2019 Melbourne Storm Logo

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

https://www.melbournestorm.com.au/news/ ... a-new-era/

Storm launch into new era

melbournestorm.com.au
Wed 17 Oct 2018

Melbourne Storm have today unveiled a new logo ahead of the 2019 season.

Created in collaboration with brand agency WiteKite, the Club is proud to unveil the new logo, which is a natural evolution of the 20-year brandmark of this season.

The progression of the brand will see Storm continue to take an exciting and innovative leap into the future.

The purple trademark remains as an unwavering reminder of what the Storm army and their city are proud to stand behind. The only NRL team to wear the colour - purple has become a symbol of unity and passion for Storm fans and Melburnians over the last 20 years.

Purple will be accompanied by Navy and Grey - a respectful nod to the past whilst embracing a bold, fresh approach to the future. While the iconic Storm Man holding the lightning bolt remain critical elements to the identity of the Club.

The new logo will feature on the Club's 2019 apparel, at Storm's AAMI Park headquarters, while membership packs will also feature the fresh look.

Melbourne Storm CEO Dave Donaghy highlighted the importance of continuing to acknowledge the Club's history while using it as a platform to drive future success.

"Always synonymous with Melbourne Storm will be purple, Storm man and the lightning bolt and that was in the forefront of our mind when determining the brandmark for 2019, following our 20-year celebration.

"The Storm mindset is simple, to be the most professional and respected sporting organisation in Australia by constantly striving to lead the way, both on and off the field. The new logo and brand will be a symbol for the entire Club to stand behind as we step collectively into the future."

The energetic, electric and fresh look will see Melbourne Storm enter 2019 and beyond with a focus on staying ahead of its competition as it continues to strive for sustained success.

yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I was a bit "meh" to begin with but it is growing on me the more I look at it.

I love the Storm man/lightning bolt and uses the great parts of the 20 year logo from last year. I also really like the position of the text "Melbourne".

The big, bold Storm text is simple but effective.
Deadpool
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

yourhero wrote:I was a bit "meh" to begin with but it is growing on me the more I look at it.
That was my reaction to it too. Still easily the best logo in the NRL
Phillip Island Storm
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

I am still a firm believer in maintaining some recognition of our history, albeit just a short 20 years and for which we have been a member for each and every one of those years. I do not like the way we discard the founding colours of our team. The purple, blue and yellow. I hope the heritage round jersey never forgets those team colours. I am not a fan of the new logo.
Insomniac
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Nope, don't like the "STORM" font at all - it is very 'meh'. Don't know why they couldn't keep the original font/style (which could be used as a simplified logo by itself), or even stick with the font from the 20 year logo.

I bet they paid a fortune to WiteKite for that too... :roll:
bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Insomniac wrote:Nope, don't like the "STORM" font at all - it is very 'meh'. Don't know why they couldn't keep the original font/style (which could be used as a simplified logo by itself), or even stick with the font from the 20 year logo.

I bet they paid a fortune to WiteKite for that too... :roll:
Yep the font was unique and themed but now it’s just plain not far off Arial in italic tbh.
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

Bleah.

I understand the idea of a 20 year celebratory thing, but this is just changing things for the sake of changing them. Not a fan.
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

This I like

Stormhunter
Squall
Squall

He's holding his hammer wrong! :)
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

The font is trash. Though I would buy the hell out of a hat with just this on it -

TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

Stormhunter wrote:He's holding his hammer wrong! :)
Not if he is planning to throw it.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I don’t love it or hate it...
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Ok, it's not our iconic logo we had for so long but at the same time I think it's contemporary and moving with the times. For me I can wear not having yellow in the logo as long as it's incorporated in the jersey which I'm sure it will be and much more important. Given the owners we have when understand more than any others how important things like that are to the fans (especially G. Ryan) I don't think the yellow will be going away anytime soon
Danger D
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

TC wrote: this is just changing things for the sake of changing them.
Agree.