for a lanyard and membership card (which had the wrong membership number and they never sent me the new one), a pin and privleges to get onto the "special" section on the website  WHICH WASNT EVEN COMPLETED  untill the end of the season...fmd i really want to join and help out but if all $80 is gunna get is some plastic then i may have to skip it this year :(
Why not go for the Country membership, you get 5 tickets ?
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Noa Nandruku wrote: I would think the differecne is simply down to the bays on western seats being next to the player tunnels.

are the players tunnels anywhere near the general admission seats?????????? i wanna sit near the tunnels
SOMEONE'S GOTTA MAKE THE HISTORY BOOKS IT MIGHT AS WELL BE US

2014 BAI STAND TIPPING CHAMP
Super Cronk
Site Manager
Site Manager

CooperCronk wrote:
Super Cronk wrote: Just reading through the package i got today...and noticed something i didnt when i read it online a few weeks back...the interstate package doesnt come with tickets!!! wtf. The only reason last years seemed worth it was because of the 2 tickets....other-wise i would have paid for a lanyard and membership card (which had the wrong membership number and they never sent me the new one), a pin and privleges to get onto the "special" section on the website  WHICH WASNT EVEN COMPLETED  untill the end of the season...fmd i really want to join and help out but if all $80 is gunna get is some plastic then i may have to skip it this year :(

If you really want to join and help the Storm you would, no matter what.
Yeah because i dont have a life and can just throw money away  :roll:

And i agree with nacho. I love the club as much as someone that has attended EVERY single game and pays the highest amount for memberships.
Last edited by Anonymous on Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[img]http://img184.imageshack.us/img184/7238/stormef5.gif[/img]

[b]PROUD MELBOURNE STORM SUPPORTER[/b]
Taliesin
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Noa Nandruku wrote: Why not go for the Country membership, you get 5 tickets ?
Think these are ONLY on sale for people with a Victorian address  ???
Super Cronk
Site Manager
Site Manager

Yeah thats 5 tickets for HOME games?. no way in hell i can afford to get to melbourne that many times a year...

Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

Super Cronk wrote: Yeah thats 5 tickets for HOME games?. no way in hell i can afford to get to melbourne that many times a year...
I think the point is that the country membership option is a cheaper option than the interstate membership when you allow for access to up to 5 home games.

$95 as opposed to $80. A home game ticket (cheapest option using adult ticket prices) bought individually is $25. So if you can get to at least one home game then it's already better value, two or more games and it's even better value.
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

After giving the other 15 NRL clubs a massive head start the Storm have bolted out of the blocks selling 1,416 ticketed memberships in just one week. By the end of this week we could well have exceeded at least 4 or more interstate clubs.

http://www.nrl.com/newsviews/latestnews ... fault.aspx
CooperCronk
Monsoon
Monsoon

Super Cronk wrote:
CooperCronk wrote:
Super Cronk wrote: Just reading through the package i got today...and noticed something i didnt when i read it online a few weeks back...the interstate package doesnt come with tickets!!! wtf. The only reason last years seemed worth it was because of the 2 tickets....other-wise i would have paid for a lanyard and membership card (which had the wrong membership number and they never sent me the new one), a pin and privleges to get onto the "special" section on the website  WHICH WASNT EVEN COMPLETED  untill the end of the season...fmd i really want to join and help out but if all $80 is gunna get is some plastic then i may have to skip it this year :(

If you really want to join and help the Storm you would, no matter what.
Yeah because i dont have a life and can just throw money away  :roll:

And i agree with nacho. I love the club as much as someone that has attended EVERY single game and pays the highest amount for memberships.
I am sure you love the club and I was probably too hasty in posting what I did.
It was something I would do and shouldn't assume other people feel the same way..so sorry :)
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Surandy wrote:
Super Cronk wrote: Yeah thats 5 tickets for HOME games?. no way in hell i can afford to get to melbourne that many times a year...
I think the point is that the country membership option is a cheaper option than the interstate membership when you allow for access to up to 5 home games.

$95 as opposed to $80. A home game ticket (cheapest option using adult ticket prices) bought individually is $25. So if you can get to at least one home game then it's already better value, two or more games and it's even better value.
That was my point.

Does anyone know if the tickets are sent to you or can you pick up more then one at a time. Would be good if so, then you can use one on a freind.
Super Cronk
Site Manager
Site Manager

Last year they were sent out.

And yeah i get you re: the country membership...im definately coming down this year so ill check it out.

storm_rhinos
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

got my premiers membership yesterday and they said that it was unlikely i would get bay 27 thought it was all taken - but i find that hard to believe - if a bay holds 500-1000 and 2000 memberships have been sold then it would mean nearly all have been premium sales and i find that hard to believe. We have changed from 2 aingle adult memberships to one family, so i wonder if that will put us ddown the pecking order for seat assignment? (i.e. will the child be considered a new member and therefore further down the list according to seat assignment priority?)

I would have thought from 2000 memberships maybe 20% might be premium ......
"Don't mistake lack of talent for genius"
"Fortune favours the brave, stand tall Storm your time is now. Go hard, go Storm!! "