Official thread and signing news

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
ALX22
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

sallymay wrote:That’s funny I actually follow Daniel on insta cause he is friends with one of the wolves (my local team in melb) boys and Daniel posted the other day a photo of himself with Angelo (the wolf) outside aami Park saying it was his new home from a month...I thought he was joking but then he posted he was with The 2 other falcons boys in Melbourne so I gathered it was true
SC Daily mentions that Schonig will be coming down after Christmas to train with the Storm.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

https://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/new-z ... 839607369d

Found this interesting from the article about Shaun Johnson...
There is speculation Johnson could end up at the Roosters in 2020 with the reigning premiers looking for a replacement for Cooper Cronk when the champion playmaker retires at the end of next year.

The Roosters were linked with a bold play for Storm star Cameron Munster — but the Kangaroos five-eighth has also agreed to terms on a four-year extenstion with the Storm worth $3.6 million, beginning in 2020.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Storm announcement now please...
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Yep, be nice if that was announced already.

I wonder if we were keen on Johnson at all?
Deadpool
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

I would like us to make a play for Johnson. He’s one of my favourite players to watch. I don’t know how much cap space we have but you would think we’d have a bit considering we’ve lost a lot of players over the last two years and haven’t really replaced them with much, Cronk and Slater alone would of freed up a couple million and surely we haven’t used all that on upgrades for our younger guys.

Plus it would absolutely suck if he decides to join the Sharks or Roosters, I don’t want players I like playing for teams I hate.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Cameron Munster just announced by storm till 2023
Utha
Squall
Squall

May have been down on him over his Grand Final performance, but that is good news.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Outstanding!
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Very pumped to have that sorted. The club has made a massive investment in Munster and he now becomes the face of the club... he just needs keep his head on straight, stay focussed on the job at hand and not f*ck it up.
Danger D
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Cam Munster signed until 2023 or until such time as he requests a release for (family reasons)/(homesickness)/(celebrity girlfriend)/(pursuing NFL/NBA/MLB/NHL dream).
The contract situation with NRL players at the moment is a joke: the things aren't worth the paper they're printed on.
ALX22
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Congrats to Christian Welch and Brodie Croft on their selection in the 2019 Queensland Emerging Origin squad.
https://www.qrl.com.au/news/20182/12/17 ... announced/
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

Sandor Earl re-signed

Twitter
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Wonder where he sits in the pecking order. Tough positions to get a run in, centre and wing, we have:

Vunivalu
Addo-Carr
Scott
Chambers
Blair
Olam
Seve

At least four and possibly as many as six of these are ahead of him. Depends how Blair, Olam and Seve are viewed against Earl by the coaching staff. I know it's all speculative, but I'd like to know.
ALX22
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Former Thunderbolt Zev John has joined Redcliffe Dolphins.