Tim Glasby

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
nipper652
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

Sydney Radio reporting this morning that Newcastle Knights will today announce the signing of Tim Glasby from 2019, this will be a massive loss especially considering he was stepping up into a leadership role at the club, thoughts people!
Cameron
Monsoon
Monsoon

This was signed off last week. Tim has to go where the money is.

We will bring someone else off the production line in the traditional storm way.
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

I thought we had heaps of money because Cronk left. wonder if her will be another whos career dies when they leave
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

We have locked in a number of young players on long term contracts - they all likely got a bump. We also finalised a 4 year deal with Felise Kaufusi which will use some of those funds... and just because we have some cap space $$$ laying around, doesn't mean we should throw it at the next player off contract.

Tim is the usual Melbourne Storm project forward. Find a hardworking, no nonsense player with the right attitude who is willing to buy in to the culture 100%. Craig will get the best out of them. Bring on the next project.
steaming stormer
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

The way I see it, we'll miss Tim's consistency and effort up the middle.
A no frills player, but is now an Origin player, meaning his asking price will have gone up and no doubt be more than we are prepared to pay. The Storm structure has always been to sign forwards cheap and build the team around them. Confident we'll be more than able to cover this loss next year and beyond.
ALX22
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

steaming stormer wrote:Confident we'll be more than able to cover this loss next year and beyond.
Geraghty and Timm may fill that role.
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

At the risk of expressing an unpopular opinion I am OK with the fact we have lost him, his achievements at storm have pushed his market price to unreasonable amounts given the role he plays for us and stage of career. We have depth which I believe exceeds his talent.

Best of luck to Tim and hope he makes the most of the opportunity. He will be playing alongside a future immortal in Ponga - called it now , mark this day in your diary.
Itzbek the Purple
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Although Tim has done the purple jumper great service and is no doubt a great person, I see another Kirk Reynoldson situation in front of me. Thank you Tim for your great work and good luck in your future endeavours.