Official thread and signing news

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Mstorm1999
Squall
Squall

How long is jack howarth signed up for?

Heard good things about him but never actually watched any videos of him play until today and man this guy has got some potential, looks like a future star.

Hope we don’t let another side poach him from us.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Pretty sure it’s something like 2023
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Really hoping the rumours that we're after Woods are wrong - just can't see him helping is at all
Itzbek the Purple
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Mattpoet wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 5:35 pm Really hoping the rumours that we're after Woods are wrong - just can't see him helping is at all
Not greatly enhanced by the statement that Rothfield, saying he hadn't contacted the Storm to actually check it before broadcasting it.
Shuttlesworth99
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Itzbek the Purple wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 5:55 pm
Mattpoet wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 5:35 pm Really hoping the rumours that we're after Woods are wrong - just can't see him helping is at all
Not greatly enhanced by the statement that Rothfield, saying he hadn't contacted the Storm to actually check it before broadcasting it.
Funny - forward depth isn’t too bad.

He wouldn’t crack the 17 in finals
Kettles
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Aaron Woods? The only good thing is, he’d come cheap.

Frankly, we have an ordinary straight line bash into the line merchant in Jesse Bromwich. Bloody hell, remember when he really could play?

Aaron Woods we can certainly do without.
Premiers
Squall
Squall

Aaron Woods??!! That is some sort of sick lima lima lima duck joke
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I actually don't mind Aaron Woods. He will be a depth signing a bit like Ricky Leutele last year.

If we have a spot left on the list I would prefer signing an experienced prop than someone from Queensland Cup who has hardly played the last two years because of COVID-19.

Woods is not going to get picked ahead of NAS, Welch, J Brom and Tui etc. He will be there for injury/ suspension cover.
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Given the nature of acts worthy of a suspension this year, I am not opposed to Sharon Woods as depth. But I certainly hate the brand of footy he plays at the sharks, grubby to make up for lack of talent.
Bullucked
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

nacho wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 10:26 am Given the nature of acts worthy of a suspension this year, I am not opposed to Sharon Woods as depth. But I certainly hate the brand of footy he plays at the sharks, grubby to make up for lack of talent.
I thought his name was Aaron Backwards
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Noraa? He did have a haircut that looked like Dora the explorer for a while so maybe 😂
Shuttlesworth99
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Coates and Brenko swap. Would have liked that…
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-pr ... 17e98107fc

Xavier Coates/Brenko Lee – Coates and Lee swap places next year, with the PNG and Maroons winger heading to Melbourne. With George Jennings sidelined Melbourne have reportedly asked about the chance of getting him early. Lee has yet to play in 2021.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Makes sense for both clubs... Has it been shot down? Or still a possibility?
Itzbek the Purple
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

yourhero wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 5:08 pm Makes sense for both clubs... Has it been shot down? Or still a possibility?
Shut down by Brisbane