Round 15 - Knights vs Storm

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Kasiano comes onto the bench no matter what. There is no way we go into the game with one average-performing prop on the bench.

Young should not be considered for a bench spot for obvious reasons.
Cameron
Monsoon
Monsoon

I know this is sacralige but do we really lose that much with Hughes at full back.

Maybe when Billy retires we can play Hughes at full back and spend the $1.2 million Billy is on per year on a gun half back
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

We miss Slater's experience and leadership. But we don't miss him when he's in the "over playing his hand" mode. If we got Hughes to do a little bit more ball playing I don't think we'd miss much the way Slater has played this season.

Salary cap is good but there are no gun halfbacks. The closest to a proven half on the market is Sezer. We either put faith in Croft being more like the 2017 and WCC version or we buy low on a guy like Kane Elgey. I don't see many other easy fixes.
Cameron
Monsoon
Monsoon

I think we at least need more options at HB.

Croft may succeed yet; but there are still big risks around him and we still have a window of opportunity for the next two or so years with the GOAT in his prime and Munster running riot.

If we don't find a decent HB, we will be a good team sitting about 4th. But if we can find a really good HB, we can play more like last year; virtually unbeatable.

Either that or we spend the money on a Monster forward to replace Tim Glasby.

Billy is almost done. Hamstrings (esp if you have never had them before) are old man injuries.
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Cameron wrote:I think we at least need more options at HB.

Croft may succeed yet; but there are still big risks around him and we still have a window of opportunity for the next two or so years with the GOAT in his prime and Munster running riot.

If we don't find a decent HB, we will be a good team sitting about 4th. But if we can find a really good HB, we can play more like last year; virtually unbeatable.

Billy is almost done. Hamstrings (esp if you have never had them before) are old man injuries.
Sezer has re-signed with Canberra apparently...

i read that Chris Satae from Warriors has signed with Storm. replacement for Glasby ?
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
Cameron
Monsoon
Monsoon

We need someone a bit more powerful and intimidating than Chris.

He is a good back up but we need a Forward with a bit more presence.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Slater officially ruled out.
Itzbek the Purple
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Storm Spirit wrote:
Cameron wrote:I think we at least need more options at HB.

Sezer has re-signed with Canberra apparently...

i read that Chris Satae from Warriors has signed with Storm. replacement for Glasby ?
according to this he is staying in NZ.

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/news/a ... d=12069970
Cameron
Monsoon
Monsoon

Back to Newcastle.

Whats our plans for Ponga?
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Maybe the journo has some inside goss but looking purely at Satae’s manager’s comments, nothing is finalised yet. If anything, he is talking up the benefits of moving...
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Very confusing headline.
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Agreed. Story starts by saying he is staying at the Warriors...but his managers says there 101 brilliant reasons to leave and join the Storm roster...
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
NevilleB
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

There is a separate thread for signings

Back to Newcastle

You handle ponga by belting the pee out of him
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

This place is already all over the place so eh haha.

Fitzgibbon on the edge worries me. He's been good against us the last two seasons. Guess Ponga too.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Anyone seen a team update yet?