QUALIFYING FINAL - Storm vs Rabbitohs

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Deadpool
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

estormboy wrote:Question for you all.

Does Cheyse Blair keep his place in the squad in 2 weeks time or does Chambers come straight back into the team at his expense?
No, Chambers comes straight back in, Scott moves back to the left side
Deadpool
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Our forward pack were outstanding this game. In particular Dale Finucane, Jesse Bromwich, Christian Welch and Felise Kaufusi. I thought Kenny was good when he got on too
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Reynolds will have nightmares about Welch
riders of the storm
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Nothing to say except I’m so proud of the Storm.

That was full of heart. So much heart.
estormboy
Squall
Squall

Agreed. They were on fire and ohhhhh what a game to lift in.

What makes this win even sweeter for me is we had the tenacity to bounce back from two incredulous refereeing decisions, both which resulted in try's against us, but also the non existent rub of the green.

Every bounce of the ball seemed to go the rabbits way. When Slater had the no try, I seriously started to wonder whether we were cursed.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Since light travels faster than sound, people appear bright until you hear them speak"  Anon
Bullucked
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

We only got three dud decisions, the Soufs knock on that wasn't called, the soufs player being dragged over the line with a "second motion" and the forward pass. Glad to have the win and a cracking game either way.

Vunivalu's arguing with the ref was just as clever as Blairs back to the action with Soufs first try, and I like Blair - more than Chambers.
I was wondering with Blair not passing to JAC at all was a mistake, maybe they were just lulling the opposition into a false sense of security, and then the quick hands from Slater, brilliant.

A team effort, no passengers tonight.
bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Outstanding! Especially the pack!
Finucane, Kaufusi and Welch were outstanding. I didn't know Kaufusi and Welch had that sort of aggression in defense. Munster stood up when it counted and I thought Suli had his best game in a long time even with his howler in the first half.
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Woke up in my hotel room in Chicago and watched the highlights. Holy shit. What a game!
bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

And honestly how about Billy in his mid 30s and is killing it!
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Felise’s shot on Sam Burgess = Amazing.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

yourhero wrote:Felise’s shot on Sam Burgess = Amazing.
And not just Felise... In that same tackle, Scott, Vunivalu and Finucane all we’re doing their absolute best to make solid contact. That desire to take on the Souths pack was sorely missing a month ago... but there in spades tonight.

Proud.
Kettles
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Deadpool wrote:
estormboy wrote:Question for you all.

Does Cheyse Blair keep his place in the squad in 2 weeks time or does Chambers come straight back into the team at his expense?
No, Chambers comes straight back in, Scott moves back to the left side

He shouldn't - he REALLY shouldn't, but I suspect he will.
He has some sort of incriminating evidence over Bellamy - for sure.
storminghome
Squall
Squall

They are saying that Jesse Bromwich will get suspended for his chicken wing tackle on Inglis.

Your thoughts?
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

yourhero wrote:
yourhero wrote:Felise’s shot on Sam Burgess = Amazing.
And not just Felise... In that same tackle, Scott, Vunivalu and Finucane all we’re doing their absolute best to make solid contact. That desire to take on the Souths pack was sorely missing a month ago... but there in spades tonight.

Proud.
Nothing quite like seeing that thug get a hiding!
Deadpool
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

storminghome wrote:They are saying that Jesse Bromwich will get suspended for his chicken wing tackle on Inglis.

Your thoughts?
Are you talking about the one on GI? That wasn’t a chicken wing tackle at all. And the only person I’ve heard complaining about it is that moron Braith Anasta. Your allowed to grab hold of the arm, there was no twisting or anything like that