Official thread and signing news

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
ALX22
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

He won't go. Very loyal to the system.
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

yourhero wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 6:05 pm So after 27 minutes of first grade, the Warriors are apparently offering Tino $500K per year on a 3 year deal :roll:

Been waiting 18 months for Tino to get an opportunity in the NRL. Finally gets a look in and immediately the rats start to circle.

Targeting Tino makes sense, in that he is a huge body, still young, loads of potential and has come through an excellent development system. Throwing $500K at him just reeks of lazy development/recruitment and sheer desperation.
This is the Warriors you're talking about. Probably the most underperforming team of the NRL era.
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Christian Welch said last night he was 99% sure he was staying at the storm another year ...he doesn’t want to leave and the Parra rumours are rubbish

Also a note on Joe Stimson ...he also wanted to stay in Melbourne but storm literally didn’t offer him anything for next year so had to look elsewhere
RobbieRoss
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Thanks Sallymay.

Given we are losing Joe ( self-inflicted wound by us, based on your comment ), we must hang onto Tino !
Lucas
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Staggering that we wouldn't at least offer Stimson minimum pay. Sounds like there is a fair bit more to that one.
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

Lucas wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 5:50 pm Staggering that we wouldn't at least offer Stimson minimum pay. Sounds like there is a fair bit more to that one.
Storm have done it a few times in the past; we know your market value and can't/won't meet it, so we're not going to insult you with a rubbish offer.

Also I suspect Tino is a large part (get it?) of the reason we don't have money to keep Stimmo.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Pretty much what Joe said .. he thought it was mostly to keep other younger players
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I think if we wanted Stimson we could've had him at any price. He wasn't getting any game time for us so I'm surprised he actually wanted to stay.
shorton
Squall
Squall

The spammers taking over this site are lima lima lima duck ridiculous. Do something about it NOW!!
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

shorton wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2019 12:56 pm The spammers taking over this site are *lima lima lima duck* ridiculous. Do something about it NOW!!
How about I fix the troll first?

Get back under your bridge.
RobbieRoss
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Good hit, TC ! Ball and all.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

https://www.newcastleknights.com.au/new ... se-ramien/

We could do with a good centre ...after Will Leaves
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

He absolutely schooled Scott last season and I was all in on him. Massively talented on both sides of the ball. Has had a real dodgy year for the Knights.
Insomniac
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-pr ... 9018f49138
Storm discuss Knights reject Jesse Ramien as potential Curtis Scott replacement
Source: FOX SPORTS

The Storm have reportedly discussed the possibility of signing Knights reject Jesse Ramien as a contingency plan if Curtis Scott leaves the club. Brent Read revealed Melbourne are keen on Ramien, but need to free up a place on their roster to make a serious play for the former Sharks star.

“The Storm have discussed him as well,” Read told Triple M. “Earlier in the year there was a lot of talk about what Curtis Scott might do and I don’t think the Curtis Scott issue is dead and buried. I think there is a chance that Curtis Scott might leave at the end of the year and come back to Sydney. If that happens I think Melbourne will have a good hard look at Jesse Ramien.”

Ramien is currently awaiting his next move after falling out of favour with Knights coach Nathan Brown. The 22-year-old has scored 13 tries in 38 NRL games and was being mentioned as a possible Origin bolter prior to the 2019 series. Scott was dropped earlier in the season after a horror defensive display against the Roosters, with reports surfacing he was dealing with off-field issues.

Read believes the Storm will await a decision from Scott before deciding whether to make a play at Ramien.

“They have talked about him internally, but they are not going to push ahead with it because they don’t have a spot for him and Justin Olam is doing a great job for them at the moment,” Read said. “If Curtis Scott does go, I wouldn’t be surprised if Melbourne take a look at him.

“He might be done and dusted by then because there is a handful of clubs really seriously looking at him. The Sharks, the Wests Tigers, North Queensland and Parramatta may look at him as well, so he may not be around at the end of the year or when the time comes. Melbourne have discussed him and they are not pressing ahead with it at the moment, but lets just see what happens with Curtis Scott before we put the line through them.”
Lucas
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Interesting that Ponissi has come out and denied already that we are looking at Ramien.