Official thread and signing news

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone
Posts: 5115
Joined: Mon Dec 28, 2009 3:29 pm

Sun Jun 28, 2020 1:53 pm

That part I understand. It's the way he's been since he started hanging out with Latrell Mitchell that's bothered me more than anything.

The baby thing is absolutely fair enough, a baby is certainly more exciting than work.
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager
Posts: 3096
Joined: Wed Dec 03, 2003 12:59 pm
Location: Shipwrecked and comatose

Sun Jun 28, 2020 7:01 pm

sallymay wrote:
Sun Jun 28, 2020 1:04 pm
Mattpoet wrote:
Sun Jun 28, 2020 8:06 am
Me too, honestly don't want Addo-Carr here anymore, attitude has gone south fast
As much as I agree with you I think he has been distracted a bit the last few weeks with his partner being in hospital then giving birth
I had more of a problem with him being a goose on the central coast with Latrell.
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
User avatar
Storm Spirit
Monsoon
Monsoon
Posts: 1915
Joined: Mon Sep 29, 2008 11:49 am
Location: Under the Black Dot

Mon Jun 29, 2020 10:27 pm

Do we take it as fact as reported by Fox Sports News tonight that Harry Grant has a clause to remain at the Tigers in 2021 should Cam play on in 2021 ?
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
User avatar
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone
Posts: 5105
Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2007 5:09 pm

Mon Jun 29, 2020 11:12 pm

It is fact ...even Harry has said it
User avatar
Storm Spirit
Monsoon
Monsoon
Posts: 1915
Joined: Mon Sep 29, 2008 11:49 am
Location: Under the Black Dot

Mon Jun 29, 2020 11:16 pm

sallymay wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 11:12 pm
It is fact ...even Harry has said it
Oh dear.... :'(
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone
Posts: 3711
Joined: Tue May 26, 2009 9:16 pm

Tue Jun 30, 2020 6:31 am

Alex Johnston being reportedly squeezed out of Rabbitohs due to salary cap. Do we look at him as a replacement for Foxx and Suli? Or do you think his price tag would be too expensive?
User avatar
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone
Posts: 4607
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 7:27 pm
Location: Canberra, ACT

Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:51 am

Scooter wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 6:31 am
Alex Johnston being reportedly squeezed out of Rabbitohs due to salary cap. Do we look at him as a replacement for Foxx and Suli? Or do you think his price tag would be too expensive?
I would really prefer us not to have another sub-90kg winger that is ineffective in getting our sets off to a good start. I can't see us getting value out of Johnston.
User avatar
Danger D
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm
Posts: 894
Joined: Thu Jul 16, 2015 12:08 pm
Location: Living next door to Alice

Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:00 am

yourhero wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:51 am
Scooter wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 6:31 am
Alex Johnston being reportedly squeezed out of Rabbitohs due to salary cap. Do we look at him as a replacement for Foxx and Suli? Or do you think his price tag would be too expensive?
I would really prefer us not to have another sub-90kg winger that is ineffective in getting our sets off to a good start. I can't see us getting value out of Johnston.
I agree in principle, but with the way the game is moving at the moment, smaller faster guys may have more of a role to play. I thought Fox was too small to make an impact on hitups through the middle but he really punches above his weight in that regard. I think Johnston could be useful but I can't remember the last time we bought an already-developed winger who went on to have sustained success in our setup.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone
Posts: 5115
Joined: Mon Dec 28, 2009 3:29 pm

Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:08 am

Quinn is the only one I can think of
User avatar
Danger D
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm
Posts: 894
Joined: Thu Jul 16, 2015 12:08 pm
Location: Living next door to Alice

Tue Jun 30, 2020 1:10 pm

Mattpoet wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:08 am
Quinn is the only one I can think of
Yup that's a good example. In general I don't think the club puts too much value on players (especially outside backs) who have achieved success outside of our system.
Post Reply