Official thread and signing news

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

A’la Smithy before the cap dramas.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I notice from Paul White’s press conference, he was asked three separate times if the Broncos had tabled an offer to Bellamy. Each time he responded with, “we are currently not in negotiations”. Way to dodge the question ::)
Cameron
Monsoon
Monsoon

Bellamy's presser

Bellamy: “When I sit down and give it some thought I’ll think about what’s best for me, what’s best for my family and what’s best for the footy club.” #purplepride

Bellamy: The first thing I will be doing is decide about the Melbourne offer. I have a few things to think about there #purplepride

Bellamy: “I haven’t been made an offer from Brisbane. I did sit down with Paul White (Brisbane CEO)” #purplepride

“The last thing that I want to be is disrespectful to Wayne Bennett” #purplepride

Bellamy: “The Melbourne offer has probably been there for two, two and a half weeks.

Melbourne hasn’t given me a deadline. I really appreciate their patience.” #purplepride

Bellamy: “These sort of decisions are always hard.” #purplepride

Bellamy: “Our last three weeks has been really hectic. I haven’t been able to give it the time it needs to make a decision.” #purplepride
Cameron
Monsoon
Monsoon

Cameron Smith walked past Craig Bellamy at the airport and said "Don't leave me Craig!"

interesting.
mystormboys
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Cameron wrote:Cameron Smith walked past Craig Bellamy at the airport and said "Don't leave me Craig!"

interesting.

That’s Cameron Smiths dry humour
Cameron
Monsoon
Monsoon

I think it is more pointed than that.

Cam actually did it in front of the cameras on purpose.

The Herald sun is running with the story that the one thing holding Bellamy in Melbourne is his relationship with Cam Smith.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Cameron wrote:The Herald sun is running with the story that the one thing holding Bellamy in Melbourne is his relationship with Cam Smith.
You mean the Rothfield story reprinted from the Daily Telegraph? Do you usually give weight to Rothfield’s claims?
mystormboys
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Cameron wrote:I think it is more pointed than that.

Cam actually did it in front of the cameras on purpose.

The Herald sun is running with the story that the one thing holding Bellamy in Melbourne is his relationship with Cam Smith.
Oh puhleez - honestly the only reason he did this on purpose was to make everyone laugh - you don't know Cameron's humour???- when did you last go to training and meet him. Wasn't IN FRONT of camera's he was walking pass - stop trying to sensationalise everything
Cameron
Monsoon
Monsoon

yourhero wrote:
Cameron wrote:The Herald sun is running with the story that the one thing holding Bellamy in Melbourne is his relationship with Cam Smith.
You mean the Rothfield story reprinted from the Daily Telegraph? Do you usually give weight to Rothfield’s claims?
I give weight to the fact Cam and Craig are extremely close as Craig is Cam’s only team coach over a long and distinguished career.
Their relationship is extremely important to both of them.
In most humour, there is truth.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Of course Craig and Cameron are close. You clearly do not need to explain that.

Stating it is “the only thing keeping Craig in Melbourne”, is idiotic though.
Cameron
Monsoon
Monsoon

How about this then - the biggest thing keeping Craig is the relationships.

the biggest relationship is with Cameron.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Cameron wrote:
yourhero wrote:
I give weight to the fact Cam and Craig are extremely close as Craig is Cam’s only team coach over a long and distinguished career.
Their relationship is extremely important to both of them.
In most humour, there is truth.
Was actually coached by Mark Murray in 2002
Cameron
Monsoon
Monsoon

16th year with the same coach.
bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Ah yes Mark Murray the coach who discovered the big three then tanked to get the best coach into his spot. Thank you Mark you will never be forgotten
Deadpool
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

It’s funny, the media have just swapped out Paul Green for Craig Bellamy. It wasn’t that long ago that everything being said now was being said then but about Green