Anyone flying home on Sunday night?

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
On The Hill
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

Hi people,

There's a few of us who are getting the last QF flight home on the Sunday night.

Just wondering if there is anyone out there that is doing this too (I assume there is) that has a plan on how to get from ground to the airport? We have a few ideas but would be happy to hear what others are planning.

Thanks
Hailstorm
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

I missed a flight once before after a Grand Final and decided I would never again make plans
to depart the night of.

Good luck to anyone who is with you on this or any other later flights.
tugga
Monsoon
Monsoon

Shouldn't be too difficult. Just catch a train from the stadium to Central and then hop on the airport bound train. If the game finishes at 7pm, presuming you hang around for an hour afterwards to celebrate, you can get to the airport in plenty of time.
2012 premiers. Legit.
mrpc
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Get the train.  Once you are at Central, trains to the airport are every 15 minutes at that time on a Sunday night (08, 23, 38 and 53 past the hour).  They leave from Platform 22 and/or 23.

Oh, and remember, your ticket includes travel on the trains but it does not include the gate pass charge on any of the privately owned stations (except for Homebush Bay Station itself).  You have to pay the attendant at the airport station to get in and out of the station when you already have a ticket.  There are attendants both inside and outside the paid area.

There is also a "Gate Pass" option on the touch screen ticket vending machines.

A single gate pass (for one entry or exit) is something like $12 (compared with $15 for a ticket from the Airport to Central)

However, if you are both flying in and flying out on the same day, you can ask for a weekly gate pass.  It costs less than two singles from what I've been told, and it's used by airport workers so they can buy a travelpass or a weekly and not have to pay $120 a week just in gate passes.  If you are flying up and back on the Sunday, and you have your game ticket, ask about the weekly gate pass option when you arrive on Sunday.  It might be worth it if it still exists.
Stormin North Queanbeyan!
Cartman_86
Squall
Squall

On The Hill wrote: Hi people,

There's a few of us who are getting the last QF flight home on the Sunday night.

Just wondering if there is anyone out there that is doing this too (I assume there is) that has a plan on how to get from ground to the airport? We have a few ideas but would be happy to hear what others are planning.

Thanks

My flight back into Melbourne is at 10:10. If memory serves me correctly, once you get to Central, its only one, maybe two stops to Sydney domestic. Fairly certain that there will be trains from Homebush going direct to Central.
mrpc
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Cartman_86 wrote: My flight back into Melbourne is at 10:10. If memory serves me correctly, once you get to Central, its only one, maybe two stops to Sydney domestic.
Three Stops (Central - Green Square - Mascot - Domestic)
Cartman_86 wrote: Fairly certain that there will be trains from Homebush going direct to Central.
Yes.  Many.

It'll be a noteworthy hike from Platforms 1-15 where the trains from Homebush Bay (nb: not Homebush) to Central will terminate, all the way over to Platforms 22-23 where the airport trains leave, but nothing major.
Stormin North Queanbeyan!
Cartman_86
Squall
Squall

mrpc wrote:
Cartman_86 wrote: My flight back into Melbourne is at 10:10. If memory serves me correctly, once you get to Central, its only one, maybe two stops to Sydney domestic.
Three Stops (Central - Green Square - Mascot - Domestic)
Cartman_86 wrote: Fairly certain that there will be trains from Homebush going direct to Central.
Yes.  Many.

It'll be a noteworthy hike from Platforms 1-15 where the trains from Homebush Bay (nb: not Homebush) to Central will terminate, all the way over to Platforms 22-23 where the airport trains leave, but nothing major.

Thank you very much mrpc. Most appreciated.
On The Hill
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

Thanks all. Looks like the train is the way

Cheers