Round 12 - Cowboys vs Storm

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Cameron
Monsoon
Monsoon

We were originally talking about the Cowboys v Storm game which we happened to win 7-6 (no it wasn’t a set of tennis). But now it seems a long time ago, what with Billy Slater retiring from Origin and Kasiano getting a week etc.

And due to this being a bye weekend, someone came up with the funny idea that “the bye” was actually a team in the NRL and that we were playing a game against “the bye” and what would happen.
I guess as a way of passing the time as there isn’t much to talk about because there is actually no game this week.
bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Oh I see. Glad you cleared that up. I thought the byestand had gone crazy.
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

There were nine teams in the 1908 NSWRL, so presumably they had byes (or the equivalent) from the very start.
As I recall, Cumberland won just one of eight games in their first (and only) season; so I reckon jockes about being beaten by the bye probably started somewhere around June 1908.
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

The thing is in 2010, Storm we beaten by the bye. We did not receive ang points for our bye games. Gallop said we couldn't if case another teem did not when any games then Storm would be on four points and so would the other. I do not want to say what I think of Gallop.
Cameron
Monsoon
Monsoon

And Gallop also said bye bye to our 2007 and 2009 premierships.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

“Our” :roll:
Cameron
Monsoon
Monsoon

Yes, our premierships. And no other Club who has flaunted the salary cap and tried to buy success has had a premiership taken from them. Even though they have been proven to be over the salary cap as well. Based on the definition of the salary cap and what is and isn't deemed third party arrangements.

Dont even talk about third party arrangement deals and the Brisbane Broncos which would have had all their premierships taken away.