Round 23 - Storm vs Roosters

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
RobbieRoss
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Well that was a pulsating half, as befits a top-of-the-table clash! Huge atmosphere here. I was freaking out when the Fox scored, only to have the person next to me pointing to Sutton blowing a penalty 90 metres away. The lads did really well to regroup.

The boring bits were watching Sutton and Cordner engage in a private conversation, presumably about the Korean Peninsula crisis ; and the game being stopped for 5 minutes for Ferguson's life-threatening injury.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Vunivalu - What the absolute f*ck was that!!???
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Suli is just an idiot. Can't comprehend why he'd do something so stupid.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I don't think we deserved that win. The Roosters defence was much better than ours, especially in the middle. Their line speed was outstanding, they got numbers in tackles, wrestled us to our backs and ensured we had probably the slowest play the balls all season (for us).

Our attack was average. Didn't look likely to break them open pretty much all night.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Did Cronk do anything good tonight?
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Yep, missed the field goal to lead to Stimson's try.
Deadpool
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

We weren't real good tonight but still managed to beat the 2nd place Roosters, who imo played their best game in a long time
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Deadpool wrote:We weren't real good tonight but still managed to beat the 2nd place Roosters, who imo played their best game in a long time
Spot on. The simple fact is we still beat the second placed Roosters who I thought were brilliant in defence and threw everything at us yet we still won even though we weren't at our best.

The usual suspects will whinge about that as per usual but I've always said I'd much rather win ugly than lose pretty every day if the week. Sure we've got things to work on but we're now 3 games clear on top of the ladder and most importantly locked up top spot and a second chance with 2 home finals do all in all it was a good night
Bullucked
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

blazza18 wrote:Suli is just an idiot. Can't comprehend why he'd do something so stupid.
I reckon they got inside his head and this was how he reacted.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

If there aren't several Roosters reported tonight then I give up!
Bullucked
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Mattpoet wrote:If there aren't several Roosters reported tonight then I give up!
Give up now.

Also, how were we penalised for obstruction when we hadn't even advanced the ball past the original infraction (knock on)? :shock2: :? I'm sure I saw a play on Thursday night in the Bulldogs game where one side took the ball ten metres past the original infraction, play broke down and the refs brought the ball back for the penalty citing 'no advantage', and sensibly so.
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Maclean - a few decent runs getting us out of trouble, seeing a lot that we will miss next year.

NAS - as active as I've ever seen him, only slight errors but he played one of his best.

Hughes - I'm loving him more each time I see him, I really want him to lock down a position full time and dominate.

Stimson - makes me forget we are even missing Tohu. That position is in good hands for the next few years with him around
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I like it how the Roosters are complaining about the penalty try. Whilst I agree that he wasn't certain to score so I don't think it was a penalty try. But what the Roosters are not saying is if it wasn't a penalty try it was a penalty and a sin bin.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I have absolutely no problem with it being called a penalty try and I think officials should look to call penalty tries more if the situation calls for it.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I would argue that a team being down a man for 10 minutes is a bigger punishment than a penalty try.