Dallas Going?

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
storm_rhinos
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Amazing that you believe the sun, quite honestly the worse paper for 'news' ever. Funny that if this was true that its not on the superleague web site, the storm website of even the Catalan dragons site! He may be going but i dont think its happened yet
"Don't mistake lack of talent for genius"
"Fortune favours the brave, stand tall Storm your time is now. Go hard, go Storm!! "
Himitsu Arashi
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

After checking 4 French RL forums,(Catalans offical + 3 independents) I only came up with one,(1) recent item re : Dallas Johnson & that was quoting  the Sun article :
MEANWHILE Catalans have signed the Melbourne Storm tackling machine Dallas Johnson for 2010. The 25-year-old loose-forward replaces Jason Ryles, who is joining Sydney Roosters.
Made me laugh that one poster questioned if DJ was what the needed in their team ? citing two other players they already had to cover his position  :?
Sounds good, but is LF the position we need filled? I assume Bird will not be with us next year, but with Mounis and Fakir able to play LF (Mounis' pref position no?) then I do wonder why this is the area to look at.
C'est totalement insensé  :roll:
boku no naka de jiku ni natteiku mono ga
僕の中で軸になっていくものが
I love Cooper
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

LMAO!!!! They have no idea!
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

for thost that havent read... its official dallas has gotten a premature release from his contract
Storm agree to release Johnson
Thursday, 12 November 2009
Melbourne Storm has today agreed to a request from Dallas Johnson’s management to grant the premiership-winning lock a premature release from his contract.

Johnson will play for Catalan in the Super League from 2010
Johnson, who has been an integral part of one of the most successful team’s in National Rugby League history, will join English Super League club, Catalans, from next year.
Johnson reluctantly sought a release from the Storm after Catalans, known as the Dragons, put together a three-year deal that proved enough to convince him to shift to France in 2010.
Dual Premiership player Johnson described the decision to shift to the northern hemisphere as the toughest of his career.
“The Storm, as a club, has meant so much to me,” said Johnson, who has played in the last four State of Origin series’ for Queensland.
“This was without doubt the toughest decision of my career.
“I made my debut in Storm colours, represented Queensland and Australia while playing for them, and have made some life-long friends.
“Storm members and supporters are the most devoted in rugby league and I want them to know that I am indebted for the support they have shown me throughout my career.
“But there are other areas of life I want to explore and living abroad and travelling is absolutely up there on the list.
“The opportunity to continue my rugby league career with the security of a long-term deal and in such a beautiful part of the world was one that I couldn’t refuse.
“I’m now looking forward to making a new start in France and experiencing living overseas.”
Melbourne CEO Brian Waldron joined the club’s head coach, Craig Bellamy, in lauding Johnson’s contribution to the Storm.
“It’s with a heavy heart that we’ve agreed to the release request,” said Waldron.
“Dallas has been an integral part of our playing roster since making his debut in 2003.
“His outstanding record speaks for itself and his contribution to the club was recognized when he was awarded Life Membership in 2008.
“His selfless approach has been integral to our success and his leadership on and off the field will be greatly missed.
“This is a great opportunity for Dallas and his wife, Mel, and as a club we would never stand in the way of such a great life experience that awaits.
“He departs with our absolute best wishes and sincere thanks.”
Bellamy, who made his debut as coach on the same night Johnson played his first NRL game, described the hard-hitting lock, previously contracted until the end of 2011, as the toughest rugby league player he has seen.
“For a guy his size, to do what he does on the field, week after week, is simply incredible,” said Bellamy.
“He’s the toughest player I have ever seen.
“He’s a popular guy amongst the players and he will be missed by all.”
[align=center][b]DAILY TELEGRAPH FANTASY COMPETITION:
THE BAI STAND[/b] (LEAGUE CODE: 867370)[/align]
CooperCronk
Monsoon
Monsoon

Even though most of us suspected he was leaving, it was still really sad to read that he's signed with the Dragons in France.

Going to miss you so much DJ  :'(
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

DJ the Enforcer! So sad that he is going. Best of luck to him, glad to see he is going to another frontier side with the Catalans.
STORM 2007
Squall
Squall

Good luck DJ a massive loss but we wish him well at the Catalans  :(
gothestorm
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

I don't think we will win the Premiership without him. He is that important.  :(
scriptyx
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

gothestorm wrote: I don't think we will win the Premiership without him. He is that important.  :(
haha your posts get dumber by the day...we have replaced many great players with players who are in better in the past...he will be missed I was at his first game and he has been one of my fav players....sad to see him go...may you should move to France to go the eagles/broncos..
singlemalt
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

gothestorm wrote: I don't think we will win the Premiership without him. He is that important.  :(
I would love to have the time to go back through your posts over the last 4 years to see just how many times you have said we have no chance of the finals .....

DJ is a big loss, but we have proven again and again that Storm are not a one trick pony .... we have the talent to replace him, the suppport in the positions around him and the best damn coach in the world who will adapt the play to suit.

Melbourne Storm, premiers 2010
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

singlemalt wrote:
I would love to have the time to go back through your posts over the last 4 years to see just how many times you have said we have no chance of the finals .....

DJ is a big loss, but we have proven again and again that Storm are not a one trick pony .... we have the talent to replace him, the suppport in the positions around him and the best damn coach in the world who will adapt the play to suit.

Melbourne Storm, premiers 2010

AMEN....brother ! ;D ;D ;D ;D
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time