World Club Challenge (One more time with feeling...)

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Michael :P
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I think you'll find whoe-ever doesnt play in the all-star game will go to england.

So GI and Billy will probably play in Australia and Cooper,Cam and Finchy will go to England.
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

Noa Nandruku wrote: I think you'll find whoe-ever doesnt play in the all-star game will go to england.

So GI and Billy will probably play in Australia and Cooper,Cam and Finchy will go to England.
Cam as Aussie Vice Captain gets an automatic start in the All Star game (and don't get me started on the idiocy of that concept).
So most likely Greg will play for the "home" side, and Smith and Slater will play for the "invaders".
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
Michael :P
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

TC wrote:
Noa Nandruku wrote: I think you'll find whoe-ever doesnt play in the all-star game will go to england.

Cam as Aussie Vice Captain gets an automatic start in the All Star game (and don't get me started on the idiocy of that concept).
So most likely Greg will play for the "home" side, and Smith and Slater will play for the "invaders".
What idiocy is that. Its a pre-season warm up game that will engender all sorts of good publicity and income for the game while maybe inspring some kids to stay fit & healthy and make a succes of their life.

real idiotic that.
Taliesin
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

If you're NOT taking a full team to the WCC why the hell would you waste everyone's time travelling halfway round the planet ?
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

Taliesin wrote: If you're NOT taking a full team to the WCC why the hell would you waste everyone's time travelling halfway round the planet ?

As I said, managed properly and played at the end of season it could be a showpiece of the game. As it is it's a joke which most of us cannot take seriously.
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Taliesin wrote: If you're NOT taking a full team to the WCC why the hell would you waste everyone's time travelling halfway round the planet ?

It'd still be a waste of time travelling halfway around the planet with a full strength team to play in what is essentially a nothing game. That's just my opinion of course.
Super Cronk
Site Manager
Site Manager

I agree. Its nice to have another piece of metal in the trophy cabinet...but the NRL grand final is the most important thing...and we took that out. Everything after isnt really worth much.
[img]http://img184.imageshack.us/img184/7238/stormef5.gif[/img]

[b]PROUD MELBOURNE STORM SUPPORTER[/b]
Cartman_86
Squall
Squall

Super Cronk wrote: I agree. Its nice to have another piece of metal in the trophy cabinet...but the NRL grand final is the most important thing...and we took that out. Everything after isnt really worth much.

I've always said that once the WCC is played in Australia, I will take it seriously! The only reason why the UK clubs love it is cause it gives them 'bragging' rights over NRL clubs. However the concept is seriously flawed. The Superleague has already begin and the NRL is another few weeks away from commencing. In terms of fielding a side, I would take over a heap of youngsters and give them some experience. One thing bout the UK crowds is that they create a very very intimidating atmosphere and it would be very helpful for the youngsters to get some experience IMO
STORM 2007
Squall
Squall

What's annoying is when you get the idiots over here in England building it up to be a real showpiece and when they win they came its a victory for Super League not taking into account the various circumstances. I'am also under the opinion that if your coming so many miles, you take your strongest squad and you win.
bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I'm thinking
1.Widdop
2.Nielsen
3.Stanley
4.Quinn
5.Duffie
6.Finch
7.Kelly
8.Tolman
9.Hinchcliffe
10.Kite
11.Manu
12.Blair
13.Vea

Then fill the bench with some players in need of match experience.
"Better to have Won then Lost, than to have never won at all" Arrogant, but true hahahaha
[img]http://lh5.ggpht.com/_LHg6T-6fC3I/S9VsrfFCLPI/AAAAAAAACeQ/RYZD1XBQI7A/redemption.jpg[/img]
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

i would love to see bulas proposed team, what harm could arise from sending a bunch of young blokes to get first hand experience against quality opposition in a game that wont matter if we lose
[align=center][b]DAILY TELEGRAPH FANTASY COMPETITION:
THE BAI STAND[/b] (LEAGUE CODE: 867370)[/align]
STORM 2007
Squall
Squall

That side would get smashed, it would be embarrassing and not good for their confidence at all.
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

Noa Nandruku wrote:
What idiocy is that. Its a pre-season warm up game that will engender all sorts of good publicity and income for the game while maybe inspring some kids to stay fit & healthy and make a succes of their life.
Don't get me wrong, I like the concept of the game.
What I don't like are:
- the timing
- the eligibility criteria
- the selection methodology
Taliesin
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

STORM 2007 wrote: That side would get smashed, it would be embarrassing and not good for their confidence at all.
Unfortunately 90% of the posters here don't care if we send an inexperienced team that will get smashed  :icon_frown:
Better not to send a team at all & revert to the old mind set : ie = Rugby league only belongs in NSW & QLD 
:evil:
CooperCronk
Monsoon
Monsoon

Taliesin wrote:
STORM 2007 wrote: That side would get smashed, it would be embarrassing and not good for their confidence at all.
Unfortunately 90% of the posters here don't care if we send an inexperienced team that will get smashed  :icon_frown:
Better not to send a team at all & revert to the old mind set : ie = Rugby league only belongs in NSW & QLD 
:evil:
Lets just send anyone that available and fit to play and smash those Poms :D