Smith/Slater/Cronk Story

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

This.....is my view. Stop talking about it. Stop giving it oxygen. Stop engaging with the story on FB. Just let it slide. And consign it to history where it belongs. All 3 deserve more respect than we could ever show them for what they did for our Club. Let it begin now.
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
Cameron
Monsoon
Monsoon

I'm afraid in modern society, you just cant do that.

You have to face it head on. Else saying nothing is the same as confirming it is true.

That is how modern journalism works
Itzbek the Purple
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Cameron wrote:I'm afraid in modern society, you just cant do that.

You have to face it head on. Else saying nothing is the same as confirming it is true.

That is how modern journalism works
No Cameron , modern journalism works on individuals giving air to such clickbait. We will never know the true story, the context or the environment that this situation arose in and continuing to make opinions does nothing positive for the individuals involved or the club. Let it starve it's way out of existence and let the Journos and Hacks involved hunt for the next clickbait. Maybe it's time to lock this thread.
Cameron
Monsoon
Monsoon

You can lock the thread and hide your head in the sand but the issue wont go away.

I'm not here to defend modern journalism. I hate it and don't read newspapers any more. But this is how it works. One story is written and because there are no real journalists left any more; every news agency runs with the story and as they can quote the original story, it just gets louder and louder. Then with Facebook which has become the bottom feeders' new service. Facebook had so much potential when it started but like everything, it becomes the worst of mankind.

Unless someone comes out with another story/quote denouncing the first story.

As I said; in modern society, to say nothing is more or less agreeing with the gossip and it gives it more air if you say nothing than denounce.
Itzbek the Purple
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Cameron wrote:
As I said; in modern society, to say nothing is more or less agreeing with the gossip and it gives it more air if you say nothing than denounce.
I have no great desire to debate he rights or wrongs of your opinion as you are totally entitled to it. I am interested however, in your motivation to further this thread and am a firm believer in the internet saying " Don't Feed the Troll." So saying that let's move onto the next game at Brookvale and 'Zbek out!
Cameron
Monsoon
Monsoon

See this is the problem. I am a Troll now. This is the problem with the internet. You don't know who I am. We are having a simple discussion on the merit of journalism in modern society. I have no motivations except to say that people need to come out on the front foot with the media basically like Billy Slater did. That is the only way it works.
Lucas
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Cameron wrote:See this is the problem. I am a Troll now. This is the problem with the internet. You don't know who I am. We are having a simple discussion on the merit of journalism in modern society. I have no motivations except to say that people need to come out on the front foot with the media basically like Billy Slater did. That is the only way it works.
Nah you just have a pathological need to have the last word. You'll respond to this, guaranteed.
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

Cameron wrote:See this is the problem. I am a Troll now.
Hoist with his own petard.
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Cameron Smith on Twitter;

Best of luck to the @QLDMaroons boys tonight! Special mention to Bill leading the side as skipper in his last game for QLD. Congratulations to you, Nicole and the family mate, enjoy it! @BillySlater #Origin #QLDER

https://mobile.twitter.com/camsmith9/st ... 9415834624
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Scripted PR nonsense I tells ya.
Deadpool
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

yourhero wrote:Cameron Smith on Twitter;

Best of luck to the @QLDMaroons boys tonight! Special mention to Bill leading the side as skipper in his last game for QLD. Congratulations to you, Nicole and the family mate, enjoy it! @BillySlater #Origin #QLDER

https://mobile.twitter.com/camsmith9/st ... 9415834624
Watch the media twist this to support their bullshit
Danger D
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

"Smith admits to issues with Billy's kids" by Dan Weilder
Cam Smith yesterday sent out a tweet to wish his former maroon teammates success in their battle against the almighty blues. Hidden amongst the seemingly innocuous tweet was a thinly veiled dig at the children of current Storm teammate Billy Slater. In his tweet Smith makes special mention of Billy and his wife Nicole but fails to mention any of the children of the once-great fullback by name.
This reporter understands that the omission is a result of a falling out between the younger smiths and slaters over a game of Uno that was won by Smith's daughter Jada at a family gathering in 2016. Scuttlebutt at a Melbourne playground suggests that Jada used consecutive 'Draw 4' cards to steal the win from young Jake Slater who was leading the game into the late stages. Following the game it is said that both parties were offered ice-cream but that Jake had a blueberry muffin instead further highlighting the divide between the two youngsters.
Alex McKinnon has previously said that he has never once shared an ice-cream with Smith snr which highlights a trend in the Storm captain's persona that has apparently been passed on to the next generation. The struggle between the Smiths and Slaters continues to be fought out in the public view to the horror of the Melbourne Storm club who were famously stripped of their 2006 and 2008 premiership wins due to their dirty dirty salary cap cheating.
Cameron Smith could not be contacted for comment due to the inability of this reporter to do any due diligence.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

:lol: :lol:

Hard to tell sometimes whether people are taking the piss out of Weidler, or it is a legitimate article he has written.
Cameron
Monsoon
Monsoon

Two "Draw 4" cards in a row. That is criminal. I think Jada may yet have the Uno premiership victory stripped from her by the NRL administration. The investigation actually lead of course by News Corp cronies.

And I see there has been no comment from Cam Smith or Billy Slater even though they were involved in Origin last night; so it must be true.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Just waiting for him to cut and paste that article.