PRELIMINARY FINAL - Roosters vs Storm

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Pablo Escobar wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 1:59 pm Unfortunately the season was over the minute we were robbed against the Raiders when Klein was influenced by the NSW media all during that week.

The obvious strip where dickhead Klein ignored the other ref who had it right.
Player tackled without the ball to stop obvious match winning tries again ignored by dickhead Klein.
Player laid on to stop try again no sin bin from dickhead Klein.
Nelson dropping ball early in tackle count.
Fox dropping ball 90 seconds to go.
Mongaloid, retarded touch judge making shit up.
NRL is so fkn amateurish.

The better team lost because of that perfect storm for them. Should of been Storm v Roosters Granny.

Finish 6 points clear on top , don't even make GF...biggest waste of season ever.

Dear footy gods please let the Roosters win the GF 60-0.
In no way were we the better team in the raider storm game or the Rooster storm game ...just face it the 2 best teams are in the grand final this year

Storm is allowed to lose games it is actually allowed to happen

Good luck to both team in the final

And for the record think it won’t be close the roosters will run away with it on sunday
Insomniac
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

sallymay wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 2:30 pm In no way were we the better team in the raider storm game or the Rooster storm game ...just face it the 2 best teams are in the grand final this year
100% disagree - we were absolutely robbed in the Raiders game. Yes, we still could have won it had we not made our own mistakes at crucial times, but we were clearly the better side for the majority of that game. Without the assistance from the ref, touch judge, and Addo-Carr unfortunately, the Raiders didn't do much at all.

Also, in my opinion, the two best teams this year were clearly the Roosters and the Storm, no question. But I would rather lose to the Roosters in a prelim than in another GF, and given our spluttering attack over the last month, as well as our run with the refs in the finals, I don't think the result would have been any different had we beaten the Raiders & Rabbits and made it to the GF vs the Roosters.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

How about Cummins call in the GF to wave 6 again only to change his mind after the Raider take the tackle!???

The context of the decision amplifies how bad it actually was. Scores level, less than ten to go, Raiders parked on the Roosters line...

You can be frustrated if he makes a call and gets it wrong... but this was different. He made a call, influenced the Raiders decision to take the tackle, then changes his mind.

That call should see Cummins done with refereeing. Potentially even investigated by the Integrity Unit.

A full year of competition, ruined by an unbelievable decision on the biggest stage.

Another embarrassing day to be a RL fan.
Insomniac
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I couldn't help but smile watching it all unfold. After the terrible calls/non-calls we copped during the finals, it only seems fitting that everyone (but particularly Raiders fans) would be blowing up about terrible calls in the GF. Way to end the season NRL! :lol:
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Insomniac wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 1:35 am I couldn't help but smile watching it all unfold. After the terrible calls/non-calls we copped during the finals, it only seems fitting that everyone (but particularly Raiders fans) would be blowing up about terrible calls in the GF. Way to end the season NRL! :lol:
Yeah...there was a sense of schadenfreude about it...BUT spewing it helped the Rorters win another GF .
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

The original 6 again call was incorrect too wasn't it? Just a really bad sequence from Cummins.

No moral victories at all but the game proved even with some obvious weaknesses we were pretty close to making and winning the title this year. Very little between us and the two that played last night. Roosters ability to absorb pressure and turn up the field to score points was what separated them in the end.
Bullucked
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Can anyone tell me how Conk is being received, maybe even feted, up in Sydney town?
I watched the pre-game and it was all blah blah fairy tale crap for Cronk, now tell me what makes him so different to Cameron Smith (apart from two extra premierships)? If he was still in Melbourne would he have copped the same shitstorm Smith keeps getting?
Double standards, much?
riders of the storm
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Bullucked wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 12:27 pm Can anyone tell me how Conk is being received, maybe even feted, up in Sydney town?
I watched the pre-game and it was all blah blah fairy tale crap for Cronk, now tell me what makes him so different to Cameron Smith (apart from two extra premierships)? If he was still in Melbourne would he have copped the same shitstorm Smith keeps getting?
Double standards, much?
He’s being received as a hero basically.
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

Even before the win the Sydney media was running with he has (could win) won six grand finals. No a word mention in any story about 07 and 09 being stripped. If he was a storm player that would put that bit information in every day of the week.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Would be part of the first paragraph
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

True Mattpoet. Can someone tell me what Slater said about Storm's two stripped wins on channel nine post match coverage. Seems to be causing a "storm" we the Sydney media, they don't like it, NRL should not allow it to happen and the NRL should stop it. Did you commit murder or something?
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Bullucked wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 12:27 pm Can anyone tell me how Conk is being received, maybe even feted, up in Sydney town?
Double standards, much?
Been given life membership at the roosters after 49 games ... :pukeright: