Round 15 - Knights vs Storm

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Munster, JAC and NAS were all outstanding. Particularly Munster... again. Having quite a year.
Lucas
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Scooter wrote:Looking ahead to our next game v Roosters on Friday 29 June, we may need to find three new players. Surely it will be tough to back up on Friday night for NZ players after playing Sunday morning (our time) in Denver. NAS, Brandon Smith and Kenny Bromwich could all be picked by NZ.
Not sure Smith or Kenny get selected but if they do, surely they won't get big minutes for NZ. I'd expect them both to back up off the bench.

NAS though is another story. He's a huge loss with Jesse and Dale out injured. I can't see Glasby being selected off that performance, which should help.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

TC wrote:
blazza18 wrote:Kick was on the 4th and at least got into the in goal. Better chase was needed.
Telling someone he was going to do it would be a good idea.
Was not much going on in the play. Kick needed to be just a bit better and everyone would've been fine with the result. Was a better than anything the halves did in the first half too haha.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Knights only completed at 63% as well. Made it easier and somewhat flattered us.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

They seemed to come up with an error every time they created a chance to get points.
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

blazza18 wrote: Kick needed to be just a bit better and everyone would've been fine with the result.
But it almost never is. That's kind of the f*ckin' point.
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

Glasby could still be selected for QLD because they have a lot of forwards with injuries.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

blazza18 wrote:
TC wrote:
blazza18 wrote:Kick was on the 4th and at least got into the in goal. Better chase was needed.
Telling someone he was going to do it would be a good idea.
Was not much going on in the play. Kick needed to be just a bit better and everyone would've been fine with the result. Was a better than anything the halves did in the first half too haha.
It was amplified by what had come before it. Horrible last play options/not getting to a proper attacking kick.

Chambers has a strong history of grubbering for himself/with nobody else knowing what is going on.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

TC wrote:
blazza18 wrote: Kick needed to be just a bit better and everyone would've been fine with the result.
But it almost never is. That's kind of the f*ckin' point.
Yea, I'm just not going to get mad over one kick after our halves did a whole bunch of nothing in the kicking department before that.
RobbieRoss
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Lucas wrote:
Scooter wrote:Looking ahead to our next game v Roosters on Friday 29 June, we may need to find three new players. Surely it will be tough to back up on Friday night for NZ players after playing Sunday morning (our time) in Denver. NAS, Brandon Smith and Kenny Bromwich could all be picked by NZ.
Not sure Smith or Kenny get selected but if they do, surely they won't get big minutes for NZ. I'd expect them both to back up off the bench.

NAS though is another story. He's a huge loss with Jesse and Dale out injured. I can't see Glasby being selected off that performance, which should help.
NAS the only Storm player in NZ team.

Brandon Smith hurt his thumb in making just about his first tackle in the game. He had it strapped at HT and played on, but you could see in the dressing room he was clapping his wrist not his thumb during the celebration, and Craig mentioned it in the press conference. So that might mean time on sidelines, which is not good. Glasby was however back in 3 weeks, so hopefully it is no more serious than that.
Cameron
Monsoon
Monsoon

RobbieRoss, we really have had some injuries so far this year

Not really settled at all.

Munster, Addo Carr and Cam Smith were All world stand outs v Newy.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

https://www.melbournestorm.com.au/news/ ... nts-round/

Something from Round 15 that was beautiful to watch. Storm held "Parents Round".

I knew the club had done things like this before, but I was unaware that it was an annual thing. Just another great idea by the club to build that sense of family and belonging - particularly for the guys that can feel isolated.