Round 6 - Panthers vs Storm

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

Lucas wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 7:59 pm Seve, go out there and play for your career mate.
He didn't.
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
Lucas
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Why do we keep playing Seve? Sorry, but he's absolutely appalling.
Lucas
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

TC wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 9:47 pm
Lucas wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 7:59 pm Seve, go out there and play for your career mate.
He didn't.
Maybe he has something else lined up?
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I don't know what Seve was trying to do out there tonight but it was very hard to watch.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

We were always going to be on the wrong side of the decisions tonight after the week in the media and Klein with the whistle. Cleary's b.s. dive for a penalty, surely Crichton knocked on when Panthers were awarded a goal line drop out.

We didn't help ourselves, Seve is average at best (he is a little ho hum), Jacks struggled too. Not one player looked like contesting the bomb where Kikau scored easily, reminded me of GI scoring against Eels in 2009 GF.

Oh well you can't win every week.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Better team won. We just couldn’t get it done tonight.

Yeah, Seve has a shocker and probably won’t get another chance for some time.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Can’t work out why no one bothered to contest the ball that led to their try. Bit picky but Paps looked out of position there to me.

Most of the loss is on Bellamy though. Relying on two players to make perfect plays to create points can only go so far.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Jacks also unfortunately not great.

High completions from both teams and very similar stats across the board.

That one lazy effort with nobody defending that Kikau try proved the difference. Paps was a little out of position and the other outside backs looked more interested in blocking chasers than getting to the ball.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

blazza18 wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 9:54 pm Can’t work out why no one bothered to contest the ball that led to their try. Bit picky but Paps looked out of position there to me.
Beat me to it.
Insomniac
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Most games Seve is decent for us, although never really exceptional in my opinion - tonight was not one of those games for him unfortunately. Definitely the worst I've seen from him.

I don't think NAS was used very well tonight either - he was good (mostly) when he was on, but wasn't there when I felt we really needed him.

I think we also saw why Jacks is certainly not the answer at #7 for us, if we needed more evidence.

That uncontested high ball for the Panthers try was just embarrassing to watch!

+1 for another Suli brain snap as well... 🙄
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Insomniac wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 10:01 pm+1 for another Suli brain snap as well... 🙄
Just 1?

You mean trying to offload 5m out from our tryline whilst in a two person tackle wasn’t a good idea?
Storm2016
Squall
Squall

So no article on shocking penalty to Panthers against cam smith on half time
Instead their take on it is 'challenge it or go away, referee puts cam smith in his place'
Bunch of f***wits the lot of them
Insomniac
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

yourhero wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 10:06 pm
Insomniac wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 10:01 pm+1 for another Suli brain snap as well... 🙄
Just 1?

You mean trying to offload 5m out from our tryline whilst in a two person tackle wasn’t a good idea?
Yeah, that was the one I was referring to - did I forget something else?
Storm2016
Squall
Squall

So how does everyone think we are travelling

4-2 isn't too bad considering we have played 3 of the top 4 plus manly away and Cronulla who we always struggle with.
2 home games 4 away. I'm thinking considering our struggles in attack, I'll take 4-2 at the moment, but we need to improve and rebound straight away next week
Lucas
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Storm2016 wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 10:44 pm So how does everyone think we are travelling

4-2 isn't too bad considering we have played 3 of the top 4 plus manly away and Cronulla who we always struggle with.
2 home games 4 away. I'm thinking considering our struggles in attack, I'll take 4-2 at the moment, but we need to improve and rebound straight away next week
Yeah not too bad is how I see it as well. So often we're the chased, I'm looking forward to doing some chasing!