Official thread and signing news

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Pole
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

ALX22 wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 12:40 pm
Pezet, 18, is a halfback whose father, Troy, played 28 NRL games for South Queensland Crushers and Parramatta, while Tivalu is a 22-year-old front-rower who played his junior rugby league with the Souths Logan Magpies.
Mate this is exciting that we have a South Queensland Crusher link in the club now! Almost as good as signing a former Crusher!
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

We did, Aaron moule played for the crushers
RobbieRoss
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

yourhero wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 8:29 am How bitter is Paul Kent on Cameron Smith? :lol:

The pure hate in Kent's voice every time he talks about Smith on NRL360 is hilarious. I rarely watch it anymore (Kent, Hooper, Crawley the primary reasons), but I still catch the occasional clips when talking about the Storm.
The bitterness in Kent’s voice and demeanour was extraordinary and wholly unprofessional . He sounded not like an unbiased journalist but a bitter old NSWRL halfback who played one first grade game and is incredibly jealous at a player who is so far better than Kent could ever dream to be.

Kent’s criticism seems to be based on some weird idea that Cameron’s delaying of his decision is inconvenient for other clubs who want to know if they can get Brandon or Harry or indeed Cameron, and that somehow Cameron owes something to those other clubs. Totally preposterous.
Pole
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Mattpoet wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 2:13 pm We did, Aaron moule played for the crushers
HOW COULD I FORGET!!!

(I love the gimmick value of the Crushers, and I used to play with them on ARL '96 as I didn't want to play with any rival clubs)
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Pezet is 18 and a halfback

Sigh I guess Cooper won’t be staying then or will sign at half behind Jehrome
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

It's a development deal. Doesn't mean anything.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Fascinated to know where we view Hynes long term (if he stays). Could easily have a first grade gig at a few clubs.

Wonder if not knowing where the salary cap will be over the next few years is why we've only got these guys on 1 year deals. Feel like Schonig will be our next young forward we're grooming.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I could be very wrong here - but I am getting the sense that not only will Cameron Smith stay at the Storm, he will sign a two year deal... I hope that hunch turns out to be true as I feel we are always a much better team with him in it, steering us around. Bring on CAM450.
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

yourhero wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 4:09 pm I could be very wrong here - but I am getting the sense that not only will Cameron Smith stay at the Storm, he will sign a two year deal... I hope that hunch turns out to be true as I feel we are always a much better team with him in it, steering us around. Bring on CAM450.
Does that mean both Harry and Brando leave the Club...or is everyone being super sensible and realising that the chance of playing first grade at Storm in whatever position is a shit load better than playing at 12 other clubs ?
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Feel like the club isn't going to let Harry Grant leave. I don't know how that happens if Smith stays.
Lucas
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

yourhero wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 4:09 pm I could be very wrong here - but I am getting the sense that not only will Cameron Smith stay at the Storm, he will sign a two year deal... I hope that hunch turns out to be true as I feel we are always a much better team with him in it, steering us around. Bring on CAM450.
That's a rather specific hunch.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Lucas wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 6:45 pm
That's a rather specific hunch.
I do get the inside word on team lists from time to time, but definitely no Storm HQ intel on this one. This is 100% speculation based on a few interviews and just my own hunch. As I said, I could be way off.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Brandon’s mum has said in the last few days he isn’t going any where just thought I’d post about it as it was an interesting comment
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

sallymay wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 1:12 am Brandon’s mum has said in the last few days he isn’t going any where just thought I’d post about it as it was an interesting comment
thank you sallymay ....

When your Mum says something is or isn't happening....well that absolutely settles it :lol: :lol: :lol:
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
Pole
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

LOL, just like Cam's dad said he might retire.

NRL parents- the go to if the actual player isn't saying much.